Did Yoda and Obi-Wan abandon the remaining Jedi?
Since we know what happened after Revenge of the Sith and how Yoda and Obi-Wan pin their hopes on Luke Skywalker, we knew how Episode III would end. However, in thinking of this did Obi-Wan and Yoda just abadon the rest of the surviving Jedi and leaving them to their own fate without so much as communicating their intentions. They did give up on the remaining Jedi to rebel or use later in the coming Civil War and just pinned all their hopes on one unknown Jedi. Yes, they both knew the truth about Luke's parentage but couldn't something have been done to keep the rest of the Jedi in their use for the upcoming war.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Well, they did get into the Jedi Temple and change the communication beacon. I can't recall the exact plot point, whether it was just tell them not to come home, or to actually warn them.

But yes, I'd say that Obi-wan and Yoda made a command decision (poor one) and decided to pin everything on two infant children. This doesn't exactly seem like the Jedi way, and I'd love to hear some counter-discussion.

Blue Delvia used to be quite good that, as I recall. We should call her in!
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Yes, they did warn them to not return to Corusant but they didn't tell anyone else what they had in mind. It was a poor decision for everyone else. The reason why I bring this up is I'm reading the book, Dark Lord: The Rise of Lord Vader and it deals with a few Jedi who escape death from the Order 66 but are unware of what's happening or what happened to Obi-Wan or Yoda. Now I haven't finished the book but it gives another point of view.
There was plenty of reason to run and hide, initially. There was no reason why they couldn't have formed a resistance. Especially given their general demeanor. There always seems to be plenty of idealists, or disillusioned, or general riff-raff just out to make trouble, who can form a reasonable coalition and cause trouble for the Empire as it's rising.

Maybe they both signed book deals and went on the lecture circuit, then after ten years of that, they pulled a J.D. Salinger.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Yeah I would have thought that the most logical thing to do would be to organise some kind or resistance group out of the remaining Jedi that survived the betrayal even if it was, in the beginning just to plan future operations against Darth Sidious and form the ground work of a later stronger rebellion. A rebellion partly made up of Jedi or their Jedi trained descendants would have been much more effective than the almost purely military resistance organisation that was eventually formed.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent..
A) Rebellion does not have to be centralised, at least at first.

Pi ) Jedi Knights are capable of working autonomously without directives from Central. Anyone who survived Order 66's initial onslaught would wise up very quickly and go into hiding. Then organize something or other, gradually coalescing with the Rebellion.

sqrt(2) ) However, the later phase Rebellion is noted for not having any Jedi Knights except Luke Skywalker, and he a novice! Where are all the Jedi Knights?

sqrt(-1) ) Maybe they unfortunately had gathered on Alderaan...

iii) Maybe they're working behind the scenes in the Rebellion. Luke gained telekinesis in ESB seemingly without instruction? Or was somebody dropping hints?
:deadhorse:
"A Iluvatarinya! En na pelecco carinyesse!"
"Oh my God! There's an axe in my head!" :worry:

http://www.yamara.com/axe/#Q1
Who was left alive in the movieverse? No one else ever showed up. The books may have added a lot of characters but the books and the movies don't always agree.
It was my impression that the only Jedi to survive were Obi Wan and Yoda.

Maybe that TV show that Lucas is planning will expand on this. *eek!*
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
Michael Wrote:Who was left alive in the movieverse? No one else ever showed up. The books may have added a lot of characters but the books and the movies don't always agree.

The official word is that the books are true until Lucas says otherwise. That doesn't help much, but there it is.

We know, according to Obi-wan (ANH) that Vader, "helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights." Now, this could mean that we've seen all the Jedi defeated as of Revenge of the Sith, or it could mean that the majority were killed by Order 66, and that there were still some that remained, and Vader would lead the hunt to find them.

So it can go either way.

GamgeeFest Wrote:It was my impression that the only Jedi to survive were Obi Wan and Yoda.

Maybe that TV show that Lucas is planning will expand on this. *eek!*

By the time of A New Hope, yes, but Obi-Wan and Yoda both felt that there were some survivors hence they went after the beacon.

The books and comics have had a few but Vader does indeed hunt them down.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cute Baby Yoda badlands 2 598 November 13th, 2020, 09:12 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Michael's Review of "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" (No spoilers) Michael 7 927 December 29th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Last Post: mrt77
  Are you ready for The Last Jedi? badlands 1 453 December 15th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Michael
  IMAX Releases Poster for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 493 November 15th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Video: Galactic Premier trailer for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 415 November 14th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Jedi and Bene Gesserit Coconut Ent 5 2,644 November 20th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Coconut Ent
  Lucasfilm Ltd's Yoda statue has become a tourist landmark Michael 0 693 August 8th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Jedi Song comicfan 2 979 September 9th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Celibacy of the Jedi Coconut Ent 18 3,846 August 25th, 2009, 10:58 PM
  Episode 13 - "Jedi Crash" thoughts/reviews Han Solo 4 1,224 January 21st, 2009, 06:50 PM