Ready your devices for Daylight Savings
If you were looking forward to an extra hour of daylight Sunday, you may wind up spending some of it making sure your phones, computers and other tech gear reflect the time change.

With the earlier start and end this year — Nov. 4 — of Daylight Savings Time, some, but not all, digital systems and software are ready for the shift.

A federal law, approved in 2005, changed Daylight Savings Time to start three weeks earlier and end one week later than normal starting this year.

Read the rest here.

[personal rant]
Daylight Stupid Time should either be all the time or none of the time. Recent studies have shown that the new four weeks will have either no impact on energy savings or will actually have an adverse impact. Past studies have also shown that there is a significant loss in revenue due to disrupted sleep patterns. Increased fatalities have also been linked to this change.
[/personal rant]
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
How have fatalities been linked to it? I, personally, won't spend anytime specifically changing the clocks, when I notice its an hour behind, thats when I'll change it!
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
Kwik silver 44 Wrote:How have fatalities been linked to it? I, personally, won't spend anytime specifically changing the clocks, when I notice its an hour behind, thats when I'll change it!

Did you read the article? Just curious if you're questioning the science, of just didn't see the link. :bg:

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I sort of skim read it, Im not really questioning it because I can see the point to daylight savings
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
Kwik silver 44 Wrote:I sort of skim read it, Im not really questioning it because I can see the point to daylight savings

Gotcha. I, on the other hand, hate and loathe DST and see no benefit to it whatsoever. But that's just my personal rant.

The study looked at the statistics for fatal car accidents and noted a peak at the time of DST changeover. They credited this, as other studies have for other things, with the sudden change in sleep-cycles. You get less sleep and your circadian rhythms, the cycle that takes your in and out of the various stages of sleep where you get your rest, are ruined.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am not ready to go back into the cinemas Michael 9 302 November 24th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Michael
Exclamation Betelgeuse getting ready to supernova? Alvin Eriol 4 672 February 15th, 2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  My new flash game is ready... suncrafter 3 647 April 16th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Anyone know about GPS devices? Sciguy 7 571 June 1st, 2006, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Sciguy
  Daylight saving time shadowfax 0 351 May 11th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Last Post: shadowfax
  Well I am ready to hear your opinons on.... TwoXForr 16 1,115 August 26th, 2003, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Bern