Poll: starwars or final fantasy?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
starwars
66.67%
2 66.67%
final fantasy
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

starwars vs final fantasy
i am mad about starwars and my sister final fantasy and i was wondering if people felt like me and thought final fantasy is good but not in the same legue as starwars. the movie for it is the worst thing ever but the games are good if you have loads of time free.
I hate turn based RPGs so I don't play Final Fantasy games, but Star Wars vs MGS, now that would be a question!
Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
Edpayasugo Wrote:I hate turn based RPGs so I don't play Final Fantasy games, but Star Wars vs MGS, now that would be a question!

I think the movies were what was being compared. There are two Final Fantasy movies currently available.

I'm not certain that I can stand up for Final Fantasy as I've done previously for other movie series. :twitch
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
i prefer star wars i think that its a lot cooler than final fantasy
For the sake of argument:

Final Fantasy (the RPG) is better than Star Wars (the movies) because:

10 - Have you seen the cool swords in Final Fantasy VII? Way better than a glowing stick!

9 - Beasties. Yeah, sure Star Wars has tons of aliens, but do any of them have seven tails and work magic ice storms?

8 - Inconsitencies. It's tricky to ruin the plot of an RPG with inconsistencies, where your love-interest and your arch-nemesis can become close family. Final Fantasy side-steps all these concerns by not once resorting to the "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former room-mate" line.

7 - Girl Power. Yeah, sure Leia and Amidala can bust out a blaster if need be, but can any of them summon Odin or Bahamut to rain down fire and brimestone-esque destruction?

6 - Chocobos! Need to walk on water, lava, mountains, rivers, forests, etc.? Chocobos are the all-terrain vehicle of choice. No more debating if you should take the AT-AT, speeder bikes, or some random TIE fighter.

5 - Magic. It's not just limited to a select few with the right genes and microscopic buggies. Anyone and everyone gets a shot at the big time!

4 - Turn-based. Alright, fine, Darth Vader is stronger than Luke! But what would Cloud, Squall or Zidane do? Just call in reinforcements from the bench!

3 - Swords again! They're still that much better than a straight, glowing stick!

2 - Mini-games. What does Star Wars offer? Some rather weak, stolen plot-line from Ben-Hur. In Final Fantasy you can save a giant bird's nest, dress in drag, be part of an elite assassin squad and so much more!

1 - And the #1 reason that Final Fantasy (RPG) is better than Star Wars (movies)? Sheer CGI. Are we really that impressed with Lucas' CGI usage? He still has live actors in his movies. Final Fantasy hasn't ever had a live actor in their final releases! Now that's CGI!

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
there is a movie when the final fantasy people have been actors
obi-gum-kenobi Wrote:there is a movie when the final fantasy people have been actors

Well . . . I did specify the Final Fantasy RPGs, rather than the movies.

But . . . there are, to my knowledge, two movies. Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001) and Final Fantasy: Advent Children (2005). Both are completely computer animated.

Take that George Lucas! :laugh:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Polygon Pieces Together How Lucas Would Have Done the Final Trilogy Michael 0 966 December 11th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Michael
  new starwars films obi-gum-kenobi 3 808 February 12th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Han Solo
  does anyone know any thing about starwars galaxies sithduded 6 1,093 January 3rd, 2007, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Edpayasugo
  StarWars Websites Maverick1989 5 859 July 27th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Han Solo
  which starwars scene would you like to change dreadful vader 69 4,742 April 9th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Pechark
  starwars mykidluvstarwars 4 663 December 20th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Last Post: mykidluvstarwars
  episode 2 was the worst starwars movie qui-gon-dom 10 1,040 August 31st, 2005, 11:52 PM
Last Post: labonte18
  The Other Starwars Movies ?? matteh 9 880 May 31st, 2005, 07:00 PM
Last Post: patomon5
  New to Starwars..HELP! bballs91 4 1,067 May 24th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  StarWars Episode III TV Guide Covers winterspring 2 592 May 6th, 2005, 04:25 AM
Last Post: mcdonald23