Lucy gets role in ABC drama pilot
Some blogger has a theory as to why this didn't get picked up:

Quote:....You simply do not leave a show with talent like Bryan Singer, Lucy Lawless and Ving Rhames standing on the sidelines with no explanation. Especially when there was so much previous hype. So, what happened?

Various sources are indicating that word began filtering down to ABC
from the gods at the NFL that they were not pleased.....
displeased enough that their displeasure might influence future
football contracts for ABC and ESPN, the sports sister of ABC.

One thing that really bowls me over, however, is how
completely spineless ABC appears to have been in this.....

It is being reported that the producers of "Football Wives" are
shopping the show to other networks with hopes of still getting it on
the air. My hope would be that someone like an HBO or Showtime would
pick it up...

Read the rest here.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I'm not that disappointed, seeing that the premise/plot of the show didn't interest me.

However, I AM disappointed by he fact that the moment I can see Lucy Lawless and Gabrielle Union on a television show together is taken away from me!!!
juicy flawless.org

:cheergirl:
Well guess what!

From the Hollywood Reporter:

Quote: ....ABC Studios, which produced the pilot based on the popular ITV series "Footballers Wives," has extended the options on the actors, an indication that the project remains in contention at ABC. "Football Wives" ..... was one of ABC's highest-profile pilots this past development season, and its failure to make it onto the network's schedule was considered a surprise.

Although ABC still has the rights to "Wives," sources said that several other networks, including NBC and Fox, have expressed interest if ABC decides to pass on it.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Great news that the show might still make the schedule after all! Too bad that Kevin's sitcom didn't get the same consideration!
Rhonda
member,OIKSFC
Kevin-#1
"what the world needs now is love"
They're flip flopping!!! lol
juicy flawless.org

:cheergirl:
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Apparently it's now officially dead.

Mary D has some great images from the PR photos and screen captures from the pilt at http://footballwives.lucylawless.info/images/index.php .

One can be found here.

I believe that's Kelly Monaco and Gabrielle Union in the photo with her.
[/COLOR]
Thanks for the links,August!! Too bad the show wasn't given a chance-I think it would have been good! And to think ABC dropped this for Cavemen?Rolleyes Go figure!!
Rhonda
member,OIKSFC
Kevin-#1
"what the world needs now is love"
Well, if nothing else, "Cavemen" will cost virtually nothing to make for the few weeks before it's cancelled. Simply paying "name" actors like Lucy, Gabrielle Union, Kelly Monaco, Ving Rhames, Kiele Sanchez etc. as well as a big-time producer like Brian Singer would have cost an arm and a leg I'm sure, even if it got cancelled mid-season. Plus the expense of shooting scenes with football teams.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Videos: Lucy Lawless interviews about Xena: Warrior Princess Michael 0 546 April 7th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Happy Birthday Lucy Lawless! august 32 6,538 March 29th, 2019, 02:03 PM
Last Post: august
  Lucy Lawless and season 2 of "Ash vs. Evil Dead" august 0 594 September 6th, 2016, 11:02 AM
  Bruce, Lucy and Rob at Comic-Con! august 2 755 July 26th, 2016, 11:19 AM
  Lucy Lawless and Bruce Campbell on Late Show with Colbert (Nov. 10) august 0 582 January 4th, 2016, 02:45 PM
  Bruce, Sam, Rob + Lucy reunite for an Evil Dead Army of Darkness series on Starz! august 31 3,243 December 27th, 2015, 06:08 PM
  Interviews with Lucy, and her "dream project" august 2 581 December 27th, 2015, 04:16 PM
  Lucy Lawless on the Today Show! august 2 554 December 14th, 2015, 12:00 PM
  Bruce's next iconic role... as Reagan?????????? august 2 491 November 23rd, 2015, 06:55 PM
  Ash vs. Evil Dead Panel at Comic Con w/ Sam, Bruce, Lucy and Ivan! august 0 601 July 18th, 2015, 04:51 PM