Anakin: Friend or foe?
When was Anakin best when he was a friend (Jedi) or Foe (Sith)?
Jedi (T w e n t y word limit is soooo annoying.)
Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
Galafre Wrote:When was Anakin best when he was a friend (Jedi) or Foe (Sith)?

I guess that would depend on what you are defining as "best".

Clearly, a lot of pain and suffering in general could have been avoided if Anakin had not turned, and if Palpatine had been ended. So in performing his duties as a Force-user, he clearly wasn't at his "best".

On the other hand, as a Sith, he clearly did a fair job of what was asked of him. Probably, he shouldn't have let emotion rule him completely in his confrontation with Obi-wan, but that's what a Sith is all about, so from that point until his final confrontation with Luke, he was pretty much at his best there.

On the other hand, he always had the potential to do something good and worthy, and in the end, he managed to live up to that potential. That did require him to turn from the Dark Side, so he ultimately failed as a Sith, but as a good guy, he was at his best when he became again, to whatever extent, a Jedi.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I don't know if I can answer that one. RobRoy hit on some very good points. No matter what, Anakin had many of his same traits being a Sith as he did a Jedi. He was always cocky, over-confident, and thought his abilities rivaled or surpassed many of the greatest masters. I thought he did his best fighting as a Sith, but I liked him more as a Jedi because of his unpredictability. You can say that I liked his personality more as a Jedi I guess.
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anakin as Qui-Gon's padawan Han Solo 6 1,403 June 14th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Anakin Clone Dedpool 12 1,024 April 20th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Why Did Obi-1 Let Anakin Live? Darth Meela 40 5,114 April 12th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Saber
  Who is Anakin's father? Alvin Eriol 79 9,258 February 23rd, 2006, 03:33 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Anakin's Motives... (spoilers) Gwaihir the Windlord 25 2,817 February 10th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Gundar Jin
  Was it a mistake to replace old Anakin with the young? Darth Bore 12 1,364 February 1st, 2006, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Darth Chloron
  Why do you think Anakin Turned to the Dark side? (Possible spoiler) Eternally86 27 2,209 December 29th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Darth Bore
  Anakin clone sith lord 11 959 November 22nd, 2005, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Pechark
  What happened to Anakin´s ship? Ladyjedi 2 632 November 21st, 2005, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  What is Anakin doing in the Cantina? EpII Ladyjedi 6 853 September 15th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Last Post: patomon5