Soul singer James Brown dies
James Brown, the legendary singer known as the "Godfather of Soul," has died. He was 73.

Brown was hospitalised Sunday at Emory Crawford Long Hospital with pneumonia and died around 1:45 am on Monday, said his agent, Frank Copsidas.

Along with Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan and a handful of others, Brown was one of the major musical influences of the past 50 years. At least one generation idolised him, and sometimes openly copied him. His rapid-footed dancing inspired Mick Jagger and Michael Jackson among others.

His hit singles include such classics as Out of Sight, (Get Up I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine, I Got You (I Feel Good) and Say It Out Loud - I'm Black and I'm Proud, a landmark 1968 statement of racial pride.

RIP James. I'm sure heaven is just rockin'
Cheers, :hello:
missferal

- Be nice to people on your way up
because you might meet 'em
on your way down -

>***********************<

Official International Kevin Sorbo Fan Club
http://www.ozfans.com

>***********************<
I just read that this morning, I was kind of sad to hear it. I had just seen him on a VH1 broadcast of some UK music hall of fame awards ceremony. He was definitly a big influence and an important figure in modern music, but he was pretty messed up alot of the time, too.
Soul Brother #1
Say it Loud! I'm black and I'm proud!
Hardest working man in show biz
The Godfather of Soul

Dude was really controversial back in the day....
I loved him... Sad

I have a picture of him in my room... Sad

I was so sad to hear about it on the news - especially on Christmas.

And to think that we had just watched The Blues Brothers... lol.
Part the mists and look beyond... there you will find Avalon.
I hear that they changed his outfit often in his viweing... that's just too much I.M.O.

Now I've heard that he hasn't even been layed to rest yet... :anxious:

http://cbs4denver.com/entertainment/ente...23846.html
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "James" Page playing skiffle on the BBC :O august 2 885 September 15th, 2017, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Should there be a movie about Hilter's gay Brown shirt leader, Ludwig Lenz? badlands 4 913 December 8th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Blast from the Past with James Last Space Marshal 2 727 April 24th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Space Marshal
  Video celebrates Karen Carpenter's talent as drummer as well as singer Michael 0 765 November 26th, 2011, 11:55 AM
  American TV commentary icon Andy Rooney dies at 92 Michael 0 537 November 6th, 2011, 12:21 AM
  Legendary guitarist, inventor Les Paul dies, age 94 RobRoy 4 618 August 17th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Kevin Costner, country singer (not its not a movie) missferal 3 1,114 November 7th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Themis
  Comic Book artist Michael Turner dies Boomstick 2 636 July 9th, 2008, 01:49 AM
  Robert Goulet Dies Boomstick 12 1,110 November 5th, 2007, 01:21 PM
  Former Russian leader Boris Yeltsin dies RobRoy 11 879 May 16th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Last Post: RobRoy