Happy Potter and the (7th book title)
Thank you. So Malfoy knew of the power of the diary?
We gather that LV entrusted the Diary directly into the care of a "favorite" minion, Lucius Malfoy. The Devil's Own, from the name, essentially "Lucifer the Malicious" or some such.

Malfoy understood that the Diary would somehow cause the "cleansing" of Hogwarts school. How much more he knew about it is unclear; that is, I don't know if he connected it with the Chamber of Secrets, which was considered by most to be nothing more than a legend anyway.

My 'take' without seeking out relevant passages is that Malfoy didn't really think LV would be back, but in any case, that he didn't understand that the Diary was a Horcrux containing a sliver of his Master's soul. If he had, he would have taken much more care of the thing and not set it into the hands of a school girl!

Malfoy wanted this Dark artifact to do its mischief at Hogwarts. He chose Ginny as his agent, she being young, innocent, vulnerable; and yes, the fact that she was the child of Arthur and Molly was a factor too, as they were loyal Dumbledore supporters and hated. To have their child be so "used" would discredit them and be a personel coup for Malfoy.

Had the plan succeeded, had the Basilisk run amok without being caught, and many students died, and Hogwarts perhaps closed {to perhaps re-open as a school of Dark Arts for LV supporters only?} then Malfoy would have been a Hero to the Dark Cause and beloved of LV.

But that didn't happen. There were Dark events, students {and a cat} petrified and even talk of closing the school ........ but Harry figured out the location of the Chamber, thwarted Tom Riddle's come-back scheme, killed the Basilisk, and destroyed the Horcrux.

This has made Malfoy fall out of favor with LV, now that the Evil Overlord is back. Malfoy lost one of his Master's Horcrux and the plan LV had for Hogwarts through it lies in ruins, the beloved Basilisk dead and rotting under the castle. And so LV's 'punishment' of Malfoy by enlisting his son Draco as a Jr Death Eater, and setting him the task of Dumbledore's assisination ..........

Poor Malfoy! Like his son, he is learning that "trusted minion of an Evil Overlord" is not a walk in the park .............. when the time comes, and he is freed from Azkaban, the Sr Malfoy may think that a hiding place among the Order is much more comfortable than he ever imagined. I wonder if he will get the chance? If his son will get to tell him of D's kind and generous offer?
Darq Ali Wrote:We gather that LV entrusted the Diary directly into the care of a "favorite" minion, Lucius Malfoy. The Devil's Own, from the name, essentially "Lucifer the Malicious" or some such.

On Lucius' name, I did some digging.

The first, and most obvious, is that Latin derived surname: Malfoy. Mal is from the Latin meaning bad. Foy, or foi means faith. This, then, could have any number of meanings, whether Lucius' never keeps faith, one way or the other. After the fall of Voldemort, he claimed to be under the Imperius curse, disassociating himself from the Death Eaters. At the same time, we've seen that he's claimed to remain true to Voldemort. It's reasonably clear that he's playing to his own ends.

Lucius is trickier. It does, indeed, smack of Lucifer, which we can likewise link with his son's name, Draco, which means dragon or serpent, and which is another name for Lucifer. On the other hand, there are a number of notable Lucius in history.

First there is the Roman Emperor Lucius Domitus Ahenobarbus, who we all know better as Nero. Yes, that Nero, who supposedly fiddled while Rome burned.

Then there is the Roman Dictator Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix. Sulla was one of the first Roman generals to march on the city and take it by force to set himself up at leader. He was also known for sweeping purges of his enemies. Sulla was outlined by Machiavelli as having some of the most desirable characteristics for his book The Prince. Recall, though, that Machiavelli said it was better to be feared than loved.

Next we have the mythical Briton King Lucius (also called Saint Lucius) who's death causes his people to rebel against Rome. This caused the Roman ruler to act, which was called, interestingly enough, the Interregnum of Severus, Severus being the leader.

Finally, we have the tragic roman poet Lucius Accius, who's most famous line became a motto for Caligula, "Oderint dum metuant" or "Let them hate, so long as they fear."

There are, of course, other historical Lucius, such as Lucius Junius Brutus (not to be confused with Macus Junius Brutus, the friend and assassin of Ceaser). But they have less of a dark history surrounding them.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Thank you.

I for one don't think JKR chooses names with no reason. One does have to think about them ........

"Tom Marvalo Riddle", yes, LV poses many "marvalous riddles" does he not?

Dumbledore, the bumblebee ..........

What fun!
im not really sure when it comes to these two but i looked up theorys on this and people talk about hallows as saintly or revered but no one ever mentioned deathly. I realized deathly can mean deadly (yeah big whoop that was hard to figure out) but is kind of a synonym to mortal

And mortal makes me think Lv isn't until horcruxes are destroyed. Hallows has also been meant to seek hallows or seek relics. horcruxes are relics of Lv who is to be revered (he who must not be named) and is saught by harry.

Maybe the title can be reworded into "Harry Potter and the search for mortal Relics"
tell me what you think
Garbo008 Wrote:im not really sure when it comes to these two but i looked up theorys on this and people talk about hallows as saintly or revered but no one ever mentioned deathly. I realized deathly can mean deadly (yeah big whoop that was hard to figure out) but is kind of a synonym to mortal

And mortal makes me think Lv isn't until horcruxes are destroyed. Hallows has also been meant to seek hallows or seek relics. horcruxes are relics of Lv who is to be revered (he who must not be named) and is saught by harry.

Maybe the title can be reworded into "Harry Potter and the search for mortal Relics"
tell me what you think

I'd say you're on the right track! :bg:

If you flip up to the second page of this thread, you'll see my post which dug up all the information you're offering and a bit more. :book:

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
dang thats a lot of research...and it convinces me even more that my theory is pretty correct jk just worded it better
Garbo008 Wrote:dang thats a lot of research...and it convinces me even more that my theory is pretty correct jk just worded it better

Ummm . . . not that JK isn't great, but the research (for the post at least) is all mine. :bg:

But I'll take it as a compliment that you thought my elloquence on par with that of a published and phenomenal author. :party:

RobRoy Wrote:Ummm . . . not that JK isn't great, but the research (for the post at least) is all mine. :bg:

But I'll take it as a compliment that you thought my elloquence on par with that of a published and phenomenal author. :party:

no what i meant was that the way i said the title the search for mortal relics
and the better and cooler way to say it Deathly hollows

But that last sentence you wrote was very well written so ill give you that. now if you can keep that up for a thousand page book would be pretty sweet
I like your idea a lot.

I think that I'd reword it as Harry Potter and the Deadly Horcruxes.
This is from Mugglenet.

Quote:Tilden, the Swedish Potter publisher, has revealed on their official website that JK Rowling has provided an alternative DH title to foreign countries: Harry Potter and the Relics of Death. The second title was released by Jo and Bloomsbury because the phrase "Deathly Hallows" is hard to translate without being able to read the novel.

This seems to support, in my opinion, the conjecture that Deathly Hallows means the Horcruxes. It doesn't actually say it, but if it isn't, then it means there is another set of nasty objects in addition to the Horcruxes.

It also seems to rule out that Deathly Hallows refers to a location. Right?
Ooh, I saw that yesterday as well and didn't get a chance to post it here. I agree, I think it rules out Deathly Hallows as being a location and that it supports Deathly Hallows as being the Horcruxes. In fact, after reading that, I'm fairly confident that's what Deathly Hallows means. Smile
Arcadia Wrote:It also seems to rule out that Deathly Hallows refers to a location. Right?

Correct. As we conjectured, the Deathly Hallows are not a place, but are things and in keeping with real world and Potter-verse mythology, likely the horcruxes used by Voldemort.

personally i can't wait for the seventh "happy" potter book. lol maybe we should change the title.?

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harry Potter game badlands 2 506 March 14th, 2021, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Harry Potter bar badlands 3 308 February 5th, 2021, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Michael
  HBO Harry Potter reboot badlands 1 231 January 31st, 2021, 12:24 PM
  Harry Potter theories badlands 10 832 November 5th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Last Post: august
  Did Harry Potter die? badlands 3 400 November 5th, 2018, 12:12 PM
  The Hillywood Show Harry Potter parody (video) Michael 4 658 September 17th, 2018, 05:33 PM
  Universal Studios Harry Potter badlands 1 341 September 5th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Harry Potter wedding badlands 2 378 August 29th, 2018, 09:54 AM
  Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Irene 5 827 April 18th, 2018, 12:24 PM
  Harry Potter presequel news badlands 7 1,056 December 25th, 2017, 04:22 PM