Last movie you saw?
Akasha Wrote:At theaters: Primal, it was interesting, if you like gore and graphic violence. I was expecting the serial killer to not be what/who it was though but kinda figured it would who/what it was about 5 mins into the film.

Do you plan to see Grindhouse? I'm leaning more toward a Netflix queue holder myself.

Last movie I saw was Epic Movie and it was neither epic not really a movie.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I just finished watching 13 TZAMETI. It's a French thriller about crime and a disturbing game that is similar to the russian roulette. I really enjoyed it because of the intensity and suspense. My heart was going to burst. Wink
I just got home from seeing The Last King of Scotland[I][/I]. Forest Whitaker was amazing...imo his golden globe was well deserved!:clap:
" It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
I saw The Last King Of Scotland a week ago, yes it twas very good!! I loved it.
I saw Notes on A Scandal today with Cate Blanchett. Its was also a very interesting movie with very good performances. Everyone in the cinema was old though. Only my sister and I were the young ones.
I finally saw "The Queen" today. I think it's deserving of all the acclaim it's recieved. A great film.
"Hannibal Rising" and "Blood Diamond" last week.
I watched The Departed last night and it was fabulous. Each character was great. I thought Leonardo DiCaprio did a good job but for some reason I loved Mark Walberg's trashy mouth the best. He was hillarious.
jackscolon Wrote:I watched The Departed last night and it was fabulous. Each character was great. I thought Leonardo DiCaprio did a good job but for some reason I loved Mark Walberg's trashy mouth the best. He was hillarious.

I saw that a while ago now, it was quite good; though comic at times. I hated Mark Wahlberg's character though, :lol:.
I saw "Music and Lyrics" Saturday night. Sort of standard fare, but enjoyable enough.
Quote:Do you plan to see Grindhouse?

I will probably go see this one, gotta show my support for Rose McGowan! Especially after catching some of the released photos of her character.
"Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way of your own." ~ Angelina Jolie

Ghost Rider. Surprisingly much better than I thought it would be, though there's little to no chemistry between Nicolas Cage and the actress who played his love interest.
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
"Music and Lyrics" last week.
samdelfino Wrote:"Music and Lyrics" last week.

How was it?
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
"Letters of Iwo Jima" - a very effective and moving follow up to "Flags of Our Fathers".
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
I finally watched "Hollywoodland." Very cool, but I'm partial to the whole 50s cop/private eye drama sort of thing. It lived up to my hopes more than the other recent film of the genre, "The Black Dhalia," did.
Went to see Ghost Rider on Saturday. Pretty good all round and quite funny in places. The villains go down way too easily though (much like in Elektra although Ghost Rider is a much better film over all).
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
"Conversations with Other Women". Helena Bonham Carter did a pretty good job, the editing of this movie looked like it made it challenging to act.
In the theater: Music and Lyrics. I really enjoyed it. Hugh Grant (who was adorable) and Drew Barrymore (who was lovely) had great chemistry together. It was a bit on the fluffy side as far as romantic comedies go, but an enjoyable time nonetheless. The Britney/Paris/Jessica/blonde/popstar kind of annoyed, though (but I confess, by the end I liked the character more). And this is, what... the third time Drew Barrymore has had someone compose a song just for her? So jealous....

At home: Mission Impossible III. I was a bit dubious about another sequel after MI2 (half of which seemed to filmed in slow motion), but I quite liked it! Great action, just enough funny banter between characters, and a terrific supporting cast all around.
Cinema: Also Music and Lyrics Confuseding:. A truely brilliant film, Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore are a perfect match, they can even sing, I agree with Niphredil about the popstar too! :laugh: (My dad would like me to point out the song at the end was performed by America)

With friends: Glory, also an amazing film, even though, its almost older than me its steill an amazing film, almost perfect!!

On my own: Just the two of us, can't really tell you cos I didnt finish it but the last one I did finish was also Mission Impossible III, which I also agree with Niphredil about!
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
RobRoy Wrote:How was it?

I think Niphredil pretty much got it in a nutshell, :lol:. The blonde in it was such an annoying character, except at the end when she "normalised" on stage.

And at home I watched the Stargate film - finally!

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reboot of this old classic B movie The Last dinosaur badlands 1 28 March 28th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Edelweiss pirates movie badlands 1 30 March 21st, 2021, 10:58 PM
  Colorized Movie - "The Phantom Planet" Michael 0 455 November 26th, 2020, 05:09 PM
  Dungeon and Dragons movie again badlands 1 332 November 4th, 2020, 12:11 PM
  G.I Joe and fore night crossover movie badlands 1 249 November 4th, 2020, 11:52 AM
  Hasbro Mask movie badlands 1 377 November 4th, 2020, 11:37 AM
  1950s or 1960s B&W movie with teleportation boxes avianrand1 5 515 September 22nd, 2020, 06:56 PM
  Bernstein Bears movie badlands 3 678 August 12th, 2020, 01:28 PM
Last Post: aaronbossig
  John Lewis movie badlands 1 343 July 18th, 2020, 09:03 PM
  Science Fiction Movie Marathons pogopossum 1 429 May 30th, 2020, 10:15 AM