Chicago
I only went to see this movie after it won best picture for the Academy Awards, because before that I thought it was just like Moulin Rouge (how wrong was I huh? Rolleyes )

Anyway, I was totally blown away by the movie, not to mention the fantastic cast, choreography, the set, costume, script and absolutely everything! But one thing I wasn't sure of, because I'm not from America, so I'm curious, was Chicago really that way back then? Any info on that?

Anybody else has any comments about the movie? PLease share! Smile
Man who drop watch in toilet bound to have shitty time
I saw Chicago a couple of days back, much later than I was meaning to. But, same as with you, it completely swept me away. I absolutely loved it - two hours of pure entertainment :bg:

In fact, I've got the soundtrack now, and love listening to it. It's amazing how the old music can still be so enjoyable for so many people.

Here's another one to get on DVD when it comes out.
Really Comma? Glad you enjoyed it, I posted this thread about a month ago, that was then I realized most people havent seen it yet! Still glad to be hearing feedbacks now! Yes it was pure enjoyment! I love Cath Zeta Jones part. It was amazing how they blend in together the real life, and the stage. Mesmerizing.
Yeah, that's true alright.

I also never knew that any of them could sing. Catherine Zeta-Jones maybe, Renee Zellweger no, Richard Gere no, and I definately didn't know the woman who played Mary Sunshine could sing so well Smile
Yeah you're right! Except mebbe Queen Latifah, the rest was a bit of a shock! Cath Zeta Jones particularly, I didn't know she could sing so well! "All That Jazz" became an immediate favorite, and then I found out she was once doing theather and broadways and stuff, I didn't really know before that! I thought she was just a normal actress! Smile

And I agree with you on that Mary Sunshine character, she always plays annoying roles! Haha! Renee and Richard did really well, especially on the dancing part, all in all Chicago totally deserve all those oscars!

Still one question remains in my mind, was Chicago really like that in the past? I mean, did the media really influence the outcome of the court's decision?
Quote:Originally posted by summer
Still one question remains in my mind, was Chicago really like that in the past? I mean, did the media really influence the outcome of the court's decision?

In the past? Try our own modern times? O.J. Simpson's trial was a study in how the media can be used to sway public opinion and thus the trial itself, regardless of how hard the justice system tries to maintain its blindness. Some of the more heinous crimes are tried in the media long before they reach a courtroom, hence the reason the Rodney King trial sparked such violence and outrage when the "not guilty" verdict was returned.

If you're really curious about such trials you can always look to the very famous Sacco & Vincetti trial, or the Scopes "Monkey" trial. There's a very famous play and movie about the Scopes trial, and I want to say it's called Against the Wind but I don't think that's right. There are dozens of other cases that went both for or against the defendent because of how the media handled the reporting.
Houston . . . we have a problem.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Actor LaBeouf arrested in Chicago for trespassing RobRoy 5 1,069 January 3rd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Last Post: RobRoy