What ever happened to Dahak?
Nope, the plot just moved over to HTLJ in its 5th season.

Highlight for spoilers:

To view, use your mouse to select the text:
Herc and Ioalus travelled to Sumeria, where it turned out Nebula's brother Gilgamesh was king. They thought they were simply rescuing the land from neglect by its gods, but it turned out that Gilgamesh (who was half-god himself) had betrayed them, in order to bring Dahak into the world. Long story short, Iolaus died, Herc grieved for months and gave up being a hero, and ended up travelling to Ireland and then the Norselands, where sure enough, Dahak was trying to destroy their gods too. Eventually, he returned first to Sumeria, then to Greece. (This was while Xena and Gab were in India.) Dahak had taken over the dead body body of Iolaus, and using it, had taken over Greece! :eek: It gave Michael Hurst the chance to play evil, and Dahak/Iolaus was sort of like an evil televangelist, ancient-Greece-style.

The Greek gods had fled to the alt-world in fear, and Ares had trapped them there, hoping to score some deal w/ Dahak. In the end, Herc and ... I guess the spirit of Iolaus sort of entered Iolaus/Dahak's mind (it got complicated) where they saw him as he really was - sort of a giant cockroach beastie. But they were on more equal footing with him. (Much like Xena being able to fight Alti and Yodoshi on the spiritual plane.) Eventually they killed him, and Iolaus rose up to heaven.

But came back again at the end of the season, and was allowed to live again.

Whoosh.org has extensive summaries of all these. Or just go rent Herc season 5. :bg:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
You know, I don't think i ever recall too many people taking notice that Dahak's plans on coming into the world, involved him/it going after the other gods in pantheons like in Eire with Hercules but I guess that is due to the fact that not many Xenaphiles watched Hercules during the Dahak crossovers. It seemed the entity known as Dahak got more fleshed out on Hercules.
"Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it's simply a way of your own." ~ Angelina Jolie

Yeah my sis and I are busy going through all six seasons of Xena and we were quite puzzled about a few things,but she did the research and explained about the whole Dahak / herc thing, it is confusin though as we never followed Hercules at all, although now I'm finishing off S6 of Xena, I have been wondering whether to get the Herc boxsets just to figure out some answers lol
Akasha Wrote:You know, I don't think i ever recall too many people taking notice that Dahak's plans on coming into the world, involved him/it going after the other gods in pantheons like in Eire with Hercules but I guess that is due to the fact that not many Xenaphiles watched Hercules during the Dahak crossovers.

I think so too, to a certain extent. I think probably several million people watched both, but not a one of those were message board fans. I imagine a few hundred message board fans probably watched both, and then never had occasion to comment, since they pretty much understood. For example, I don't know that I've ever had any desire to comment too much on the nature of Dahak one way or another. But naturally, close to 100% of Xena message board fans who didn't watch HTLJ would feel inspired to ask "Hey, what was the deal with Dahak/Hope/Callisto?" if they didn't know the answer.
the dahak thing confused and disappointed me. after hope died in maternal instincts and came back as this hideous shapeless being in armaggeddon now i was lost. then somehow hope gets reborn so i dont no what happened to that shapeless figure of her. when hope fell in the lava pit you knew it wasnt going to end there. a family affair ruined the whole hope/xena gab fued. dahak should have came back somehow and fought xena not hercules.
Rob Tapert originally intended Dahak to be a major villain in both shows, but Sorbo's illness postponed that so by the time they were ready to do it in Hercules, they'd moved on in Xena.

I agree A Family Affair was a bit of a damp squib. I got the impression that they were bored with the story and just wanted an end to it.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
Zagor Wrote:Rob Tapert originally intended Dahak to be a major villain in both shows, but Sorbo's illness postponed that so by the time they were ready to do it in Hercules, they'd moved on in Xena.

I agree A Family Affair was a bit of a damp squib. I got the impression that they were bored with the story and just wanted an end to it.

so hercules screws the whole thing up then gets the big battle? thats pointless. kevin sorbo never was a good actor though IMO. watch andromeda and u'll know wat i mean lol
Personally I think it made more sense to do the dahak story in Hercules. Since Herc is the one who's relaated to all the gods and Dahak plans on destroying the gods, it gives Herc more of a personal connection with the story than Xena would have had. I also think the twilight of the gods storyline should have been in Hercules rather than Xena since a lot of the gods Xena killed were Herc characters rather than Xena ones.
ephiny_fan Wrote:so hercules screws the whole thing up then gets the big battle? thats pointless. kevin sorbo never was a good actor though IMO. watch andromeda and u'll know wat i mean lol

Excuse me but Kevin/Hercules didn't screw up anything...He had a very serious illness that could have cost him his life!!!! I did watch Andromeda and I enjoyed it most of the time. He played a whole different character and that's what acting is all about..
Kate
Troll Hunter and catcher Extraordinaire
yeah he was a good but there was a good hope storyline brewing. now i dont think herc had a clue who hope was apart from the fact that she was the daughter of dahak. and im just trying to say that if herc gets sick then they should hae put it onto the xena series instead.
Well to be fair, they finished the Hope storyline in Xena, just not the Dahak one. And Dahak hadn't really been that important in Xena after impregnating Gabby.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ever wonder what happened to the "Jack" crew? august 21 2,643 February 24th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Last Post: aerips
  what ever happened to bacchus? ephiny_fan 1 513 May 10th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Last Post: august
  what happened to amazon queen eve? ephiny_fan 3 569 December 16th, 2006, 05:22 PM
  Kevin as Dahak Zagor 2 366 October 25th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Last Post: shambalayogi
  what happened to Iolaus?? OHARA 13 1,629 October 27th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Lady Aeolusia
  What happened to Eve? Unregistered 3 718 October 8th, 2004, 05:16 PM
  What Happened... Gabby 3 445 July 27th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Gabby
  What happened to Ania? Dennelayn 10 635 March 8th, 2004, 05:54 PM
  Eh? What happened there? brandy 4 395 December 30th, 2003, 12:48 PM