I guess off the air off the mind!
Hope, D`Argo.... I have HOPE. John

Too many stories are nothing more than connected vignettes of codified symbols used to tell the audience where the plot currently stands like some sort of checklist Mirage
Quote:Interesting. Most people seem to love Zhaan the best or close to it, but she did have her Hmmmmmm moments. I remember reading somewhere a comment about Nerve in which someone pointed out that it was D`Argo, not Zhaan, who had the idea to hook Aeryn up to Moya`s systems to filter the toxins from her body, and that Zhaan seemed pretty willing to just let Aeryn go into the sweet bye and bye without trying too hard to come up with a plan to save her.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]
Yes You're right she didn't seem to care when Aeryn Sun was dying in the episode Nerve. I'm not saying she didn't have her moments including saving Aeryn in the beginning of season three but for me personally she had more negatives than positives. [/COLOR]

Quote:AMEN and HELL YEAH!!! I LOVE D`Argo. He had probably more growth throughout the show`s run than anyone, and it was all very believable and natural. As for the Klingon wannabe, I`m finding that amusing because one of my brothers (the only family member who watched Farscape with anything approaching regularly) thought it was Michael Dorn playing him.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]
Really? Well I'm sure at the end of the day I'd bet that Star Trek fans could only dream about having Worf so three-dimensional. Can you remember the episode where Crichton first discovers the worm hole over that Tatoine type of planet with the solar flares and loses all his information on one holes to that fat female mechanic that eventually sells have information to the Scarrans in later seasons ? those dog track is one of them was named Worf , well something extremely similar it makes me laugh every time! [/COLOR]

Quote:Yeah, I didn`t get to see much of Space: Above and Beyond but wish they`d given it a better chance.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]
Hell yes I wish they had given it more time. A lot of what was bandied about was that the show was so expensive and the numbers didn't justify the cost. Apparently though the show wasn't that costly and even made money during its initial run!

You should definitely get to see all of Space: Above and Beyond it's a terrific series. If you're in the US you could always rent the DVDs or buy them. Although some of the CGI looks a little dated particularly during the pilot movie the series definitely stands the test of time. Fox has the foresight to give these quality sci-fi series The Green Light then has little faith in them when they are being made. The problem is they get the best talent to create new shows which are ground-breaking in their own right and then expect them to be more like a mediocre star Trek series. Shame really.[/COLOR]
Hi Guys

It's great to see some activity back on the Farscape forum. I must admit that I haven't watched a Farscape ep for ages, probably a year or two. Nor have I posted here for an age, or should that be cycles?

My favourite quote will always be from the first season:

"John Crichton, valued friend...no, wait a minute, valued friend
is a bit of a stretch. John Crichton, unwelcome shipmate, may you
have safe transport to the Hallowed Realm....Actually, not our
Hallowed Realm, no, that's for Hynerians. Go find your own Hallowed
Realm. Humph...with the ceremony of passage complete, I declare you
officially dead and claim all your possessions for myself. Mmmm!"
Rygel XVI - Dominar of Hyneria

That would be from That Old Black Magic, methinks.

I never got into a tv show before, not like I did with Farscape. I doubt I ever will again. Certainly there was something magical and captivating about that first season. And I think that first season will remain the most memorable for me, even though my favourite ep of all seasons will always be "The Way we Weren't", early from season 2.

~ Matt
reading odd segments off this thread has made me all Scapey again, I'm gonna kidnap the boxsets from my dad and watch them all over again....may get me over my Xena phase...I'm having withdrawls after watching the entire six seasons over the past few months.....now I can go into Farscape withdrawl instead until I get my hands on the new Tribe season 5 boxset..
mpee?

Wow! So good to see you again. Glad you`re well. Haven`t watched it for a whole cycle? Well, get busy! Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiya, sarahloui! :wave:

Heh heh, getting all "scapey" again, I like that. Yes yes, watch them all again. I was watching it on Saturday nights late, but haven`t watched it in like. . . . Yikes, must be a month now. I`m almost midway through Season 3.

Too many stories are nothing more than connected vignettes of codified symbols used to tell the audience where the plot currently stands like some sort of checklist Mirage
Bern Wrote:mpee?

Wow! So good to see you again. Glad you`re well. Haven`t watched it for a whole cycle? Well, get busy! Wink

Yeah, I don't get into the Farscape Forum as much as I used to; just not as much activity as there used to be. And it's quieter at work at the end of the academic year, so it's easier to cruise on the 'Net a bit more.

My wife (of almost two weeks!!!) and I are getting the 'Net at home (at last), so maybe I'll come to the forum more often; drum up a bit of business methinks.

I think I would enjoy revisiting Farscape seasons 1 & 2 more than any other. I preferred the more standalone ep approach of the first season and a half. I'll happily get busy rewatching those.

BTW Bern, it's great to see some of the old hands are still on deck. Most of the guys/gals who used to hang out here seemed to have moved on.

~ Matt
MPEE! Hey babe, long time no see! Most of the oldtimers and newtimers as well post at Barscape Smile

Congrats on getting married. That is wonderful news!

I really need to get back to collecting the Farscape Starburst DVD's and watch the show again. I miss it.
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. -Rita Rudner
Hey, mpee, congrats on the recent nuptials! :clap: :clap: :clap:

So I`m dying to know, is Mrs. mpee a Scaper too? And if not, you surely must be planning to try to get her hooked, right?

Or perhaps they modelled their wedding after Chricton's in the Look at the Princess trilogy, except they decided that two weeks was quite long enough to live as a statue. :tongue:

Anyhoo, welcome back, Matt, it's great to see a familiar face back here once in a while. We're all coping with the fact that there's no more Farscape in our own way - I'm watching Babylon 5 myself, started season 3 recently, it's different than Farscape but good nonetheless.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
Bern Wrote:Hey, mpee, congrats on the recent nuptials! :clap: :clap: :clap:

So I`m dying to know, is Mrs. mpee a Scaper too? And if not, you surely must be planning to try to get her hooked, right?

Hiya Bern

Mrs mpee (aka Polly aka Chun Fa) is not a hardcore 'Scaper. She has seen a few episodes - my favourite early episodes. She thought the show was pretty good, but instead of falling head over heels in love with the show, she feel head over heels in love with me :eek: . How crazy is that?

~ Matt
mpee Wrote:Hiya Bern

Mrs mpee (aka Polly aka Chun Fa) is not a hardcore 'Scaper. She has seen a few episodes - my favourite early episodes. She thought the show was pretty good, but instead of falling head over heels in love with the show, she feel head over heels in love with me :eek: . How crazy is that?

~ Matt
AWWWWWW, that`s so cute! NOT crazy! Sure it would have been even cuter if she fell for you and the show, but hey, at least she has good taste about you. Wink And at least she thinks the show is "pretty good" so that`s a start and better than a lot of Scapers can hope for. I remember discussions about how a lot of people seem to be alone in their love for the show, no friends and family are into it etc., so they have to come to places like this to find other Scapers to talk to. So does she have a favourite ep or does she just generally like it?

celeb-galad Wrote:Or perhaps they modelled their wedding after Chricton's in the Look at the Princess trilogy, except they decided that two weeks was quite long enough to live as a statue. :tongue:

Anyhoo, welcome back, Matt, it's great to see a familiar face back here once in a while. We're all coping with the fact that there's no more Farscape in our own way - I'm watching Babylon 5 myself, started season 3 recently, it's different than Farscape but good nonetheless.
:laugh:
Hey, that`s an idea, celeb-galad! Look at the Princess is way up on my list of favorite eps. You must show Polly that one, mpee. So many great things in it about love and relationships. I especially liked the stuff that Cassanova guy said to Aeryn when they were out in the wilds. And some of the stuff Chiana said. . . And D`Argo. . . And. . . Man, now I feel like watching it again.:bg:

BTW, that`s the ep my sig is from. Just remembered.

Hiya Bern

Sorry to disappoint, but the wedding was decidedly Non-Farscape-ish.

~ Matt
umm, JOOL. that's the one for me.
The pants of peace will always have pockets of resistance.
Bern Wrote:AWWWWWW, that`s so cute! NOT crazy! Sure it would have been even cuter if she fell for you and the show, but hey, at least she has good taste about you. Wink And at least she thinks the show is "pretty good" so that`s a start and better than a lot of Scapers can hope for. I remember discussions about how a lot of people seem to be alone in their love for the show, no friends and family are into it etc., so they have to come to places like this to find other Scapers to talk to. So does she have a favourite ep or does she just generally like it?

No so much a favourite ep, but she was certainly a Zhaan fan! O, I love the blue lady, she would say.

~ Matt
mckenna Wrote:umm, JOOL. that's the one for me.

I will second you on that Jool motion.

Better than that tramp Sikozu! I even had to put her name down here so she would ruin the first sentence.
WHAT AM I, FLY PAPER FOR FREAKS?!!!
Pags payback Wrote:The only one I don't really like is Zhaan and maybe I'm not so keen on stark. I never forgave Zhaan , of all people, for cutting off Pilot's arm.

I'll forgive you for that just because you're a Farscape fan in general...

But Zhaan was the best frelling character (Sci-fi or whatnot) to EVER be created! :angry:
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
BlueDelvia Wrote:I'll forgive you for that just because you're a Farscape fan in general...

But Zhaan was the best frelling character (Sci-fi or whatnot) to EVER be created! :angry:

Third...
After Crichton and Jool.

ducks
WHAT AM I, FLY PAPER FOR FREAKS?!!!
Rnap22 Wrote:Third...
After Crichton and Jool.

ducks

[Image: wild.gif]

Ryan my love eternal... here's a mint for you. [Image: Violence_Bomb_in_Mouth.gif] With all my love. [Image: whistle.gif]
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guess What's Coming to Dinner? EDSEL_PK 38 2,876 May 29th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Afiriel
  Just a guess about season # 11 and on masterblaster 5 1,017 August 9th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Feral
  Hey guess who I saw on SG:Atlantis? katiegirl 9 1,132 March 27th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Last Post: I Love Daniel
  Time Out of Mind-SPOILERS! gemini0521 0 366 May 10th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Last Post: gemini0521
  "Time Out Of Mind" : VIDEO PREVIEW Eclipse 3 643 April 29th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Stargazer
  Machinery of The Mind-SPOILERS! gemini0521 7 482 January 21st, 2004, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  "Machinery Of The Mind" : VIDEO PREVIEW Eclipse 1 429 January 8th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Stripe
  Guess who this is... Akasha 7 764 September 2nd, 2003, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Boomstick