Lesser known horror film; Rest Stop
Got to see a screening of this movie a few weeks back and thought it was worth mentioning. Truth be told I'm not the biggest horror movie fan anymore because of all the camp and overproduction involved. I did like this film however since it kept a basic approch, there were some intense gore scenes as well. I actually enjoyed this movie more than SAW (sorry but I felt this is one of the most overrated movies of all time) Anyways apparently the uncut dvd is coming out soon so it might be something to check out if you're a fan of lesser known horror films (BTW I discovered the site corpsecasting.com through the movie as well. Whoever made that site shares the same sense of humor I do LOL)
Hi, Dtmmrw, I haven't really seen any of the recent horror movies either. They all seem to be the same, they just push the gore as far as they can. I'm not a big fan of excessive gore, so I've avoided them.

What do you mean by a "basic approach," was it essentially a slasher?
I meant that it's a film that will cater to classic horror movie fans. I don't think it has excessive gratuitous extreme gore or anything, it's just a different type of horror movie that I think horror movie fans will enjoy more than bigger hollywood style horror films (most of which are essentially remakes with big production)
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Note: Rest Stop premiered in the US on Sat. Oct. 7th as a Sci-Fi Channel Original (although I think it was originally filmed w/ the intent of going direct to dvd.) It stars Jaime Alexander and Joseph Lawrence (aka Joey Lawrence - "whoa." Wink ) Official site is at http://www.rawfeed.com/ , and Sci-Fi's site for it is at http://www.scifi.com/reststop/ .

It got a 1.2 rating, i.e. about a million and a half people watched its premiere (about the same number as saw "Serenity" in its first week in the theatres, for comparison.) It finished 4th for the week for the network (out of c. 150 hours of programming, close behind new installments of Eureka, BSG and pro wrestling) beating out a new Dr. Who, and reruns of Dead Like Me, Heroes, John Doe, BSG, Eureka, X-Files, Stargate, Night Stalker, The Abyss, etc.

Interestingly, it was written and directed by a former X-Files/Lone Gunmen writer/producer, who also worked on "Enterprise" and "Supernatural."[/COLOR]
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has quality of film making gone down? Yalmuk 2 324 July 14th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: Trailer for independent film "Iron Sky" Michael 6 1,848 March 19th, 2022, 03:25 PM
  Horror too disturbing badlands 3 371 February 23rd, 2022, 10:17 PM
  Will we see the return of the small budget science fiction film? hour_25mikehodel 4 435 February 23rd, 2022, 09:24 PM
Photo Ali Pourahmad directed an amazing sci fi film called Aliens Reaction scifilover 0 1,486 December 27th, 2020, 05:56 AM
Last Post: scifilover
  1905 Film Colorized and Smoothed in 2020 Michael 0 502 November 26th, 2020, 04:59 PM
  Spielberg to make a Armenian genocide film badlands 2 871 May 4th, 2020, 03:51 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Film Director of Boyz and hood and Poetic Justice dies: John Singleton badlands 0 630 April 30th, 2019, 04:35 PM
  The Book of Revelations as an animated film badlands 6 979 April 23rd, 2019, 05:58 PM
  Film Director, Writer Larry Cohen has died Michael 1 903 April 14th, 2019, 08:25 PM