Anyone get the individual rerelease of the original trilogy dvds?
Did anyone get the dvds that came out last week? While I always want the original trilogy on dvd, there was no reason to get them with the pitiful effort Lucasfilm put into it (non anamorfic, no 5.1 digital sound).
I can imagine quite a bit.
Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
Yeah this is a release here in the states. They sell Episodes 4, 5, and 6 individually now when before you had to get them in a set. Plus the set didn't have the originals.
I would love to have the OT on DVD, it will always be the definitive edition for me, par perhaps some better effects here and there. However, I already have the 2004 editions, and I'm not going to fork out to get them again with a bonus disc that has the OT on. I can still enjoy Star Wars watching the 2004 edtion.

That and the art work on them is (although an improvement from the seperate 2004 edtion) HORRIBLE! Can't they just release the OT with the original artwork? The artwork change is Lucas' worst change of all in my opinion.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
I heard only recently that these were being released and as soon as I saw it I just started yelling:

I KNEW IT! I TOLD YOU SO!

I didn't fall for Lucas' pitifully transparent and painfully belabored point that he would never release the original theatrical versions of the first set of movies.

Given that they are now being released singly, I would wager that there will be at least one if not two more releases to continue padding Lucas' matress so that he can sleep better at night.

Of course, perhaps his $175 million donation to his alma mater might have something to do with it. I mean, just how many times can he give away that much money before he needs to announce he'll be doing another three Star Wars movies?

In answer to the question, though, no, I have not, nor will I, be purchasing the "latest and greatest" edition of Star Wars. I have my burned laser-disk-to-dvd editions, and I'm satisfied with those. I own too many copies on VHS to want to shell out one more time for what clearly will be a never-ending parade of new, revised, revamped, re-edited, semi-theatrical, quasi-reimagined editions.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
thedigitalbits.com has a review on them.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/s...91406.html

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Polygon Pieces Together How Lucas Would Have Done the Final Trilogy Michael 0 723 December 11th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Peter Mayhew, original Chewbacca, has died Michael 0 468 May 2nd, 2019, 08:27 PM
  Rian Johnson to Make Another Star Wars Trilogy FilmGuy 4 902 November 14th, 2017, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Disney rerelease Star Wars trilogy badlands 2 608 October 4th, 2015, 04:47 PM
  48 Hour Star Wars Trilogy Marathon May 2nd-4th Punny 1 644 May 4th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Tweaks made to the classic trilogy - Lucas at it again! Han Solo 13 1,684 September 12th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Nightspore
  Why the Prequel trilogy changed the sense of the Original trilogy milivella 4 799 June 14th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Last Post: milivella
  Original Trilogy on dvd... Han Solo 22 1,681 May 17th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Favourite trilogy. smelly yoda 15 1,283 January 14th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Last Post: erockluke
  Original Trilogy Or New Ep's ALBINO 30 2,471 December 31st, 2005, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Han Solo