When you hear 'Star Wars' what is the first thing you see
Just trying to stimulate a bit of fun discussion.

Let's say Star Wars goes dormant for a few years (I know it's not but let's say you get a ten your gap like Trek between 69 and 79 or Jedi and Episode I), what's the first image that comes to mind when you hear 'Star Wars'. Is it Vader's mask, lightsaber, breathing, AT-ATs, what is it for you.

I guess for me, it will always be Vader's mask. The reason I say this is because of the packaging that Episode III has had with Vader's mask. That's probably the image I will associate the most. It's pop culture now.

Anyways, your thoughts?
I can imagine quite a bit.
To me it would either be an X-wing, a TIE fighter, or the death star. Probably a combination of all three, really. Those old school space battles were the best.
Probably Vader!

But I agree that space battles rule, that why I love the begining of Ep3 but wish it was extended, and AOTC needed alot more than just Jango chasing Obi Wan!
Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
Probably the famous logo. And then in another few milliseconds: Vader, lightsabers, planets, Yoda etc.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
Pechark Wrote:Probably the famous logo. And then in another few milliseconds: Vader, lightsabers, planets, Yoda etc.

I was thinking the battle scene between Vader and Luke
Kate
Troll Hunter and catcher Extraordinaire
For me it is always the image of Luke on Tatooine, and the haunting melodies of the theme playing in the background. I don't know why, but that's what it is for me. Perhaps it's because I saw this movie first, in theaters and at such a young age, and it really stuck with me.

Vader's entrance onto the ship is the next thing that comes to mind, with the smoke clearing and his own theme song playing with the heavy thrums of doom and gloom at his black visage towering over the white-clad stormtroopers.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Tie fighters.

I didn't get to actually see Star Wars until... 1993 !! All I had to go on in the early 1980s was the glimpse of TIE fighters on TV.

Did the Empire favour Necktie fighters or Bowtie fighters?
:deadhorse:
"A Iluvatarinya! En na pelecco carinyesse!"
"Oh my God! There's an axe in my head!" :worry:

http://www.yamara.com/axe/#Q1
The theme song, or "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away," something along the lines of that.
I'd say vadar, light sabres and the little beam/bullet the comes out of a blaster.
The mask of Darth Vader.
Se onr sverdar sitja hvass!
Whenever someone mentions Star Wars, my friends and I all start humming the theme song, badly out of tune.

Personally though I think of my own little warped star wars image Darth Kitty. Just think a gray kitten with a Darth Vader hat on, sitting in a space ship with the death star hovering outside the widow.
a red lightsaber igniting

PSEOOOOOO!!!!
Death Star definitely Death Star, and then little Anarkin Skywalker, Whoa Whoa noise of light sabres, Jabba, Yeah ! and Leia In the slave girl scene!
Lightsabers for the most part, but every now and then I see Wicket the Ewok.
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
Lightsabers, Vader and my toys
storm troopers are it for me. There power in their in uniform imtimadating.
First thing I think of is Darth Vader's breathing.
First thing I see is I guess it would have to be Vader.
WHAT AM I, FLY PAPER FOR FREAKS?!!!
I would also think the logo and also probably light saber battles and the light sabers. Additionally blasters.
I think of Luke Skywalker standing looking at the moons on his home planet of Tatooine. Ok, I read the first book, when it was published. Giving my age away.
[url=http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p75/ckstroud/whoseyourfavoritemen1.jpg][/url]
Lightsabers, or maybe the death star

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'Star Wars' Not Opened From Steam! MagnusMoore 1 124 September 3rd, 2021, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: Fans remember seeing 'Star Wars' in 1977 Michael 3 216 August 29th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Last Post: rkomar
  Star Wars Books namesarehard 2 318 November 14th, 2020, 01:44 AM
  Star Wars video / computer games badlands 1 452 July 18th, 2020, 08:52 PM
  Video: Star Wars Like You Have Never Seen It Before Michael 0 355 July 9th, 2020, 08:55 PM
  Video: Happy Life Day, Star Wars Fans! Michael 0 574 December 26th, 2019, 02:00 AM
  Video: Trailer for "Star Wars 9" (Rey fights Kilo Ren) Michael 1 414 December 9th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Video: Star Wars IX trailer from D23 Michael 2 563 October 24th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Game of Thrones show runners to helm next Star Wars project august 2 563 May 22nd, 2019, 10:48 AM
  Video: Star Wars Episode IX panel at Star Wars Celebration Chicago Michael 1 542 April 12th, 2019, 05:37 PM