Stephen King, John Irving ask J.K. not to kill Harry
Don't read more into this story than there is to it. These two very well-known authors have simply made public their desires to see Harry survive. J.K. Rowling did not indicate in any way that they know anything more than any other readers.

Authors to Rowling: Don't kill Harry Potter

Stephen King, John Irving join wizard creator for fund-raiser

Tuesday, August 1, 2006; Posted: 2:37 p.m. EDT (18:37 GMT)

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Two of America's top authors, John Irving and Stephen King, made a plea to J.K. Rowling on Tuesday not to kill the fictional boy wizard Harry Potter in the final book of the series, but Rowling made no promises.

"My fingers are crossed for Harry," Irving said at a joint news conference before a charity reading by the three writers at New York's Radio City Music Hall.

The author of "The World According to Garp" and a string of other bestsellers said he and King felt like "warm-up bands" for Rowling, who is working on the seventh and last book in the Harry Potter series, and who has said two characters will die.

Read the full article here
they seem a bit pushy don't they?
i mean afterall it is her story she should be able to do anything she likes with without having people complaining about her decisions
ginny weasley Wrote:they seem a bit pushy don't they?
i mean afterall it is her story she should be able to do anything she likes with without having people complaining about her decisions

I think they are two fans, who don't want to see Harry knocked off.

I think it is great that two great authors are such fans of JK.

With love.
Lorne.
I think it's hilarious that two famous authors who write fiction that kills off characters all the time are begging a writer of what began as children's books not to kill off the main character. Oh the irony! LOL
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. -Rita Rudner
What would be the point of the series if harry dies
then the series would have to be named after vold
CJ~ Wrote:I think it's hilarious that two famous authors who write fiction that kills off characters all the time are begging a writer of what began as children's books not to kill off the main character. Oh the irony! LOL

In the case of Irving (I'm thinking of The World According to Garp), Harry might instead undergo some unfortunate amputations, tho!

All we need now is for George R. R. Martin to chime in as well! :laugh:
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
dang hes already been through alot
really do they really think jkr would lidten to them?
she might you never know
besides if you kill harry whats the point of calling it the hp series
well she's not going to kill harry she already said that, i'm just saying , that the two authors are a bit ......i can't find the word...... nosy
LOL

Very well placed
Ginny, are you willing to place a small bet on that Harry is going to die? I am almost certain that it is true she is going to kill him off.
she CANT then the series would NOT be complete
Huh?:confused: anything could happen! Voldemort could sit up and kill him with his dyeing breath. My strongest guess so far is that Harry dies, Voldemort laughs, Neville kills.
Neville Kills???????????????????????
Kills WHO?????????????
OMG! :jawdrop: Are you serious? I'm the one with the Star Wars name! In the books it says that it could be either Nevile or Harry that killd Voldemort. DD says it's likely that it's Harry. But that could be misleading.
ONLY the people who heard or even partly heard the phrophecy can make it come true

G2G be back MON.
Cya. No one heard the prophecy, it only involved Harry, that's all anyone is certain of.
maybe trelawney told someone else
While I don't want to see Harry die, I don't think it would make the series pointless or warrant a name change. The story is about Harry, and if Harry dies then that's still about Harry, and indeed an important aspect of Harry and his life.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harry Potter game badlands 2 572 March 14th, 2021, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Harry Potter bar badlands 3 345 February 5th, 2021, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Michael
  HBO Harry Potter reboot badlands 1 266 January 31st, 2021, 12:24 PM
  Harry Potter theories badlands 10 894 November 5th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Last Post: august
  Did Harry Potter die? badlands 3 435 November 5th, 2018, 12:12 PM
  The Hillywood Show Harry Potter parody (video) Michael 4 692 September 17th, 2018, 05:33 PM
  Universal Studios Harry Potter badlands 1 367 September 5th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Harry Potter wedding badlands 2 407 August 29th, 2018, 09:54 AM
  Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Irene 5 863 April 18th, 2018, 12:24 PM
  Harry Potter presequel news badlands 7 1,104 December 25th, 2017, 04:22 PM