Rate Orphan Of War
This has to be, at this stage in the serise, the most emotional stroy so far. Here we see a scared warrior princess, scared to loss her son. Gab, on the other hand, takes a step to the side lines, not really improtant on the whole to this episode in my view, but we all love Gabs.

Its also the frist insight we get into Xenas past. We get to see how much she wants to forget those darker days, but as she fnds out she cant. With many more Dagnens out there from Xenas past to remind her of what she use to be.

Orphan Of War is also the frist stroy to leave me with a tear in my eye. The closeing momnts of the stroy were Xena walks off ad leves her son is a very moveing moment.

On the whole, 7 out of 10. A good season starter
[COLOR="Navy"]Yep, decent enough episode, and an early example of what would become Gab's common refrain every few weeks: "What? You never told me about that! By the gods, Xena, what else haven't you told me?"

The flashback where she gives her son away is indeed pretty touching. Mark Ferguson as Dagnine is a good villain, and nice to see a little cameo by future Capt. Brogard actor Stephen Papps as the telescope/lip-reading guy.

Yep, I'd give it 7 or 8 out of 10.

[/COLOR]
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
HercPower Wrote:This has to be, at this stage in the serise, the most emotional stroy so far. Here we see a scared warrior princess, scared to loss her son. Gab, on the other hand, takes a step to the side lines, not really improtant on the whole to this episode in my view, but we all love Gabs.

I thought so too. I mean in season 1 finale, Xena was like "don't you leave" me" and "wake up". In this episode, I think it was the first time they showed that Xena can get irritated with Gab. I didn't enjoy that too much. In the end, when Xena was going to apologize to Gabrielle I wanted to hear what she had to say. Instead, Gabrielle stopped her and apologized. :mad:

Anyways, I'd give the episode a 7.5/10. It was more of a 'graceful' episode; nothing too smashing like the Callisto episodes.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate Girls Juast Wanna have fun HercPower 3 658 August 1st, 2006, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Zaudeen
  Rate Doomsday HercPower 7 678 July 21st, 2006, 08:35 AM
Last Post: SorboJayne
  Rate Mercenary HercPower 6 617 July 13th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Zagor
  Rate Mummy Dearest HercPower 4 493 July 13th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Zagor
  Orphan of War Rynn Arokh 3 538 June 9th, 2006, 06:26 PM