JK Rowling spoiler for 7th and final HP book
Quote:LONDON (Reuters) - Children's author
J.K. Rowling has revealed that at least two characters will die in the seventh and final installment of her bestselling
Harry Potter series, but was careful not to say who.

Rowling has already said that the final chapter of the seventh book was written long ago.

"The final chapter is hidden away, although it's now changed very slightly," she said in an interview broadcast on Monday on Britain's Channel 4. "One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die."

When asked to be more specific, she added: "No, I'm not going to commit myself, because I don't want the hate mail or anything else."

The rest of the article can be read here http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060626/en_n...er_plot_dc
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. -Rita Rudner
CJ~ Wrote:The rest of the article can be read here http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060626/en_n...er_plot_dc

I watched part of the interview. At the end Richard said about bringing Harry back in a few years time. JK replied (not verbatim) Yes, I could do a book about Harry having a midlife crisis!

Does this mean that Harry will survive?

With love.
Lorne.
Lorne Wrote:I watched part of the interview. At the end Richard said about bringing Harry back in a few years time. JK replied (not verbatim) Yes, I could do a book about Harry having a midlife crisis!

Does this mean that Harry will survive?

With love.
Lorne.

I wish that it meant that, but I suspect it was a quip, since JK has been very cagey about not giving information away.

I really hope Harry doesn't die, it would turn me off from the books and movies.

When I first read the article I thought, well Valedmort and the ratfaced guy, that would be two and wouldn't be any great tragedy. But then I read the part about that they were fighting pure evil so it can't be helped, then I got to worrying that it must be good guys that will die, guys referring to both male and female.
On the news that I watched it said Rowling had hinted Harry was a possible person to die. :confused:
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
I always thought that Harry and Voldemort would die because i suspected that Harry was a Horcrux which is part of why he didnt die when voldemort attacked him. And Harry would have to sacrifice himself or sumtin.
I say never give up cause it aint over 'till it's over.
It's just occured to me that killing Harry would be a good alibi for Rowling to avoid writing sequels, which I doubt she wants.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
There was really very little new in the interview. She has held out the possibility that Harry could die in the 7th book before. Indicating 2 major characters would pass on is new, but I think this interview was blown out of proportion by the news media.
In a way I'm sort of sad that it's going to be the 7th and final book .. but at the same time, I'm glad that she's not overkilling the series :x
Oh I'm sure lots and lots of people will die... this is a war after all... it wouldn't be the same without some major good guys dying... if I were her I'd kill off at least half of them. Big Grin
Part the mists and look beyond... there you will find Avalon.
Pechark Wrote:It's just occured to me that killing Harry would be a good alibi for Rowling to avoid writing sequels, which I doubt she wants.

She doesnt need an alibi to write sequels. there are sven years at hohwarts.
but that doesnt mean that somebody else couldnt pick up where she left off.

although im not sure that it would be the same if somebody else picked up where she left off
actually i don't think i want somebody to continue her work, we're so used to her writing style that if somebody else writes a hp sequel, i would expect something the book won't have it and i'd get angry and blame it on the author, but hey that's just me, if someone does write on i don't think i would be as interested.
i agree 100%
well have to wait and see
I agree 100%

I like her style and i don't think ne body else could duplicate it
thankyou, actually if she taught her children it might be acceptable might but definately not as good
True indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fans are upset at Rowling badlands 1 459 August 3rd, 2020, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Did Hogwarts' elves a better life after the final battle? karise_ravenclaw 3 485 August 3rd, 2020, 05:22 PM
  New (ish) book [No spoilers please] Irene 4 527 October 7th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Irene
  Rowling reveal sad truth badlands 5 618 November 27th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Video: J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe on "Harry Potter" FilmGuy 0 500 January 25th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  J.K. Rowling closes deal for more Potterverse movies FilmGuy 5 805 September 16th, 2013, 11:07 PM
  J.K. Rowling's Pseudonym Sells 500 Books BookBug 5 776 July 30th, 2013, 12:42 AM
  J.K. Rowling launches new Harry Potter Website Michael 5 623 June 26th, 2011, 11:59 PM
  Telegraphs says J.K. Rowling to launch online treasure hunt with Pottermore.com Michael 0 422 June 23rd, 2011, 02:36 AM
  Hellena Bonham Carter says final battle was "crippling" Michael 0 446 May 30th, 2011, 03:45 AM