Lightsaber colors?
Lanturn Wrote:Thofed was right for the most part.
Grenn=Counselor, jedi who trains anthor
Blue= Guardians of the ordor
Yellow= sentinals
Jedi may also use violet or viridian (a silvery green)
Sith stick with the red for their main color, though a duel wielding sith will probably have violet or orange.
Both sides may use silver, though I think its primarly jedi that use it.

where does this information come from. not that im saying it is wrong or bot entirely possible, but i thought we rules that out. it appears as thouh any jedi choses any particular color he likes, regardless of his position, and that when one jedi changes position, wouldnt he have to change his weapon (which we have yet to determine if jedi do or dont)
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
In Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic you will learn what every colour means.
Red is probably sith, yes.
Green - Jedi Consular?
Blue - Jedi Guardian?
Yellow- Jedi sentinel?
Purple??

KOTOR, in Jedi academy, there's a task to learn what every colour means, then must do the test, and AFTER that can select own favourite colour, then master in Jedi Enclave builds it and sends you to kill some creatures with it.
Gwaihir,that info comes from KOTOR and KOTOR 2.
I don't believe there are yellow,orange or silver lightsabers.
I also don't believe the explanation that dictates there are different types of jedi who have to use different colours.
Like I said earlier,this eu is what I choose to ignore.
I'll stick with the Boba Fett escaping sarlaac and clone wars eu.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
During a preview on Entertianment Tonight (tv show) it showed the behind the scenes for Episode I. In this short clip you see Neeson (Ginn) and McGreggor(Kenobi) training for the saber scenes with double bladed sabers. Wanting to make Park's character (maul) more unique he edited his original idea.

Ever consider Windu got his purple saber from combining a red and blue crystal?

................................A light scythe would be cool...............................
Quote:This is how a lightsaber works:
The power travels from the power cells, through a positively charged energe lens at the center of the handle. That beam arcs back to a negatively charged high energy flux aperture. And a superconductor transfers the power back from the flux aperture to the power cell, this way the saber only uses power when its blade cuts through something. Only then it radiates heat too.
The power cells from a lightsaber can last up to 1.000 years

Inside the handle, the power goes from the power cells through an energy gate, into the primary crystal (the biggest). The laserbeam created there is focused in the focusing crystal. Beyond that are the cycling field energizers and the energy modulation circuits, that create the final blade. The end of the handle is a magnetic stabilizing ring.

Lightsabre physics makes me wince. I can't help it. The handle is too small to contain a power pack of any significance, save antimatter. The original conception of the lightsabre was that it is connected to a powerpack on the back. And the energy looping thing arcing back to the handle might make sense if it were a Plasma Blade. But it isn't plasma.

My alternative lightsabre workings: by drawing zero-point energy from quantum fluctuations. A long cylindrical field generated from the handle, causing energy to be drawn from the quantum foam along the length and creating the radiant blade. Part of the energy replenishes the lightsabre power source.

Anyway, I think there are no white lightsabres because white is a composition of all the visible colours. The control mechanism /circuit/ optics to control such broad-spectrum would be horrendously complex. How does one design an achromatic lens withstand white lightsabre light?

http://www.yorku.ca/eye/achromat.htm

R/G/B sabres are most common because pure colours (single wavelength) are simpler to manipulate.
:deadhorse:
"A Iluvatarinya! En na pelecco carinyesse!"
"Oh my God! There's an axe in my head!" :worry:

http://www.yamara.com/axe/#Q1
Coconut Ent,why did you have to say that?
You've just ruined star wars :crazy: :crazy:
*Looks up to the heavens*
"No I didn't mean it!Forgive me George!"
in espide IV you can see the aluminium pole that they use when filming. It is on Obi-Wan's lightsaber. It is in the part where he is dueling with Vader.
Hey Hi, you know the reason of the diferent colors is because of the Jedi Class, normally on the order used to be three kinds of Jedi

Green: Jedi Consular, is chosen by Jedi's with very high force
> powers or who concentrate more on force power, also those who prefer to solve problems using diplomacy instead violent actions
>
> Blue: Jedi Guardians. These lightsaber colors
> are used more by Jedi who concentrate more on power,
> rather than force powers, so they tend to be stronger
> with a Lightsaber and prefer "aggressive negotiations"
>
> Yellow: Jedi Sentinels They combine both, they are weaker
> force users, but better lightsaber users than Green;
> weaker lightsaber users than blue, but stronger force
> users. They only existed like a couple thousand years
> before ANH, and a little time after ROTJ. (Leia has
> a Yellow Lightsaber)
the rest of colors are for customized lightsabers as the one of Mace Windu
but they do not have any meaning
Did you guys see the fan film about Pink Five? She goes to Dagobah and gets a lightsaber and clicks to change the color until it's pink! Hilarious!
the lightsaber colours are supposedly dependant on the affilitation with the force as the jedi tuned the crystal...blue is pure, the jedi has yet to fully be tested against the dark side...green shows the jedi has been tested against the darkside or has knowledge of the darkside....red of course shows a person is devoted to the dark side...yellow could possible be uncertainty, as a jedi gets older he/she must choose a definite path, to stay with the jedi order, go rogue, or go to the dark side. yellow i am uncertain about hehe...purple is "neutral", mace windu carries this colour because he was once sith and was brought to the light by yoda. of course this can be rendered obselete by just the slightest whim of george lucas so take it with a grain of salt...but it is the closest thing to a relevant answer i could come to...
Coconut Ent though your science might be true for us. In the SW universe the same science might not be true. Remember, we are talking about a world where the Force exists so this is a true possibilit the scientific laws we know do not exist in the SW universe.

That said, I think they just pick and chose a color they think is cool.
No one ever expects the goat... :devil:
Havent u played the KOTOR games? The jedi enclave on Dantooine explains the meanings of the blue, green and yellow lightsabers. Cant remember off the top of my head their "titles", but, blue is for Jedi who fight 1st, ask questions later: Green is for Jedi who try to difuse a situation peacefully but are willing to kick *** if peace talks fail: Yellow follow something like NATO's Rules of Engagement. "Only attack when all other options are spent or in self-defense.

Hope i could help u out. :crown:

Peace out!
joepeoples Wrote:the lightsaber colours are supposedly dependant on the affilitation with the force as the jedi tuned the crystal...blue is pure, the jedi has yet to fully be tested against the dark side...green shows the jedi has been tested against the darkside or has knowledge of the darkside....red of course shows a person is devoted to the dark side...yellow could possible be uncertainty, as a jedi gets older he/she must choose a definite path, to stay with the jedi order, go rogue, or go to the dark side. yellow i am uncertain about hehe...purple is "neutral", mace windu carries this colour because he was once sith and was brought to the light by yoda. of course this can be rendered obselete by just the slightest whim of george lucas so take it with a grain of salt...but it is the closest thing to a relevant answer i could come to...

Where did you get your data?
I can imagine quite a bit.
Know-it-all-Jedi Wrote:Havent u played the KOTOR games? The jedi enclave on Dantooine explains the meanings of the blue, green and yellow lightsabers. Cant remember off the top of my head their "titles", but, blue is for Jedi who fight 1st, ask questions later: Green is for Jedi who try to difuse a situation peacefully but are willing to kick *** if peace talks fail: Yellow follow something like NATO's Rules of Engagement. "Only attack when all other options are spent or in self-defense.

Hope i could help u out. :crown:

Peace out!

Yes,but that is all EU. It was made up by the games creators not Lucas. It was just made up for gaming. The same goes for the power of jedi healing the game.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
"You were the chosen one. It was said that you would destroy the Sith not join them. Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness."

"You were my brother Anakin. I loved you."
Obi-Wan-Kenobi Confusedad:
Magda Wrote:This is the problem that really interests but also annoys me. :confused:
Especially when in one book (I think it was Balance point ) it was said that Leia had red saber. :confused: That was strange for me. Have anyone read this book (or anothers) and can tell me if it's truth? (I mean if it's not just a mistake in book) I've read some other books and it was said that Leia had a light saber but in none of them it's colour was described.

I also thought why there are no other colors. Does for example the blue saber of one Jedi has different colur than others Jedi's?

If the colour depends on crystals is it possible to predict during construction what colour the saber will have?
:confused:

Heres some info:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z MISC

Leia Organa-Solo ( 1 ) Padawan (also see Vima-Da-Boda)

Given to her by Vima-Da-Boda as a gift. Destroyed by the Emperor's clone.
Saber Source: Dark Empire

Leia Organa-Solo ( 2 ) Padawan (also see Cloned Emperor Palpatine)

Leia took this saber from the cloned Emperor's practice sabers after Vima's was destroyed. It is presumed Leia destroyed it after she and Luke defeated the Emperor.

Leia Organa-Solo ( 3 ) Padawan

Constructed by her brother Luke Skywalker for her training. Eventually it was replaced by one she built herself and passed it on to other Padawan Jedi for their training.
Saber Source: Heir to the Empire

Leia Organa-Solo ( 4 ) Jedi Knight, Inspiration: Obi-Wan & Luke Skywalker

Leia constructed this lightsaber to complete
"You were the chosen one. It was said that you would destroy the Sith not join them. Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness."

LionHeart10176 Wrote:Heres some info:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z MISC

Leia Organa-Solo ( 1 ) Padawan (also see Vima-Da-Boda)

Given to her by Vima-Da-Boda as a gift. Destroyed by the Emperor's clone.

Leia Organa-Solo ( 2 ) Padawan (also see Cloned Emperor Palpatine)

Leia took this saber from the cloned Emperor's practice sabers after Vima's was destroyed. It is presumed Leia destroyed it after she and Luke defeated the Emperor.

Leia Organa-Solo ( 3 ) Padawan

Constructed by her brother Luke Skywalker for her training. Eventually it was replaced by one she built herself and passed it on to other Padawan Jedi for their training.
Saber Source: Heir to the Empire

Leia Organa-Solo ( 4 ) Jedi Knight, Inspiration: Obi-Wan & Luke Skywalker

Leia constructed this lightsaber to complete

pictures didnt show up

actually if u play star wars kotor 1 youare given a choice of colers for the lightsaber:

blue:jedi Guardian (better with the lightsaber then force)
green:jedi Consulars (better withe the force)
yello:jedi Sentinel (average with both)
red:any (want alot of power some good jedi have them)
otherSadthe weilder likes the coler)

p.s there are about 7-10 coulers including silver and bronze
Master=Green
Knight=blue
in between=purple
sith=red
in star wars 2 the jedi just give obi-wan and anikin two random lightsabers because they needed them!
DON'T MAKE ME KILL YOU WITH MY GREEN LIGHTSABER!
jedi master bob Wrote:Master=Green
Knight=blue
in between=purple
sith=red
in star wars 2 the jedi just give obi-wan and anikin two random lightsabers because they needed them!

Jedi master bob, I've merged your thread with a previous lightsaber color thread so enjoy the previous discussions and please add to it if you wish.
I can imagine quite a bit.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  100+ Star Wars fan stage massive lightsaber battle in the UK! august 1 964 February 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Star Wars lightsaber prop sells for $240,000 RobRoy 0 731 December 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  favorite lightsaber Jar Jar Binks 18 1,947 February 9th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Lightsaber's Outer Skin Saber 2 803 April 20th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Saber
  My lightsaber....need advice..*** ReeTarD2 9 1,270 January 30th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Darth Chloron
  Yodas Lightsaber sith lord 53 4,443 December 23rd, 2005, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Jar Jar Binks
  can people that are not jedi use a lightsaber? darth sideus 13 1,786 October 29th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Pechark
  who would win a lightsaber duel in teams yoda619 12 1,502 September 23rd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Last Post: patomon5
  Favourite Lightsaber Duel Edpayasugo 13 1,523 September 15th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Last Post: patomon5
  Anakins Lightsaber Change. Edpayasugo 9 1,254 August 28th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Ncoded