Why the Prequel trilogy changed the sense of the Original trilogy
http://zhouzhuang.livejournal.com/1090.html
Interesting arguement. It really doesn't change anything to me. Yeah the original trilogy does seem about Luke's journey just because it's Vader's complete story doesn't take that away. Luke is part of Anakin's journey.

Welcome, milivella, to SF-Fandom and the Star Wars forum.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Han Solo Wrote:Interesting arguement.

Han Solo Wrote:Welcome, milivella, to SF-Fandom and the Star Wars forum.

Thank you two times.
Luke lived in a different time and situation to that of the PT. I don't think the story was changed at all that much, though the PT and OT are, in my opinion, different from each other in a more subtle way, that they are of two different styles, I can't argue the argument though because I can't put my finger on the reasons.

Anyway, as Luke was in a different situation to the PT, he could become a Jedi without being an infant at the start of his training. I totally disagree that the PT makes Darth Vader's killing of Palpatine any different. Why should the fact that we know Sith Apprentices kill their masters mean that Vader, who's soul had been changed by that point, want to kill Palpatine as a Sith? He killed Palpatine because he realised the evil Palpatine was.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
Pechark Wrote:Luke lived in a different time and situation to that of the PT.

Right.

Pechark Wrote:the PT and OT are, in my opinion, different from each other in a more subtle way,

Clever observation.

Pechark Wrote:Anyway, as Luke was in a different situation to the PT, he could become a Jedi without being an infant at the start of his training.

It seems to me an a posteriori justification, but I know it's a widely diffused opinion.

Pechark Wrote:Why should the fact that we know Sith Apprentices kill their masters mean that Vader, who's soul had been changed by that point, want to kill Palpatine as a Sith? He killed Palpatine because he realised the evil Palpatine was.

Naturally, mine is only a possibile (I hope interesting in some way) interpretation. And there's room for different interpretations because we can't know for sure what happened in Darth Vader's soul.

My idea is only that the Prequel Trilogy (like Matrix 2&3 in respect to Matrix 1, if it could be possible to do such a similitude here) adds a level beyond the simple opposition good-evil.

However, thank you for the reply.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Polygon Pieces Together How Lucas Would Have Done the Final Trilogy Michael 0 723 December 11th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Peter Mayhew, original Chewbacca, has died Michael 0 468 May 2nd, 2019, 08:27 PM
  Rian Johnson to Make Another Star Wars Trilogy FilmGuy 4 902 November 14th, 2017, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Disney rerelease Star Wars trilogy badlands 2 608 October 4th, 2015, 04:47 PM
  48 Hour Star Wars Trilogy Marathon May 2nd-4th Punny 1 644 May 4th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Tweaks made to the classic trilogy - Lucas at it again! Han Solo 13 1,684 September 12th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Nightspore
  Anyone get the individual rerelease of the original trilogy dvds? Han Solo 5 738 September 20th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Original Trilogy on dvd... Han Solo 22 1,681 May 17th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  If Leia could sense, why couldn't Luke? Pechark 10 892 April 6th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Favourite trilogy. smelly yoda 15 1,284 January 14th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Last Post: erockluke