What's your opinion of the Chinese girl in HP4 movie?
I think she is handsome and has easten spirit,and you?
________thank you!

[Image: 1123467542_JgaiVw.jpg]
[Image: 2750863.jpg]
[Image: 2750868.jpg]
嘿嘿
Hello .
:warrior:
Nothing like I imagined her, AT ALL.
Se onr sverdar sitja hvass!
it was wierd seeing her with a scottish accent
She is beautiful and a fine actress. I'd say it was a good casting choice.
And judging by your screen name you're from the East yourself? :poke: Certainly I'm not sure I ever imagined Cho with a scottish accent, but I don't actually see the problem with it. Although perhaps the movies go a little over on scots.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
I thought Katie Leung looked the part but the Scottish accent set me back a little, too. Now that I've watched the movie a few more times, I'm used to it. I hope they bring her back for the next movie.
Pechark Wrote:And judging by your screen name you're from the East yourself? :poke: Certainly I'm not sure I ever imagined Cho with a scottish accent, but I don't actually see the problem with it. Although perhaps the movies go a little over on scots.

Yes,I come from Easten.I think you have a lot knowledge of Easten or you konw whereIfrom .

And why are you all surprise with Katie has the Scottish accent ?:help:
Hello .
Because I've been associating with Chinese and Vietnamese people here in America for several years, I have become used to hearing their various "clipped" Americanized accents. Suddenly seeing an Asian girl who grew up in the United Kingdom and sounds like she grew up there was very jarring for me.

I don't know if that is the case for other people, but that is why I was so taken aback at first.
Tengteng Wrote:And why are you all surprise with Katie has the Scottish accent ?:help:
Go to China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, or any of the eastern countries, and tell me when you see a native with a fluent scottish accent. Then I'll tell you why it took me aback.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
Oh,I see. I'll be surprised too.
But not every foreigners doesn't have fluent accent like us too.
In our country , a Canadian who worked as a compere in our national TV station has very fluent accent even better than other comperes~
I admire him a lot !
By the way,do you understand my words ? I mean do I have some errors of grammar?
Hello .
No offence, but it is kind of easy to tell that English isn't your first language, though it's good enough for me to know what you're saying.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
I think she is beautiful, really class. The Scottish accent didn't phase me at all. It is perfectly normal for people of different ethnicities to speak in accents other than what we have decided they should speak in!
hehe...(laugh)
In fact I have not been understanding some words you say by now.
My English is very poor.
For example:
Rachel Wrote:I think she is beautiful, really class.
What's the meaning of "class"? I cound't find its meaning which accord this sentence in my electronic dictionary.Cry
Hello .
Tengteng.

"Class" is usually used to indicate "high quality", "top of the line", "very good". She is quite beautiful and she carried her part in the movie well. For the few lines they gave her, she showed she can act.

"very class" seems an apropriate compliment to me.
oh,I see.
English is very difficult
(puzzled)
Hello .
Well I'm sure we'd all have a lot of difficulty with Chinese :poke:
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
English is a very strange language. Unlike other Germanic languages, English has simplified its verb and pronoun structures, but it has adopted many words and expressions from other languages far more than other Germanic languages.

So we have ten different ways to say the same thing, but none of them really means anything specific. Almost all of our common nouns and verbs have been reused in metaphors and idiomatic expressions (short aphorisms or turns of phrase) so much that they have numerous different meanings.

English is just not a precise language, despite the U.S. Army's awful attempts to make it so.
The Scottish accent was awesome .. the only other Asian kid I met with an accent was a Korean girl who had a British accent.
Tengteng Wrote:I think she is handsome and has easten spirit,and you?
________thank you!

[Image: 1123467542_JgaiVw.jpg]
[Image: 2750863.jpg]
[Image: 2750868.jpg]
嘿嘿

yeh she was good, not like i imagined her, and not with a scottish accent (CMON U SCOTTISH) but she was gr8
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
i'm guessing she has an accent because she went to oxford.
or was it cambridge?
i can't remember which.

by the way teng teng your english is pretty good
i'm having alot of trouble with my chinese characters myself
it's frustrating that you have to memorize all those characters one by one

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newt Scamander to Star in His Own Movie FilmGuy 2 544 May 25th, 2014, 02:07 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Full Movie Online Free News From Yahoo! 0 902 December 19th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Last Post: News From Yahoo!
  Fleur Delacoeur actress Celemence Posey joins "Gossip Girl" Michael 0 535 June 21st, 2010, 07:40 PM
  Video: Official Teaser Trailer for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt 1" MOVIE Michael 0 408 June 4th, 2010, 06:48 PM
  The next Movie Irene 5 515 May 27th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Young Grindelwald to appear in only one HP movie Michael 0 613 September 12th, 2009, 08:52 PM
  TV Producers pick 10-year-old girl to do report from "Harry Potter" set Michael 0 567 May 29th, 2009, 04:15 AM
  MTV posts spoiler for "Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince" movie Michael 0 687 February 19th, 2009, 03:28 AM
  When is the next movie? Irene 7 989 August 16th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Last Post: august
  Question concerning movie 4 MalusDarkblade_ 64 2,795 July 12th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Last Post: GamgeeFest