JK Rowling voted greatest living British writer
LONDON (Reuters) - JK Rowling was voted the greatest living British writer in a survey published Thursday.

The Harry Potter creator whose stories of the young wizard have sold over 300 million copies worldwide received nearly three times as many votes as Discworld author Terry Pratchett in second place.

Read the rest here.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
That's quite an honor. Well deserved in my opinion! Go Rowling!
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
Well Done Rowling!:clap:

But it's times like these that make me wonder whether the hype around Harry Potter is a little over the top. It sometimes seems to me that Harry Potter is like any children's book, it's just that it has, for some reason, had a better success rate.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
Harry Potter is like any other childrens book? Personally i'll have to disagree there. If you know any books like them i'd love to hear it because i'd be first in line to buy em!
Yeah, I think that I'd agree if it was "Most popular," but "greatest" is a bit of a laugh. Just because someone's books sell like hotcakes doesn't mean that the work is particularly important.

I don't think that Harry Potter has much in the way of social import in the grand scheme of modern British history. 'Course I'm sure there's plenty of folks that would disagree with that...

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fans are upset at Rowling badlands 1 459 August 3rd, 2020, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Rowling reveal sad truth badlands 5 618 November 27th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Video: J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe on "Harry Potter" FilmGuy 0 500 January 25th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  J.K. Rowling closes deal for more Potterverse movies FilmGuy 5 805 September 16th, 2013, 11:07 PM
  J.K. Rowling's Pseudonym Sells 500 Books BookBug 5 776 July 30th, 2013, 12:42 AM
  J.K. Rowling launches new Harry Potter Website Michael 5 623 June 26th, 2011, 11:59 PM
  Telegraphs says J.K. Rowling to launch online treasure hunt with Pottermore.com Michael 0 422 June 23rd, 2011, 02:36 AM
  Emma Watson voted as Britain's "Best Dressed" Michael 1 400 September 30th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Last Post: EDSEL_PK
  Video: J.K. Rowling and cast tour Harry Potter wizarding world Michael 0 485 June 21st, 2010, 07:42 PM
  J.K. Rowling changes mind: More Potter stories may lie ahead Michael 3 734 April 13th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Last Post: RobRoy