Ground battles in Star Wars
Did the ground battles in Star Wars make sense to you? In Episode 2 the Clone Army attacked en masse over open terrain. I think they should have been massacred, if there had been even the most rudimentary fortifications.

You don't even need machine guns: in 1877 Turks armed with rifles inflicted huge casualties on attacking Russians at the Battle of Plevna when they charged Turkish trenches en masse on open ground.

The Gungan Battle in Episode 1 was better: the Gungans assembled on open ground, but they were protected by a shield. The battle droids had to close in to do battle.

It's funny to think of, that Gungans have a better grasp of tactics than the Clone Army.
:deadhorse:
"A Iluvatarinya! En na pelecco carinyesse!"
"Oh my God! There's an axe in my head!" :worry:

http://www.yamara.com/axe/#Q1
The Clone Army did have air cover while it appeared that the Separatists did not have any air forces to counter, everything was on the ground for them and plus they were retreating but I do like your points in Ep. I that the gungans did have a shield and forced fighting to point blank range but neither had air forces.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Quote:Originally posted by Coconut Ent
Did the ground battles in Star Wars make sense to you? In Episode 2 the Clone Army attacked en masse over open terrain. I think they should have been massacred, if there had been even the most rudimentary fortifications.

They probably were massacred in large numbers,but that was what they were created for...

...not that I think it was ethical to use them as cannon fodder. :anxious:

Now why didn't the Trade Federation have any flying troops of droids? And why did the Genosha flying troops disappear without fighting?
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars amusement park badlands 2 156 April 13th, 2022, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Disney Star Wars/ Kiss rock band Halyx badlands 1 223 January 13th, 2022, 03:59 PM
  Star Wars cruiser badlands 1 237 December 29th, 2021, 03:25 PM
  'Star Wars' Not Opened From Steam! MagnusMoore 1 356 September 3rd, 2021, 02:01 PM
  Video: Fans remember seeing 'Star Wars' in 1977 Michael 3 510 August 29th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Last Post: rkomar
  Star Wars Books namesarehard 2 559 November 14th, 2020, 01:44 AM
  Star Wars video / computer games badlands 1 682 July 18th, 2020, 08:52 PM
  Video: Star Wars Like You Have Never Seen It Before Michael 0 517 July 9th, 2020, 08:55 PM
  Video: Happy Life Day, Star Wars Fans! Michael 0 716 December 26th, 2019, 02:00 AM
  Video: Trailer for "Star Wars 9" (Rey fights Kilo Ren) Michael 1 602 December 9th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Irene