Weapon Forging
Darth Sidious apparently makes the weapons for his apprentices. Why? What passages in the books are there to explain this, or can anyone tell me why he makes their weapons? Why did he make Vader a single bladed saber, and Maul a double bladed saber?
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
Saber Wrote:Darth Sidious apparently makes the weapons for his apprentices. Why? What passages in the books are there to explain this, or can anyone tell me why he makes their weapons? Why did he make Vader a single bladed saber, and Maul a double bladed saber?

Why do you believe that Sidious made the lightsabers and not the Sith themselves? Is this an EU citation?

Without having delved much past the movies, each weapon seemed suited to the particular Sith's style of fighting, and thus I would say that they each made their own. I can't see why Dooku or Vader wouldn't have made their own sabers.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I dont think I've ever read anything about Sidious constructing his apprentices lightsabers.I would think an apprentice building their own saber would be an important part of their training. In fact, in the Star Wars Episode 1 and 2 visual dictionaries, I believe it says Maul and Dooku constructed their own sabers.
Dooku's was the same lightsaber from his Jedi days, except he replaced the previous crystal with a red one.

Matt
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
Yeh I think Maul and Dooku made there own, but Vader's first was from Sidious but he made his second himself.
Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
Ok that explains much to me. I thought a long time ago that I might have read something about that, and someone that I know told me that Sidious did construct the sabers, but I could really never see why he would. I'd believe all of you before them anyways, since you are all strong with the force :leech:
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:

MYCode Guide