Jedi Code?
Does anybody here know if there is anything in the Jedi Code that precludes love and/ormarriage? I have read some pretty confusing things about it, lately. :question:
"What song the Sirens sang, or what name Achilles assumed when he hid himself among women, though puzzling questions are not beyond conjecture." - Sir Thomas Browne, Religio Medici
The actual Jedi Code is as follows:
"There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is only the Force."

But as for the rules and Dogma of the Jedi, Jedi are forbidden to have romantic relationships with others.
But it seems in the New Republic era, The Jedi have either no knowledge of certain aspects of the code (if any) or they have chosen to overturn this rule as Jedi, including Luke, are invovled in relationships.

Matt
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
According to Lucas, the movies are canon, and so we have to take them at face value. The EU of books can be taken as canon until Lucas decides otherwise, which is fair. So, as far as the original Jedi go, no romantic relationships. Those lead to thoughts of possession and loss, which can start a Jedi down the Dark Side.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I think that the new Jedi have decided how ridiculous that could be. Look at Luke and Mara Jade, not to speak of Han and Leia, and Leia had twins, yet!
"What song the Sirens sang, or what name Achilles assumed when he hid himself among women, though puzzling questions are not beyond conjecture." - Sir Thomas Browne, Religio Medici
Attalus Wrote:I think that the new Jedi have decided how ridiculous that could be. Look at Luke and Mara Jade, not to speak of Han and Leia, and Leia had twins, yet!

Well part of the reason there was Palpatine destroyed all records of the Jedi so Luke and his crew started new without the remenants of the past.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Hearing the 'Jedi Code' just makes me think of some sort of Star Warsy Da Vinci Code:crazy:
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
Pechark Wrote:Hearing the 'Jedi Code' just makes me think of some sort of Star Warsy Da Vinci Code:crazy:

Starring Tom Hanks!!
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
Han Solo Wrote:Well part of the reason there was Palpatine destroyed all records of the Jedi so Luke and his crew started new without the remenants of the past.
Yeah, but an organization that had been around for centuries surely left some outside records. Of course, old Palpatine was known for his thoroughness... But, still, Obi-wanand Yoda were around for a while. Surely they would have mentioned it to Luke. :up:
Attalus Wrote:Yeah, but an organization that had been around for centuries surely left some outside records. Of course, old Palpatine was known for his thoroughness... But, still, Obi-wanand Yoda were around for a while. Surely they would have mentioned it to Luke. :up:

Possibly, but I would think that with what little time they had with him, they would be more concerned with training Luke in harnessing and using the force, rather than with the rules and doctrines of the order.

Matt
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
I have always thought that Luke was at least partially aware of Jedi rules, it's just that he chose to go against them. He was after all, the now leader of the Jedi, and he could mould the new order as he wished.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
Attalus Wrote:I think that the new Jedi have decided how ridiculous that could be. Look at Luke and Mara Jade, not to speak of Han and Leia, and Leia had twins, yet!

Erm... sorry but, since when Leia is a Jedi?
'I'm not the Jedi I should be. I want more, and I know I shouldn't.'
zoe27 Wrote:Erm... sorry but, since when Leia is a Jedi?

Leia was trained to use the force. She is, afterall, the offspring of Anakin. I think that back in the days of the OT that people never really realized that Leia could possibly harness the force if she was taught. Well, I think that people might have guessed that Leia could harness the force in the fight between Luke and Vader in EP VI. Luke wouldn't turn, and Vader told him that if he wouldn't turn to the darkside, then perhaps Leia would.
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
zoe27 Wrote:Erm... sorry but, since when Leia is a Jedi?
In Tim Zahn's Thrawn books, Leia is training to be a Jedi. While pregnant with twins, married to Han, active in the Council of the New Republic, and an ambassador on occasion. Talk about a busy girl...

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael's Review of "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" (No spoilers) Michael 7 718 December 29th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Last Post: mrt77
  Are you ready for The Last Jedi? badlands 1 352 December 15th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Michael
  IMAX Releases Poster for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 411 November 15th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Video: Galactic Premier trailer for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 325 November 14th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Jedi and Bene Gesserit Coconut Ent 5 2,424 November 20th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Coconut Ent
  Jedi Song comicfan 2 893 September 9th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Celibacy of the Jedi Coconut Ent 18 3,669 August 25th, 2009, 10:58 PM
  Episode 13 - "Jedi Crash" thoughts/reviews Han Solo 4 1,096 January 21st, 2009, 06:50 PM
  Sith or Jedi? MasteroftheDarkSide 10 1,882 November 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM
  Did Yoda and Obi-Wan abandon the remaining Jedi? Han Solo 9 2,281 March 28th, 2007, 10:14 PM