Pink Taco Restaurant Name Causes Stir
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - The name of a new restaurant in Scottsdale is stirring up some trouble. The Las Vegas-based Pink Taco Mexican Restaurant is scheduled to open its second location in downtown Scottsdale in June.

Nearly half a dozen people in the upscale city recently expressed their objection to the name, claiming it's a derogatory slang term for a portion of the female anatomy.

Read the rest here.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
*Chuckle*

It's another case of "linguistic collision"! Very likely the Las Vegans didn't know that "Pink Taco" was an Arizona slang! (Heck, I didn't know that either)

But this is rather unique, in that the "linguistic collision" happened in a different region of the same country. Normally we get that sort of thing in two different countries (eg. Ford trying to sell "No Va" (it doesn't go) cars in South America)

The Cunning Linguist has struck in Arizona!!! Wink
:deadhorse:
"A Iluvatarinya! En na pelecco carinyesse!"
"Oh my God! There's an axe in my head!" :worry:

http://www.yamara.com/axe/#Q1
Lol, I had to read that twice to get that. Oh well... So they didn't know, but now they do. So are they going to change it?
The Universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. ~Eden Phillpotts~
In Britain the word "Pink" is getting more and more associated with homosexuality. Pink pound, Pink power.

When I first read it, I thought it was something to do with a restaurant targeted at the homosexual diner!

Go figure we all speak English....Yeah right!

With love.
Lorne.
Oh, I don't know. I have a tough time believing that they didn't know the link was there. I know the slang, and I'm not even from the region. I equated it with the resturaunt chain Hooters, which also claims that the link is to owls rather than female anatomy.

If you buy that, I have a bridge, overlooking some beechfront property, and some lovely cemetary plots that sit right over a vein of gold in Nigeria for sale.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Hee hee hee!

Eatin' at the Pink Taco.

Hee hee hee!

Oh man, that's awesome!
Wrestling Darwin on a daily basis.

"Question boldly even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, He must more approve of the homage of reason than that of a blindfolded fear." -Thomas Jefferson
Mike of Quantum Muse Wrote:Hee hee hee!

Eatin' at the Pink Taco.

Hee hee hee!

Oh man, that's awesome!

Apparently, you can order a Spicy Pink Taco to Go, and eat it while you're driving! :leech:

RobRoy Wrote:Apparently, you can order a Spicy Pink Taco to Go, and eat it while you're driving! :leech:

No....Sorry guys.....It just aint working for me....Still seeing "Gay" here!

With love.
Lorne.
Lol, that is funny... eat it while your driving... Okay, I am glad that we all can see the humor in it all. Next thing we know, the ACLU will get involved saying something like... It's degrading female anatomy. (They are a ridiculious union of people.)

I can see where you are coming from though Lorne with the "gay" thing. I hate pink on a guy. SOme people will say that the reason that they wear it, is because "I am making a statement." Oh really? And what's that statement??? I am gay?

Pink and guys just don't go together... well, you know what I mean. Smile
The Universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. ~Eden Phillpotts~
Lorne Wrote:No....Sorry guys.....It just aint working for me....Still seeing "Gay" here!

With love.
Lorne.

No, that's cool.

Just kick any pink tacos my way. I'll take care of 'em for you. Wouldn't want you to feel gay.

Just here to help.
Wrestling Darwin on a daily basis.

"Question boldly even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, He must more approve of the homage of reason than that of a blindfolded fear." -Thomas Jefferson
RobRoy Wrote:Oh, I don't know. I have a tough time believing that they didn't know the link was there. I know the slang, and I'm not even from the region. I equated it with the resturaunt chain Hooters, which also claims that the link is to owls rather than female anatomy.

[Looking innocent] Which part of the anatomy is that? Which part of the female anatomy emits a hooting noise?

Quote:If you buy that, I have a bridge, overlooking some beechfront property, and some lovely cemetary plots that sit right over a vein of gold in Nigeria for sale.

I'm sure the beech-trees of Nigeria are very nice.... Wink
:deadhorse:
"A Iluvatarinya! En na pelecco carinyesse!"
"Oh my God! There's an axe in my head!" :worry:

http://www.yamara.com/axe/#Q1
Persiffany Wrote:Lol, that is funny... eat it while your driving... Okay, I am glad that we all can see the humor in it all. Next thing we know, the ACLU will get involved saying something like... It's degrading female anatomy. (They are a ridiculious union of people.)

The ACLU wouldn't get involved on that side. If anything, they would side with the restuarant's right to free speech or free assembly or some other such.

Quote:I can see where you are coming from though Lorne with the "gay" thing. I hate pink on a guy. SOme people will say that the reason that they wear it, is because "I am making a statement." Oh really? And what's that statement??? I am gay?

Pink and guys just don't go together... well, you know what I mean. Smile

Guess it depends on the guy. Mike actually looks faaaabb-ulous in pink.

At least that's what I hear! :help:

Mike of Quantum Muse Wrote:No, that's cool.

Just kick any pink tacos my way. I'll take care of 'em for you. Wouldn't want you to feel gay.

Just here to help.

You a big eater Mike?

With love.
Lorne.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd, dies RobRoy 3 478 July 12th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Boomstick