Study: Lesbians' Brains React Differently
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Idea My goodness...what a surprise... :wink: :laugh:
Yeah, I noted those key absolutist words like "may" and the huge numbers of research subjects - 36. I think this conclusively proves that a hint in a minor study can be blown out of proportion. As in this proves that in the 1% population of American women who are lesbian, say about 2.2 million there is a biological basis. Or, does it mean that somebody should have a whole lot of people do a sniff test under double-blinded, randomized clinical trials before acting like this means anything? Note the wonderful tag line that this means that one should be open to the possibility that there may be some biological basis. Bet I see this as proof of biological basis at Entmoot within 24 hours, Lirio! :question:
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
Well, we already know that they play accoustic guitar better than straight women.

Gotta be some science behind that.
Wrestling Darwin on a daily basis.

"Question boldly even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, He must more approve of the homage of reason than that of a blindfolded fear." -Thomas Jefferson
Whatever the results say, alas, we still do not get to watch. Wink

Mike, have you ever been slapped by such women?
:deadhorse:
"A Iluvatarinya! En na pelecco carinyesse!"
"Oh my God! There's an axe in my head!" :worry:

http://www.yamara.com/axe/#Q1
MoQM, LOL!!!! and even their sweat smells clean as the most famous lyric!

CE, naughty! naughty!
inked
CSL/LWW
Coconut Ent Wrote:Whatever the results say, alas, we still do not get to watch. Wink

Mike, have you ever been slapped by such women?

Oh...I bet he has......frequently.

With love.
Lorne.
AP reports 'gay brain' study incorrectly

May 10, 2006

By Robert Knight
WorldNetDaily.com

A new and widely reported Swedish study that suggests that lesbians respond differently from heterosexual women when exposed to sex hormones has been seriously misinterpreted, one of the researchers says.

The Associated Press story noted that a similar study was done last year on men, and that with the new female study, "the findings add weight to the idea that homosexuality has a physical basis and is not learned behavior."

In response to an e-mail inquiry from Grove City College Professor of Psychology Dr. Warren Throckmortion, researcher Dr. Ivanka Savic of the Stockholm Brain Institute said of the AP interpretation of her work, "This is incorrect and not stated in the paper."

The study was published in the May 9, 2006, edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, although the link to the piece was not available at the academy's website as of yesterday.

[content edited - RR]

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/articl...E_ID=50136

Golly gee whillikers, Mister! I was right about misinterpretation weren't I?
:jawdrop:

Admin Note: When posting news stories, SF-FANDOM policy requests that you only post the first 25% or 4 paragraphs, whichever is shorter, and then provide a link to the rest of the story. Thanks! - RR
inked
CSL/LWW

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Covid-19 study: Children more likely to spread virus than adults Michael 2 449 September 11th, 2020, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Michael
  University of Saskatchewan geoscientist to study oilsands Michael 0 766 February 13th, 2012, 12:44 AM
  German study concludes household robots may be deadly Michael 6 940 May 23rd, 2010, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  Dementia will become epidemic, study warns RobRoy 10 1,205 January 14th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Last Post: august
  New study alleges teen pregnancy tied to television Michael 52 2,666 January 1st, 2009, 11:09 AM
Last Post: inked
  Celebrity Health case study: Nicole Kidman Michael 0 1,102 September 16th, 2007, 04:00 PM
  U.S. loses top spot in global tech study RobRoy 0 337 March 28th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Women talk three times as much as men, says study Coconut Ent 0 481 November 29th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Coconut Ent
  Study Shows Americans Sicker Than English RobRoy 6 569 May 11th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Lorne
  Study abroad DeamondBleed 0 472 May 7th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Last Post: DeamondBleed