New movie and spinoff?
That would be really sweet if they did but the question i would have is where the new cast would be? Like their position in the universe? It would be cool if our galaxy took the fight to the ori's universe and staged it there. Ideas?
We'd get owned if we entered the Ori galaxy. They don't have the moral prime directive to not interfere with lesser beings so without worrying about Ancient interference they could go nuts with their freaky powers and destroy anybody. I think it'd most likely be the original Stargate Command idea where it's still the SGC but SG-1 as we know it is gone. Or who knows maybe they'll check out another galaxy the Ancients populated.

Actually the idea of BS Caprica being thrown around got me thinking of a prequel spinoff for Stargate. Maybe the Ancients when they first came to the MW/Peg galaxies?
I would love for there to be a Stargate: SG-1 film, but not if it's sole basis would be to set up for another spin-off.
a movie would be nice but; only if it is done like a movie, not just a regulair eppy with better speciaql effects. That is why I don't buy books set in a tv universe. they never have anything new, in fact , they can't. They have to follow what has happened on Tv before and can't do much because because the writers don't know what is going to happen down the line on tv. therefore, nothing important can happen to a character that is on tv.
A movie cannot have Sam marry, daniel die, Ben win the lottery, etc. anything permanent will happen only to the new characters or the minor players
*shrug* they've talked about movies before but nothing ever came of it - the ideas just became two-parters, spin-off series, etc.

this would actually have to be a good script to be a movie. like masterblaster said - not just some glorified extended episode.

And it would have to appeal to the masses. People who don't have 10 seasons worth of SG-1 knowledge and 3 seasons of Atlantis. Something to draw them in to Stargate and get them to watch a possible second spin-off.

Masterblaster - I see your point with a lot of book series on tv series - but not about movies. Sure permanent and important stuff could happen in movies. There is no reason why not. Sure Same could get married, etc etc
Tongue
HOBBIT Wrote:*shrug* they've talked about movies before but nothing ever came of it - the ideas just became two-parters, spin-off series, etc.

this would actually have to be a good script to be a movie. like masterblaster said - not just some glorified extended episode.

And it would have to appeal to the masses. People who don't have 10 seasons worth of SG-1 knowledge and 3 seasons of Atlantis. Something to draw them in to Stargate and get them to watch a possible second spin-off.

Masterblaster - I see your point with a lot of book series on tv series - but not about movies. Sure permanent and important stuff could happen in movies. There is no reason why not. Sure Same could get married, etc etc
I sort of agree on the movie thing. If the original SG-1 is going off the air and they use a theatrical film to launch a new spinoff; big changes in the original would be possible. More "adult' features would be possible. I'am probably wrong but didn't the actress who played Daniel's wife have a nude scene where she was "impregnated" with a Go-ould and I remember Sam being rather scantily clad in a somewhat similar scene.
In a big modern movie, anything is possible: Sam could be revealed as working a night job as a pole dancer: Daniel and Te-ealk could reveal that they are gay and move in together: Jack could plead guilty to insider stock trading and go the a super-max. LOL LOL Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of screen writers? :jawdrop: :lol: :party:
Daniel's wife Shau're did a brief nude scene (i think it was just topless) in the pilot episode of SG-1 which aired on Showtime ("Children of the Gods"). The ONLY Sg-1 episode to have a rating, I believe. None others ever had nudity. I don't hear them cursing either.

I don't remember any nudity in the Stargate movie.
Tongue
Brad Wright, Co-Exec Producer of Stargate SG-1 has also spoken on the possibility of a new TV spin-off and feature film from the Stargate SG-1 Franchise.

Quote:"What we've built is now bigger than all of us," Wright said. "Even if I were
to not do the movie, I know somebody is going to do a Stargate movie. It's
the second largest franchise for MGM next to Bond. So it's got significant brand
potential, and by two series doing as well as they are and a game coming out,
that could really, really, really brand the show in a big way. That's what
they like in this business: a larger franchise with so many legs to it that it
could go into the future for years to come."

Read full article here at Scifi Wire
Well if someone does do a Stargate movie, I'd hope it was SG-1 alone first. I'd love to see them all on the big screen ^^.
I'd love to see a Stargate movie, but I think it'd have to be RDA's O'Neill, not Kurt Russell's. And as much as I like James Spader, the tv characters have just taken over the movie characters in my mind.
If MGM are going to be making a movie, it would most probably follow the SG-1 franschise so I doubt they'd revert to the Stargate Movie version of the charcaters or any similarities to the movie. It'll be interesting to see what comes of the rumours, after we were greatly let down by the halt of the Computer Game (PC/PS2/X-Box)which was in production, I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.
I hope that you are right about the movie following the TV rather than the original movie. Kurt russel's character was not nearly as good as RDA's, much darker and more moross.
The series of books did in the movie world were much better in my opinion, much more realistic.
The article about the possible new movie quoted one of the producers as saying that the game was still on. So is it dead for good? I figured it would be. What a waste. It's right up there with the Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury on the list of never released video games that I was looking forward to playing so much.
Boomstick Wrote:The article about the possible new movie quoted one of the producers as saying that the game was still on. So is it dead for good? I figured it would be. What a waste. It's right up there with the Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury on the list of never released video games that I was looking forward to playing so much.

They shelved the PC/X-Box/PS2 game after MGM pulled the funding, although MGM never officially announced the halt, but rather the production company, citing that MGM were not happy with the results they were getting. Instead a Online MMORPG named Stargate Worlds is being developed, it shouldn't be long before people are able to play it. Personally I was much more excited about a possible PC game, which fans have been waiting around for, for a few years now. I'm not much of a gamer so its doubtful I'll give the online rpg much of a look.
I agree that the movie needs to have mass appeal and not just be a "glorified episode." People need to be able to go see the movie without EVER having seen the TV show. Somewhat like Serenity was. I saw Serenity before I had ever heard of Firefly, yet the whole thing still made perfect sense to me. I know so many people who adored the original Stargate movie, but just didn't like the TV show. The new movie needs to be watchable by both those who loved SG-1 and those who never liked SG-1.

As for the new spinoff, we know that SG-1 was not what was first imagined by Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich as the spinoff series, so why don't we go back and basically disregard the events of SG-1, and do the TV show that was first proposed as the spinoff of the movie. It would be interesting to both SG-1 fans, and those who were only fans of the movie.
i think another movie will be great, the first one was excellent i remember going to watch it for the 1st time. i have it on dvd to go with the rest of my collection.

I think it will only attract more fans to the show!

Jason
GateWorld.net
Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because the people who mind dont matter, and the people who matter dont mind. Smile
adorablecows227 Wrote:As for the new spinoff, we know that SG-1 was not what was first imagined by Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich as the spinoff series, so why don't we go back and basically disregard the events of SG-1, and do the TV show that was first proposed as the spinoff of the movie. It would be interesting to both SG-1 fans, and those who were only fans of the movie.

I would hope they'd never do that. IMHO, disregarding the events of SG-1 would be an insult to everyone that loves the show.

In regards to the game, I hope a PC/etc version would eventually still be done.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: Stargate Revolutions plot (3rd SG-1 movie) Michael 0 194 July 5th, 2021, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Would the game BioShock be a good movie or science fiction TV show? badlands 3 730 September 17th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Logan's run the T.V series and the movie badlands 8 675 May 29th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Last Post: august
  Donner-reed movie badlands 5 1,439 February 18th, 2017, 07:21 PM
  A sci-fi TV movie about a killer storm like Matthew badlands 6 514 October 10th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Should this old cartoon show be made into a live action movie or T.v series? badlands 2 590 February 28th, 2016, 12:50 PM
  Why wasn't this made into a science fiction movie? badlands 1 417 November 28th, 2015, 07:00 PM
  Cartoon Network Adventure Time movie and the return of Ducktales badlands 2 524 March 10th, 2015, 01:51 PM
  Troll hunter the movie badlands 1 403 April 19th, 2014, 11:53 PM
  Science fiction and fantasy movie on Science fiction channel badlands 2 453 February 26th, 2014, 07:57 PM