Your Favourite POTC moment
Hello, this is my first thread and my first post! What is your favourite moment from Pirates of the Caribbean? Mine is when Jach and Elizabeth are drunk on the beach and singing and dancing, and Jack tries to hit on Elizabeth, but just ends up passing out!
:lips: I Love Pirates :lips:

:wink: And really bad eggs. Drink up me hearties, yo ho!:wink:
I like when the one guy goes :"He is no doubt the worst pirate i've ever seen"

Then a few minutes later after something happens (i think cpt. sparrow escapes) another guy says: "He is the best pirate i've ever seen"

Pretty funny. :leech:

Oh also by the way welcome to sf-fandom.
Don't do nothing.
My favorite .. Where Barbossa's sword stabs Jack.. but Jack isnt dead. The look on Barbossa's face is priceless to say nothing of the look of relief on Jacks face too.
Cheers, :hello:
missferal

- Be nice to people on your way up
because you might meet 'em
on your way down -

>***********************<

Official International Kevin Sorbo Fan Club
http://www.ozfans.com

>***********************<
Captiang Wrote:I like when the one guy goes :"He is no doubt the worst pirate i've ever seen"

Then a few minutes later after something happens (i think cpt. sparrow escapes) another guy says: "He is the best pirate i've ever seen"

Jack turned the Interceptor around and it crashed into the the little boat! And thank you!
:lips: I Love Pirates :lips:

:wink: And really bad eggs. Drink up me hearties, yo ho!:wink:
My favorite scene or scenes if you will is when Jack and Wil arrive in that town there and the bar maid comes up to Jack and he's all like happy to see her and she slaps him.."not sure I deserved that"...then another one comes up and slaps him..."not sure I deserved that one either"...
Then later, that female pirate, who's boat he stole, slaps him as well and Wil says "I bet you didn't deserve that one either", "no, that one I deserved" replied Jack...
Those scenes get me every time....
lol i like the bit in the film ( near the start ) where jack and will are fightin and when jack throws sand in wills face and then puts a gin in his face will says
" you cheeted "
and then jack says and waves his gun at will and says " PIRATE "
lol its calssic i love it so much iccle emo wanna be a pirate ! :alien:
Hmmmmm been that long since I watched it (i went to watch it yesterday only to find my DVD has went on a walkabout :angry: )

I do love the scene where Jacks imprisoned and he yells in upmost disdain

'Stop blowing holes in my ship!'

I also like it when Jacks on the jetty after perusing his new 'crew' and starts talking and is staring up into the sky like its giving him some ideas and he's carrying round that banana, then Will and Mr Gibbs look up at the sky when he walks away wondering what on earth that was all about.

Oh and when Grapple is fighting Will in the town and says 'Say goodbye' before getting hit full on by a shop sign and getting thrown full force through the window before Will looks on a moment and indeed says 'Goodbye'
I have so many favorite parts in potc that I can't choose just one lol. but if I had to choose i would have to say the scene where Jack is coming to commondare a ship and on his way the boat he stole is sinking and is on top of the boat as he sails to the doc. then the two guys say this is off limits to civilians and Jack replies if I see one i shall inform you immediately...........that gets me everytime
I can't choose only one,but one of my favorites are when Jack get slaps,when he and Elisabeth get drunk on the beach, and on end,when Jack tells Elisabeth: Elisabeth,it would never work between us darling..I'm sorry... :lol: And that face... :lol:

(I'm sorry,my English is not very good :winkSmile
johnny is cutest in that part when he talks with barbossa on black pearl
and then he offers apple
he is so sexy thereBig Grin
How can you imagine only ONE favourite moment in a such nice movie? Well, personnally I can't, that's why I've got a few ones to answer your question...

1. When Jack arrives on a sinking boat at Port Royal... Well, we can't really call that a boat, can we?
2. When the couple of pirates (can't remember their names, but one's got a fake eye) always say "Parleys"... They always got hit ^^
3. When Commodore Norrington thinks he (at least) caught the famous Jack Sparrow, but this one always runs away.
3. When Will says "aw, that's why he's so..." and then imitate Jack as though he's crazy...
4. When Jack saves Elizabeth, the soldier says he would never think of getting her tighting clothe (don't know the name :anxiousSmile away. On which Jack answer something like "sure you don't know the Singapore women"
5. As it has been said before, the look on both faces of Barbossa and Jack when Barb stabs him is unique... :wink:

I could go on for a looooonnngggg time like that, but I think I'll stop here.
Can't wait to see your own opinions, mates :laugh:

See you around!
"To conquer others is to have power... To conquer yourself is to know the Way." Lao Ma
I like the fight scene between Barbossa and Sparrow. Barbossa says, "So, be it us two immortals battling on till judgement day and trumpets sound?" And Jack replies, "Or you could surrender." That line always makes me smile.
"Is not every nanosecond in this continuim a moment in history?" -Data
All the moments in POTC are classics!! However.......... I do love the end when Jack says to Elizabeth that "it wouldn't have worked out between us"!

And if anyone's seen the extras on the DVD, when Johnny is saying that really long line and he keeps getting it wrong and goes "where are the writers? I'm going to kill them!"

Also I love when Will is talking to Mr. Gibbs and Gibbs is telling him about Jack's life and Will goes "Oh, so that explains all the..." and does an impression of Jack walking... or something like that! Love it!!!
"Ugliness is better than beauty. It lasts longer and in the end, gravity will get us all." - Johnny Depp.
Captiang Wrote:I like when the one guy goes :"He is no doubt the worst pirate i've ever seen"

That's one of them.

Another is at the end where Jack says "This is the day that you almost ....." and he falls off the cliff.

And finally the opening scene where you think Jack is on this great big ship and he's on the little boat.
I can imagine quite a bit.
In the first one when Jack and Elizabeth are on the island and shes like "Yes, all the rum is gone, the government will be here to save us because of the smoke" and then Jack says "...but why is the rum gone??" thats hilarious.
Se onr sverdar sitja hvass!
And another funny part Someone- "Its Elizabeth!" Captain Jack- "Hide the rum!!!" HAAHAHAHAHA
Se onr sverdar sitja hvass!
A good bit in the new film:
Elizabeth (unconvincingly posing as a boy): I'm looking for the man I love
Jack (in a panicked voice):I'm already in love with the sea.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
From Dead Man's Chest:

Captain Jack Sparrow: "Why is the rum always gone?" *He stands up, and staggers about in a drunkewn stupor* "Oh, that's why."

Or, Will's "I'm not leaving without Jack!" Then he sees Jack being chased by a horde of canibals. "Time to go."
"Is not every nanosecond in this continuim a moment in history?" -Data
Two of my favorite lines:
"Look, an undead monkey." - From the second one
"You can keep on doing that forever and the dog is never going to move." -From the first one.
Tiberius 269 Wrote:From Dead Man's Chest:
Or, Will's "I'm not leaving without Jack!" Then he sees Jack being chased by a horde of canibals. "Time to go."

Personally, I happen to like the teaser one that has been shown as part of the trailers for the film alot better, made the scene much funnier when I finally saw it than what he actually said IN the film...

Will-"I can't leave without Jack...(Jack's running towards them screaming with Canibals chasing him)...nevermind, let's go!"
-
Elizabeth-"Captain Sparrow"
Jack-"Elizabeth, (turns and whispers, 'quick, hide the rum')
-
Elizabeth to Jack-"there will come a moment when you can do the right thing..."
Jack-"I love those moments, I love to wave at them as they pass by".

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  POTC 4: My Thoughts Michael 4 976 June 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Bruckheimer budget for POTC:4 cut by 1/3 Michael 0 846 May 6th, 2010, 10:30 AM
  Bill Nighy suggests POTC 4 may not happen Michael 1 1,293 December 25th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Last Post: badlands
  Blog argues that POTC 4 is based on book Disney optioned Michael 1 996 October 15th, 2009, 08:26 PM
  Disney announces POTC role-playing game Michael 2 1,431 June 18th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Last Post: Zagor
  Blog blasts Blu-Ray POTC screen framing Michael 0 1,976 September 14th, 2007, 07:23 PM
  Just saw POTC 3 (Possible Spoilers) Zagor 45 5,197 August 1st, 2007, 09:29 PM
Last Post: crusher310
  ^^What do you think about POTC characters?^^ Captain Jack 3 1,411 July 7th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Last Post: legolasrulz
  POTC (Sea Dogs 2) DARTH SIDIOUS2 0 1,698 June 28th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Last Post: DARTH SIDIOUS2
  Is there trouble brewing for POTC III ? missferal 3 1,374 March 14th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Last Post: missferal