Original Trilogy on dvd...
Found this on starwars.com

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/relea...60503.html

Let the discussion begin ...
I can imagine quite a bit.
Well, at least they are compressing the purchasing experience to allow for both versions of each movie (earliest and latest) in one DvD set. I think I bought 3 versions of the first movie on video tape.
Well, this should make a few people happy , considering the complaints many people had with the changes in the SE and DVD editions.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
It's probably also being released to stop the piracy of making dvds out of the laser disc versions. However I am happy that I get a better quality version of the originals though it's just more money to give to Lucas.
What the odds that the special editions have changes.
volderant123 Wrote:What the odds that the special editions have changes.

Well basically the way I'm seeing it is you're buying what again what came out on dvd a couple of years ago and as a bonus you're getting the original versions.

Like I saw someone else say so much for Lucas saying the orginals don't exist anymore.
I'm afraid starwars.com told me before you did, Han, but I'm happy with discussing:crown:

Well, considering that I've only recently bought the 2004 OTs, I'm probably going to be in no hurry to get this, which is kind of irritating really. Plus, as Han says, it's only giving Lucas more money. I prefer the cinematic OT, but I don't think it's worth me paying again.

However, hear hear for the fact it's being done! I genuinely thought it would never happen.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
I knew it. I KNEW IT!!

Proud to see that Anything-For-A-Buck Lucas is still living up to this reputation of mining the Star Wars cash cow for everything it's worth, then sinking a new shaft, and mining it all over again.

I already have the OT on DVD, having them converted from the laser disks that I picked up just for that purpose. While probably not as clear as these latest editions, they're all the movie that I'm interested in without paying Lucas for the fifth or sixth time to get his movies.

Apparently, Greedo will still get a shot off in this latest edition (they will shoot at the same time), and I prefer my scruffy looking nerf herders to shoot the first time every time someone tries to take his ship.

And no, I'm not bitter. Not bitter at all.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:And no, I'm not bitter. Not bitter at all.

Of course you're not bitter RobRoy. Tell us again.

You can't advertise them as the originals if you're gonna modify the Greedo scene. Han has to shoot first.
Han Solo Wrote:Of course you're not bitter RobRoy. Tell us again.

I recall distinctly when the OT was first announced for release to DVD and everyone went bonkers. My initial reaction was to join, but then . . . but then I paused, and a voice, as if from some Iowa corn field said, "If you wait, he will release again."

I think I posted as much on these forums.

Now, my disillusionment is complete. When I watched Phantom Menace Lucas was but a learner. Now, he is the master!

Quote:You can't advertise them as the originals if you're gonna modify the Greedo scene. Han has to shoot first.

Agreed. So, one more time, I will stick with my personal DVD versions, and ignore all attempts to get me to shell out for these psuedo-efforts.

Yeppers, still not bitter. :crown:

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Someone explain to me again how they supposedly change it so that Han shoots second in these allegedly doctored subsequent versions? Are there any screen captures on the Web that show the differences?
Michael Wrote:Someone explain to me again how they supposedly change it so that Han shoots second in these allegedly doctored subsequent versions? Are there any screen captures on the Web that show the differences?

Try here..

http://www.dvdactive.com/editorial/artic...t-one.html
Thanks. Pretty convincing.
Michael Wrote:Thanks. Pretty convincing.

Yeah, it's nice of Lucas to say that in his mind, "In my mind [Greedo] shot first or at the same time." But regardless of if you agree with Lucas or not regarding the character of Han Solo, what was in his mind, and what he showed everyone are clearly different.

The funny thing is no one would have minded if Greedo had shot first in the theatrical release :bg:
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
Pechark Wrote:The funny thing is no one would have minded if Greedo had shot first in the theatrical release :bg:

No, we sure wouldn't have. But that's not what happened, and it set the tone for the character. Solo shoots all kinds of people who don't shoot first, or at all. It's a foolish bit of re-writing that serves no real purpose.

History is always written by the victors. George Lucas won big-time, so the history was his to rewrite.
Michael Wrote:History is always written by the victors. George Lucas won big-time, so the history was his to rewrite.

In my contraband history book, Han shot first, shot repeatedly, and never felt bad about it afterwards then rewrote history to suit his guilt.

RobRoy Wrote:In my contraband history book, Han shot first, shot repeatedly, and never felt bad about it afterwards then rewrote history to suit his guilt.

That's given me a horrible thought...enough with Greedo shooting first...what if Han had said something like: "Oh, I wish I hadn't shot him. Killing people is wrong"

Be thankful Lucas didn't go too far
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
Pechark Wrote:That's given me a horrible thought...enough with Greedo shooting first...

It's my soapbox! :crazy:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Polygon Pieces Together How Lucas Would Have Done the Final Trilogy Michael 0 850 December 11th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Peter Mayhew, original Chewbacca, has died Michael 0 573 May 2nd, 2019, 08:27 PM
  Rian Johnson to Make Another Star Wars Trilogy FilmGuy 4 1,074 November 14th, 2017, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Disney rerelease Star Wars trilogy badlands 2 705 October 4th, 2015, 04:47 PM
  48 Hour Star Wars Trilogy Marathon May 2nd-4th Punny 1 722 May 4th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Tweaks made to the classic trilogy - Lucas at it again! Han Solo 13 1,953 September 12th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Nightspore
  Anyone get the individual rerelease of the original trilogy dvds? Han Solo 5 812 September 20th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Why the Prequel trilogy changed the sense of the Original trilogy milivella 4 897 June 14th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Last Post: milivella
  Favourite trilogy. smelly yoda 15 1,323 January 14th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Last Post: erockluke
  Original Trilogy Or New Ep's ALBINO 30 2,769 December 31st, 2005, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Han Solo