snape is a good guy
the subj says he is a god guy
I belive what JKR said in book 6 about Snape is the complete truth
"...A day may come when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"
why are people finding it hard to believe that,
Jon Nelson Wrote:I belive what JKR said in book 6 about Snape is the complete truth

What did she say????????????/
dragonlord Wrote:What did she say????????????/

Snape was/is a death eater/servant of Voldermort AND he did kill Dumbledore.
"...A day may come when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"
True enough!!!!!!!!!!
does it matter who he is a complete truth to
yeah b/c we need to know what side hes on
voldmart's side!!!!!!! he's on voldmart's side!!!!!!!!
I know taht which means he NOT a good guy
I dont believe that snape is bad, though he killed dumbledore still the question in mind is, why did dumbledore trust snape, you see, dumbledore is good in judging a person. Maybe the seventh book will tell us a lot more why dumbledore trust him. I think he is not bad. I havent time to finish my argument I have to go now, but i'll continue it next time...
tazmanian devil
Snape is GOOD. DD new that he made the unbreakable Vow so DD told him to do it. Remember the argument in the forest that was mentioned by Hagrid, DD was telling Snape to Kill him. JK never puts somthing in the book that doesnt mean somthing, NEVER.
"Who is this guy"
"Tank Man? does that sound right? Tank man?"
"Here comes Tank Man, just tankin around town."
whizz Wrote:I dont believe that snape is bad, though he killed dumbledore still the question in mind is, why did dumbledore trust snape, you see, dumbledore is good in judging a person. Maybe the seventh book will tell us a lot more why dumbledore trust him. I think he is not bad. I havent time to finish my argument I have to go now, but i'll continue it next time...

You might be interested in this discussion over here. I assert that Dumbledore is dead, but that his aid to Harry is not yet at an end.

As for the qestion at hand: Snape's seeming betrayal and slaying of Dumbledore is far from conclusive. Dumbledore's final comments require some explanation that we, as an audience, have not yet received. Snape's final comments to Harry, and his choice of actions to not slay Harry when he had seemingly done for Dumbledore adds fuel to the concept that there is more to this character's story than we should take at first glance.

For myself, I believe that Snape has not been on Voldemort's side for quite some time, and despite the death of Dumbledore, he is not now either. Given his torment at the hands of Black, Lupin, Potter, etc., it is logical why Snape would have at first been attracted to a new order that would go against what those friends stood for. But since Snape has a good heart, and I do not believe otherwise, it would have gone against the grain, and hence his change and seeking of Dumbledore for assistance, protection, etc.

Snape is on the good side, and he has a terrible burden to bear in order to aid that side. A burden that none will likely ever lift from him completely.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
snape is NOT a good guy folks get over it
if snape was a good guy then he would have atleast helped the order if the phoenix people fight the death eaters in the 6th book before he killed dumbledore because of the vow he made.

but snape was helping the fight the good people, killed dumbledore and attacked prof flitwick
mike.lyon Wrote:snape is NOT a good guy folks get over it

You say this with a good deal of certainty. Your proof would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, you and I can just boil this down to "Is not!" "Is too!" While fun, it does tend to grow old after a time and defeats the purpose of a discussion forum. :bg:

ginny weasley Wrote:if snape was a good guy then he would have atleast helped the order if the phoenix people fight the death eaters in the 6th book before he killed dumbledore because of the vow he made.

but snape was helping the fight the good people, killed dumbledore and attacked prof flitwick

Snape's proof for his absence at the fight works both ways. He told Malfoy and her sister that he wasn't there because that would have given him away completely to the Order of the Phoenix. The opposite is also true. Dumbledore likely ordered him to make no open movement that would give away his position one way or the other, so that he could be of the greatest use for the longest period. If we go under the assumption that Snape is a good guy, then the absence makes sense.

Killing Dumbledore I have already discussed. Snape was under the requirements of the vow he made, but also Dumbledore gave him orders. We don't know the specifics at this point, but it seems clear that Dumbledore ordered Snape to do what needed to be done. This wasn't about saving Dumbledore, but about defeating Voldemort, a much greater good.

Attacking Professor Flitwick was also necessary to continue the illusion. Flitwick, however, was not killed.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I think that Snape is just Snape neither good nor bad he'd rather be on the winners side.
Dumbeldore might have trusted him, but he also might have been mistaken to do so. Nobody's perfect, and the book shows that Dumbeldore also makes mistakes.
However, I still like to hope that Snape felt something for Lily and in the end he will help Harry defeat Woldemort.
After all he did try to save him in the 1st book.
Despite all the hate and anger he still has a heart.
I hope.
sunshine_daisy Wrote:I think that Snape is just Snape neither good nor bad he'd rather be on the winners side.
Dumbeldore might have trusted him, but he also might have been mistaken to do so. Nobody's perfect, and the book shows that Dumbeldore also makes mistakes.
However, I still like to hope that Snape felt something for Lily and in the end he will help Harry defeat Woldemort.
After all he did try to save him in the 1st book.
Despite all the hate and anger he still has a heart.
I hope.

Snape provided assistance to Harry a number of times, perhaps grudgingly, but certainly out of a desire to do the right thing. In Half-Blood Prince Snape could have pointed Harry out to the Death Eaters or he could have killed Harry himself. We know he did not, and coupled with the final shouted conversation between Potter and Snape, points the former professor away from being a bad guy.

RobRoy Wrote:You say this with a good deal of certainty. Your proof would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, you and I can just boil this down to "Is not!" "Is too!" While fun, it does tend to grow old after a time and defeats the purpose of a discussion forum. :bg:

Snape's proof for his absence at the fight works both ways. He told Malfoy and her sister that he wasn't there because that would have given him away completely to the Order of the Phoenix. The opposite is also true. Dumbledore likely ordered him to make no open movement that would give away his position one way or the other, so that he could be of the greatest use for the longest period. If we go under the assumption that Snape is a good guy, then the absence makes sense.

Killing Dumbledore I have already discussed. Snape was under the requirements of the vow he made, but also Dumbledore gave him orders. We don't know the specifics at this point, but it seems clear that Dumbledore ordered Snape to do what needed to be done. This wasn't about saving Dumbledore, but about defeating Voldemort, a much greater good.

Attacking Professor Flitwick was also necessary to continue the illusion. Flitwick, however, was not killed.

HE'S PArT OF THE VOLDS GROUP
Snape is no good b/c he was brought up that way whether intinoally or not

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good thing Hogswarts is not Universal instead of at Disney parks badlands 0 511 May 27th, 2020, 05:44 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Fan Film: "Severus Snape and the Marauders" Michael 2 496 May 30th, 2016, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Michael
  RIP Professor Snape Paul Goode 3 696 January 17th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Video of Alan Rickman talking about playing Snape BookBug 0 498 January 24th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Last Post: BookBug
  Video: Fan film, "The Greater Good: Dumbledore & Grindelwald" FilmGuy 0 686 January 24th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Severus Snape poster for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" Michael 0 822 June 1st, 2011, 01:15 PM
  Daniel Radcliffe talks about saying good-bye to Harry Potter Michael 0 332 November 10th, 2010, 03:19 AM
  Is Snape Dumbledore's Man? [Spoliers for Deathly Hallows] Darq Ali 42 2,820 August 27th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Another Snape theory Paul Goode 37 2,247 July 9th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Last Post: AJ786
  Is Snape Abusive? RobRoy 46 4,163 February 15th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Last Post: RobRoy