The Drunken Pig
This place is dead, so for a little amusement I've decided to open a cyber bar named after a pub from the JOAt series. At least I think it's from the JOAT series. Not really sure since I haven't seen it in a while.

*walks into the bar, clinging to Jack, while humming the theme song* From the la la la la la to the shores of Triple, sail around the bloody world to defend democracy!
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" ~ A Tale Of Two Cities
*Leaps down from a rafter, wearing my Em version of the DD costume* So, you have found my secret hideout. This means, of course, that I shall have to... offer you some of my cake and tea. *Brings out a variety of cakes and teas* Yummy treats! Enjoy!
"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not.
It looks as they expect, but it is not."
--Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
Heart Song Wrote:*Leaps down from a rafter, wearing my Em version of the DD costume* So, you have found my secret hideout. This means, of course, that I shall have to... offer you some of my cake and tea. *Brings out a variety of cakes and teas* Yummy treats! Enjoy!

*laughs, and takes a cup of tea* Thank you, Song. *takes a sip of the tea, and takes a eye dropper droping some liquid onto Jack, watching as he glows, and splits into two whole Jacks.* *pushes one over to Heart* Here, every girl should have their own Jack. ^_^
Yay! *Stuffs my Jack full of cake*
*laughs, as I huggle my own Jack*
OK graduation season is upon us .... Azn should be graduating, probably the last of the "original" group to do so, with the possible exception of JCGirl, whose age we were never exactly sure of.

When's the big day?

Although... hey "Brave Beauty" - are you graduating this spring?

(Of course.... for all we know, the infamous Jawbone might be graduating from a "special" program. :laugh: )

ed. to add: Anna graduates May 28th! (Which is a Sunday? That's when you have the commencement?)
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
"Special" indeed... would that special program involve jail or psychotherapy (or some combination)?
Hopefully not the latter, since if it did, you might accidentally find yourself as his therapist!

HS: Tell me when these feelings of powerlessness began, Matt.

JB: Well, I was like 18, and I wanted to impress this 12-year-old on the internet....

HS: AACCK! That was YOU! :bounce:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Ha ha ha! I can see that.
I'm sure Melody won't mind my sharing this, since she doesn't have too much time on the net these days. I'm not sure if she's finished her academic work, but she's working in the industry in LA, for a company that interacts with actors and agents. Not too long ago, she got to talk on the phone to Chris Conrad, the guy who played Jason in the old Young Hercules series. :clap: :clap:

And Anna has officially graduated, and is spending the summer working at a TKD school, kicking butt and taking names. Wink

And Maribel (Mayfair51) went to New York to see the first night of the Monty Python musical "Spamalot" with the new King Arthur - her buddy Harry Groener. (We remember him as the Mayor of Sunnydale on "Buffy," among countless other roles.)

OK, who else has news?
*raises hand* Uh, I have news. Let's see... I've had a good spring semester of college, joined a club and made plenty of friends, and I got A's in every class except English (got a B in that class). My boyfriend and I broke up in April due to the fact that we weren't seeing each other that much (maybe once or twice a month!). Oh, yeah, I managed to pick up an obsessed fan sometime during the spring semester, and I have a crush on one of his closest friends. Oh, and I almost forgot... I went to a concert with one of my friends, and I am NEVER going anywhere with that friend again. Without going into details, let's just say that he was very annoying and made some rather unintelligent assumptions.
Well, congrats on the super GPA! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Although what's up w/ English? That's like Eistein getting a B in physics?

I think I can speak for everyone in saying we are all so proud of how you managed to prevail through your freshman year in spite of Hurricane Katrina coming through your first weekend! :eek:

And so sorry about the boyfriend. :worry: Sadly, that just usually happens in college.

What kind of concert did you go to? Did you get a chance to see any of the Jazz and Heritage Festival? When I visited there years ago, it was coincidentally the weekend of the French Quarter Festival, which is something of an oxymoron, since every weekend is a festival in the French Quarter. :laugh:
august Wrote:Although what's up w/ English? That's like Eistein getting a B in physics?

The professor had extremely high standards, and she did say she was pleased by how much my writing improved by the end of the semester. (Also, I passed the English final-- writing an essay on one of two possible topics).

august Wrote:And so sorry about the boyfriend. :worry: Sadly, that just usually happens in college.
Because of his job (he didn't have any set days off), we rarely saw each other more than once or twice a month. I just finally decided that maybe it would be better if this just ended, since it was like there was very little "relationship" left.

august Wrote:What kind of concert did you go to? Did you get a chance to see any of the Jazz and Heritage Festival? When I visited there years ago, it was coincidentally the weekend of the French Quarter Festival, which is something of an oxymoron, since every weekend is a festival in the French Quarter. :laugh:
It was the HIM concert at the House of Blues (down here, you only have to be 18 to get in). And no, I didn't go to the Jazz Fest. Too many clueless and/or drunk tourists (I'm still ticked at the time I was in a bookstore, and some tourists came in and passed by me, saying "So people in Louisiana DO know how to read... what do you know?").
*plops down on a comfy sofa*

I've got news too. I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geiko...actually, no, not really. I know that I don't get a lot of time to come around and post anymore. Life after college is busier than I had imagined (geez, that's over two years ago!) But the real news - last April I met a guy over the internet, Yahoo Personals. We talked for a month and last May we met up, started dating. Six months ago, December 8, he asked me to marry him, and July 28, 2007 we're going to exchange our "I do"s. He's going to go to law school starting this fall, so who knows, I might actually have some free time to stop in and have a cyber drink or two while he's studying and I'm not doing wife-things, like cleaning.

Hope all is well with everyone else.
Battle On, Deadly Chakram

Jack's Packer #1350
Croque's Crony #1350
Daughter Of The Dragoon #2
Brogard's Belle #2
Keeper of Jack's Wit and Sense of Humor
Wow, DC, you're gonna get married on my birthday! Congratulations, and best of wishes!
Oh wow! I didn't realize that that was your birthday! That's pretty cool. And thanks hon. Smile
Battle On, Deadly Chakram

Jack's Packer #1350
Croque's Crony #1350
Daughter Of The Dragoon #2
Brogard's Belle #2
Keeper of Jack's Wit and Sense of Humor
*nuzzles my Jack, before looking to August with a smile* Actually no, August. I'm studying to get my GED though...
Yay for education! *passes out little cakes shaped like books*
*eyes the cake, before handing it back to Heartsong* I can't eat that. Dieting...
Fine, then. Fresh fruit for you instead. *holds out a bowl containing a variety of fruits* May I offer you some herbal tea or some fruit juice, or perhaps some ice water?

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Treehouse/Lounge/Drunken Pig Tavern now open! Sparkle 380 19,218 March 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Last Post: august