The Drunken Pig
OK, I have sent e-mails to just about everyone I still have good addresses for - we're going to have a holiday reunion here , or else! :bg: :hat: :party:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I'm in--tell me where and when and I'm there. Smile

On a related note: I'm gearing up for some storytrain action so I hope everyone else is ready. I got the best idea today at work. Wink
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]~Juliet aka GypsySongbird~
Jack's Pack #71, Keeper of Napoleon's Ring (given to Em by Jack), Emilia's Coffin, Emilia's Love Potion, and Emilia's Memory
[/COLOR]
In the mean time, for those of us who haven't surfed by your MySpace recently, tell us about your graduation, your new job, your on-air adventures, your band, your honey, and your job! :bg:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Guess who I stumbled across! Allie, aka DaringDragoon2, who discovered the old SUSA site after the show had been cancelled! She's alive and well and in college, and I'm going to make her drop by here!
Bumping up to wish one and all much holiday cheer! :bg:
*Peeks in* Hey, everyone! I'm still alive, despite it miraculously snowing down here a few weeks ago.
"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not.
It looks as they expect, but it is not."
--Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
I faithfully read your MySpace observations, so a major holiday {{{{{{{{{{{Heart Song}}}}}}}}}} to you! :bg:

How'd your semester end up?

Only news on this end is my return to the world of theatre reviews. (I've sent you those, right?) For those who haven't seen them, check out http://www.onstagecolumbia.com for the most recent, for Evita, and then click on "Archives" and scroll down to find ones for A Tuna Christmas, How I Learned to Drive, The Little Dog Laughed, High School Musical, and Tuesdays With Morrie.

Hopefully, the news for me in the new year will be that I still have a job! :bounce:
I needed that hug... I'm still a little cranky at my mother.

It was a really good semester. All A's except a B in microbiology! Oh, and I've been accepted to work on a psychology research team on campus, coding behaviors from subjects who have been videotaped in their homes. Best part is, I'll be getting college credit for it, and it looks pretty good to grad schools. That story I've been working on for the past few years, I finally completed, and I'm now working on the sequel.
On an unrelated note, my high school English teacher (9th and 10th grade) was featured on CNN! :clap: :hellohands: :crown: Kathleen Parker was briefly one of his students some years before he transfered to our school (where he still teaches) and write a column about her favorite teacher ever, right after she won the Pulitzer. Click here.
august Wrote:On an unrelated note, my high school English teacher (9th and 10th grade) was featured on CNN! :clap: :hellohands: :crown: Kathleen Parker was briefly one of his students some years before he transfered to our school (where he still teaches) and write a column about her favorite teacher ever, right after she won the Pulitzer. Click here.

That's seriously cool. A couple of my professors are kind of "big deals," also. One of my former psych professors has done a lot of work on hormones and endocrinology (a search of her name revealed lots of stuff where she was either an author or provided information for the article). Another of my professors, a current one, is really big on the topic of cyberbullying. Who knew that the redheaded stepchild of colleges in my state had such great minds there, eh?
An interview I did, for a local men's magazine called Briefs, is now online. It's with Kimberly, from MTV's The Real World Hollywood. Click here. Smile Yeah yeah yeah, say what you will about reality tv - she's sort of over the phenomenon too, and has settled back down in her hometown. But it was a fun opportunity for me! You can also read a couple of editorial pieces I did here.
Well, after all these years, seems there really was a drunken pig in the area of the South China Sea....  Tongue 

How did you fare with the hurricane (and tornadoes, from what I heard!), August?
The old Drunken Pig thread! Where's the hand-clap emoji when you need it? For that matter, where's pictures of Angie Dotchin dancing on the bar when you need them?

But thanks for asking - all of that completely bypassed most of SC - the people on the coast shut down schools and so forth, but there was no real damage. Here it hardly even rained.... but later in the season is usually when we get hit harder.
(September 18th, 2019, 02:21 PM)august Wrote: The old Drunken Pig thread!  Where's the hand-clap emoji when you need it?  For that matter, where's pictures of Angie Dotchin dancing on the bar when you need them?

But thanks for asking - all of that completely bypassed most of SC - the people on the coast shut down schools and so forth, but there was no real damage. Here it hardly even rained.... but later in the season is usually when we get hit harder.

That's good! My sister just moved to Florida and was fearful since she's never been through one, but they didn't get anything, either.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Treehouse/Lounge/Drunken Pig Tavern now open! Sparkle 380 19,218 March 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Last Post: august