What you use?
What you use?windows xpwindows 2000windows 98windows 95or other---------------Thanks
is this some kind of survey?

I started out with windows 95 (solid), then we got a new computer and that came with windows ME (i didn't like it as much...i don't know why), and now I use windows XP (I like this one best...but i am still trying to find a way to play my old games on it).
Don't do nothing.
Haven't a clue, other than it's a microsoft product. It just came with the computer.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I use GNU Linux. I don't like Windows =)
Experience is what you get when you fail something
RobRoy you really have no clue? As in literally no clue? ...how ..odd.. When did you buy it?

I use Windows XP upgraded to it summer 2003. Before XP - I used Windows 98, Windows 95, the earlier Windows, and earliest Microsoft DOS.
Tongue
RobRoy Wrote:Haven't a clue, other than it's a microsoft product. It just came with the computer.

Dude. There's no way with as much as you're on your computer that you don't know what OS you're using! I refuse to believe it. :laugh:
Boomstick Wrote:Dude. There's no way with as much as you're on your computer that you don't know what OS you're using! I refuse to believe it. :laugh:

It's all true.

I actually have something of a technophic tendency.

Most of the computers that I've used over the years were not mine, but rather were assigned to me by various employers. I picked my personal laptop, that's true, but all I truly cared about was that it would run Word, so that I could write. I'm pleased to say that it does and I do.

Past that, I have no real idea about operating systems, and what's good with what's bad. Asside from my internet antics, I'm hardly a high-end user, I probably don't even quality for low-end.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Most of my computers have been Macs and over the years I've run a variety of systems from 6 back in the late 80ies which was totally innovative in its interface, could do almost everything that current computer systems do that you really needed but could boot from a 700K floppy and run with a single Megabyte of memory. Oh yes, and it could start up in about a second and Windows and things opened really whizzingly fast comparead to all modern computer systems I've seen.

Now I'm onto Mac OSX.3 which is basically the minimum I need to run many modern applications. The current computer is 6 years old but I recently upgraded it with stacks of memory and that makes it run pretty fast and you wouldn't see its age. For me, that's just a tribute to how well these things were made.

At work I have windows. First Windows NT. Then I got Windows XP Professional which is quite similar really, only slower. I often wonder why they call it Professional. Maybe some consolation to the users to tell them, look this is professional. Just thinks of the boor b***s who have to use Windows XP Amateur. My laptop at work is sort of ancient. A really old IBM. It's real slow but also real robust seeing I travel with it a lot and it does get bumped in my bag. Judging by the design it must be one of the first models they ever made. But seeing it does run XP I suppose it's slightly newer than that. Hey, it even has USB - but for some strange reason it doesn't work under NT and PS/2 scroll-mice don't work under XP! Now I wonder if XP Amateur does better ... My company ran out of budget in the last round of replacements and so I had to make do a bit longer.
I use Windows XP on my computer.
Windows XP for me. I definatley neet it upgraded though. don't all computers say what your using when it starts?!
windows xp sp2
I think it is the best survey I've never use !
Do you hear about Windows Vista ?
In this year we can catch it!
I'd wait for a good six months to a year before getting Vista, or any new OS for that matter, it seems like the initial releases are always a little buggy.
Yes,initial releases has a little buggy,but I think it is a little better than W XP.
Hello .
:warrior:

MYCode Guide