R2-D2, the real hero!
Yes he is a hero without hiim there would be no Star Wars, don't believe me?

Episode 1- Saves the ship from utter destruction.
Result-There would have been no Anikan Sakywalker.

Episode 2-Saves that peasent [masking edited - RR] Padme from a fiery death.
Result-No Luke/Leai

Episode 3-Not only warns Anikan and Obi-Wan about the shields on the Invisible Hand, he helps them with the elevators thus being crushed.
Result- seperatised would have won and then Palp and Dooku and Grivouse would take the Galaxy.

Episode 4- Garbage masher.
Result- No OT and Empire would have kept going.

Episode 5- Opened doors to Falcon and fixed hyper drive.
Result-They would have been vaporized without the doors by blasters and they would haave been spacedust without the hyperdrive.

Episode 6- If they had sent 3-P0 by himself to Jabba's he wouldn't have made it into the front doors. He part of the way opened the door for Solo to get into the reactor room.
Result- No Solo and the Death Star would have destroyed the whole rebel fleet.

...R2-D2, the real Star Wars hero!
I want to say we've discussed this before but I'll have to search for the thread to see if we did but yes R2-D2 did have an important role in all of the movies which is part of the reason why he's a fan favorite.
I can imagine quite a bit.
On your ROTS comment, it makes no difference, Palpatine got the galaxy anyway, the only difference is that Dooku's there-I would very much doubt Grievous would get a look in. Or perhaps not even Dooku.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
I agree, R2 is the man. He had a valueable role in the SW saga, and a great personality for a droid.
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the one thing you quote the most from Star Wars in real life? Han Solo 17 1,606 October 25th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Saber
  Who is the real hero? raydan 17 1,086 December 18th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Last Post: hobojesus
  Building a real lightsaber cg123 26 2,683 August 25th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Darth Krispy
  Real Jedi sith lord 11 1,181 May 11th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Happy Flowergirl