Poll: Would you rig out Vader
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
6.25%
1 6.25%
Vader's cool the way he is
75.00%
12 75.00%
Oh yeah!
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rigg out Vader!
I thought alot about this and wondered "Why didn't they make Vader cooler than Boba or Jango Fett?" It would be really cool if they riged him out with a knife in his wrist, some kind of jar in a socket in his arm so he can shoot out lightning, or like little thing on his arm that shoots out lasers or darts! Man if I made Vader that movie would have made more money than origanaly. What I really wanted to post was, if you could change Vader would you? And what would you add to him? Tell me if this is really stupid or not.
Well I wouldn't change Vader at all. The reason why is because Boba and Jango have those kind of things, and it's just a repetitive thing if he has them as well. And I don't think the movie's money would have changed much if Vader had changed.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
Vader's most impressive asset seemed to be his implacability in the worst conditions, and his sheer dominating pressence. Was there anyone who was as tall as the Sith Lord, or as imposing? Draped in black, haunting audible respirator, ability to alternately break a man's neck with his bare hands or choke the life out of him with a thought?

Who needs flash when all the threat is at the same time just under the surface and, at times, seemingly random?
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I think Vader would have been awesome with stuff like knives! But that's me. Like when he lost his arm against luke he could have just pulled out a knive or something!:fright:
Jedi Guardian Wrote:I think Vader would have been awesome with stuff like knives! But that's me. Like when he lost his arm against luke he could have just pulled out a knive or something!:fright:

You do realize what a lightsaber would do against a knife, no matter what the material, right?

Vader: Arrgghh! My arm! Luckily, I'll just pull out my trusty KNIFE!
Luke: Bzzttt!
Vader: Arrggh. My knife!
Luke: Word.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Pull a slick one. Pull it out of something and slash the guy.
Jedi Guardian Wrote:Pull a slick one. Pull it out of something and slash the guy.

Why? When you can choke someone from a distance?

I would enjoy slicing at my commanding officers. I also mentioned others and I say again can anyone think of any thing they would like to add to Vader?
Jedi Guardian Wrote:I would enjoy slicing at my commanding officers.

But we're not talking about you. We're talking about Vader. The fear he drives into others is embodied by the fact that he can, with a thought, kill you. Or, if he feels the need, lift you up by your head and break your neck. He also carries a light saber that cuts through pretty much anything.

Why carry around a "knife"? Makes no sense, and only detracts from the mystique of Vader.

Ok forget the point of the knive, sense that apperantly is not going to happen do you think that you could add anything to Vader to make him cooler or more powerful? Like... JETPACKS!!! Yes he could use jetpacks.
Well no, because the Fett's had that, and so the originality of Vader having one as well would be sub zero. And part of the success of Star Wars is originality.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
Besides, Vader should be able to force-levitate if & when he needs to.

BTW, I've wondered how Vader was supposed to have survived the destruction of the original Death Star, stranded in deep space controlled by the rebels, in a crippled short-range fighter that was probably barely out of range of the blast when it came. He had to have used the Dark Force to preserve himself and possibly even to propel his fighter as well.

But I'm with Robroy and his point about Vader's dark menacing "mystique". IMO it was probably Vader's initial appearance onscreen as the Empire's terrible masked enforcer that hooked so many to the saga for almost three decades so far.

pic of Vader in alternate color scheme
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
There has to be somthing that you could add! Oh and Vader survived because I belive that his TIE was one of the first to have a hyperspace engine and if that's not it then he just met up with a Star Destroyer.

EDIT- How about something in his arm that can shoot out force lightning, like a jar of electricity that could flow through his arm and out of his fingers. Something!
Jedi Guardian Wrote:There has to be somthing that you could add! Oh and Vader survived because I belive that his TIE was one of the first to have a hyperspace engine and if that's not it then he just met up with a Star Destroyer.

Yes, Darth Vader's fighter was different from regular TIEs in that it had hyperdrive and shields.
I can imagine quite a bit.
I would change him so he would have a jetpack, and that he could shoot laser out of his arm.
STAR WARS RUUULEEEZZZ! :warrior: Confusedtorm: :up: :leech: :crown:
Weeell...*ahem* *put's on official proffessor sounding voice*

The Ultimate Visual Guide to Star Wars (birthday prezzie-I love it:crown: ) says that Vader crash landed on the planet Vaal and, encountering many monsters on the way, finally found Vaal's Imperial outpost, where he got a shuttle to Correllia.

And the laser on the arm? Sounds fairly useless considering you have a lightsaber and can choke people.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
Darth Chloron Wrote:I would change him so he would have a jetpack, and that he could shoot laser out of his arm.

Seriously? I didn't say lasers I said lightning! Would it be cool if Vader could somehow shoot lightning from his fingers?
Jedi Guardian Wrote:Seriously? I didn't say lasers I said lightning! Would it be cool if Vader could somehow shoot lightning from his fingers?

He wasn't speaking to you:

Darth Chloron Wrote:I would change him so he would have a jetpack, and that he could shoot laser out of his arm.

But lighting is much like lasers, it's a ranged weapon. Force choking someone from a distance pretty much does away with that need.

Ok but to force choke someone the person needs to have no experince in the Force at all, a week jedi, or a powerfull Ssith
Jedi Guardian Wrote:Ok but to force choke someone the person needs to have no experince in the Force at all, a week jedi, or a powerfull Ssith

I fail to see the point here. How many non-force users would be aware of this fact? There were precious few running around after Vader's betrayal of the Jedi. Couple that with the fact that Vader could do it at some rather impressive distances, well, I'm sorry, but I don't think I would have disappointed Lord Vader even if I was just shining his boots! :ohno:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: ROGUE ONE LEAKED TRAILER 2 Breakdown! Darth Vader Revealed! A Star Wars Story Movie FilmGuy 0 547 July 17th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Vader Wants YOU! Han Solo 0 684 January 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Darth Vader costume badlands 2 963 January 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
  Darth Vader robs a bank?? Han Solo 1 718 July 26th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Darth Vader is watching you from the Washington National Cathedral RobRoy 2 991 April 20th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Gollum wannabe
  The Adventures of Chad Vader - Day Shift Manager Han Solo 3 789 November 28th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Sciguy
  darth vader video remix sessions.....this is hilarious moonscience 4 1,013 July 14th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Pechark
  Does Darth Vader have to choke a hoe? chapill 1 1,043 May 5th, 2006, 04:35 PM
  Vader D.W.11 7 988 April 30th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Last Post: D.W.11
  Luke's face in Vader's mask hobojesus 11 1,257 January 31st, 2006, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Boba,Obi Wan,Jango