Being the only man alive=no rejection
Being the only man alive significantly reduces the potential for rejection in my view. And it cuts performance anxiety practically to nothing.

There's a woman in this story, too.
Don't get your hopes up.

http://www.sfsite.com/fsf/fiction/db01.htm
Moving to Fan Fiction forum.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Well, it's fiction. It's not fan fiction, unless it Generic Apocalypse Fan Fiction, but that's ok.

It was well and cleverly written, but not my thing. I wanted to see some kind of motivation for the main character, and he was beyond bland. The whole tone of the story is bleak, bland acceptance, which I find depressing and unrealistic.

And I hold that two things for which one should never settle are gin and platonic relationships.
Wrestling Darwin on a daily basis.

"Question boldly even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, He must more approve of the homage of reason than that of a blindfolded fear." -Thomas Jefferson
Although I enjoyed the writing style, and was compelled to read it to the end, I found it quite dreary and depressing - definate kudos to the author as I did think it worth reading, but it's not the type of thing I'd go for on a regular basis. I also agree with the comments about the main character - I prefer people who I can emphasis with in some way or at least I recognise in one of my friends....he just seemed the type of person I'd have never spoken to except to borrow a pen from in class - but maybe that was the intent of the writer?

MYCode Guide