which starwars scene would you like to change
which starwars scene would you like to change for me it would be on episode 1 qui gon jinn never dies:dead:
Jar-Jar dodging the Blaster fire in the Battle for Naboo. But you took mine!:bg:
I dunno, probably something from what Lucas tinkered with. I would have said the Han-Greedo scene, and while I will always prefer the origonal and will always wish it was never missed with, I can see it's purpose and I reckon that my opinions of that scene have become so balanced I cannot get rid of it or like it. Then there is the final scene where Hayden Christiansen has been edited in with the spirits of Obi-Wan and Yoda. However, that's probably just my prejudice against Christiansen's bad acting, as I'm perfectly ok with the editing in ESB of Ian McDiarmid instead of old lady, so that's a no.

That more or less leads me onto the PT, with some scenes that could be improved. I'm ok with Qui-Gonn's death, unlike previous posters, it's the only way for Obi-Wan to take on Anakin. I'm sure there's a lot of scenes I want to change in AOTC, but it's ages since I've watched it so I can't say. So finally, I think it comes down to the Obi-Wan vs. General Grievous scene. I think it would have been way better if Grievous had survived and gone on to fight Darth Vader as part of Palpatine's disposal of the Separatists. I've even written a fan fic about it on fanfiction.net. So there's my evaluation of what scenes I'd change.:crown:
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
Dunno. Id like a bit more Nute Gunray in episode 3. Show Haako getting killed too because although you see him with his NO no thingy, it is not actually haako who gets stuck down because the hat is different. His death was cut out.
I'm still happy and excited that they fixed Han Solo's jacket in ep V's DVD release. That made my life better.
Genius Gone Insane Wrote:I'm still happy and excited that they fixed Han Solo's jacket in ep V's DVD release. That made my life better.

Which scene are you specifying?
I can imagine quite a bit.
When he's lowered into the carbon-freezing chamber ("i love u--i know"), he had his jacket off, then on, then off again in ROTJ. It was either an error or a miracle of quantum physics. But in the recent release, they did a magnificent job of coloring in the jacket to make it look white.

Honestly, that really bothered me before. It was my favorite scene as a kid, I always got choked up because Han & Leia had always liked each other but never been able to hook it, but then here, just when they follow their feelings, Han gets frozen. Both love stories in both trilogies are great IMHO.
The end of the duel in ROTS when Obi-Wan talks about having the high ground. I just don't like it and it's a stupid way for Anakin to lose the fight. I know it's supposed to show how far gone he is and how arrogant and over confident he is, but he just comes off as being foolish. One of the few low points in the film for me.
Jammin Wrote:The end of the duel in ROTS when Obi-Wan talks about having the high ground. I just don't like it and it's a stupid way for Anakin to lose the fight. I know it's supposed to show how far gone he is and how arrogant and over confident he is, but he just comes off as being foolish. One of the few low points in the film for me.

I suppose that's why you have a Star Trek avatar. :wave:
Genius Gone Insane Wrote:When he's lowered into the carbon-freezing chamber ("i love u--i know"), he had his jacket off, then on, then off again in ROTJ. It was either an error or a miracle of quantum physics. But in the recent release, they did a magnificent job of coloring in the jacket to make it look white.

Honestly, that really bothered me before. It was my favorite scene as a kid, I always got choked up because Han & Leia had always liked each other but never been able to hook it, but then here, just when they follow their feelings, Han gets frozen. Both love stories in both trilogies are great IMHO.

He never had his jacket on when being lowered into the carbonite chamber. It's always been the white shirt he's wearing.

Genius Gone Insane Wrote:I suppose that's why you have a Star Trek avatar. :wave:

That has nothing to do with it and your post is close to what is considered flaming. If you disagree, just say you disagree and state your opinion why. This is in the posting policy of this forum. Jammin is stating an opinion that I understand. Lucas is trying to make a point that Anakin not only has gone to the dark side but is overconfident and arrogant and that leads to his defeat at Obi-Wan's hand.
Jammin Wrote:The end of the duel in ROTS when Obi-Wan talks about having the high ground. I just don't like it and it's a stupid way for Anakin to lose the fight. I know it's supposed to show how far gone he is and how arrogant and over confident he is, but he just comes off as being foolish. One of the few low points in the film for me.

I disagree. I think this act is a microcosm of why Anakin goes to the dark side. The whole point is--like you say--that Anakin is foolish.
Han Solo Wrote:He never had his jacket on when being lowered into the carbonite chamber. It's always been the white shirt he's wearing.

You are incorrect. Cool
Genius Gone Insane Wrote:You are incorrect. Cool

Actually, he's not: http://www.starwars.com/kids/explore/bts...20212.html

Enjoy.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:Actually, he's not: http://www.starwars.com/kids/explore/bts...20212.html

Enjoy.

Actually, he is. Go back and watch it again. I wouldn't make this up. Heck, I couldn't make this up. Watch an original VHS, I think it's even on the Special Edition, just not the new DVD. He's got the jacket on.

Enjoy.

Cool
I'm sorry we agree to disagree. Han never had the jacket on before being lowered into the carbonite chamber in any version. If someone else shares your opinion then they're more than welcome to do so.

Here are some screen captures.

http://www.fly-casual.org/4images/catego...faac840081

But then again we're not disagreeing that it's like that now but originally.

Is there any pictures of Harrison Ford with the jacket going down the carbonite chamber?
Genius Gone Insane Wrote:I disagree. I think this act is a microcosm of why Anakin goes to the dark side. The whole point is--like you say--that Anakin is foolish.

Not saying your wrong or that the scene doesn't do what it's supposed to.

Just my personal opinion really. I would have preferred if Obi-Wan had beaten him rather than Anakin being beaten by his own pride. After all "When I left you, I was but the learner" etc

I think the problem was that having established throught the film and the duel itself that the two of them were so evenly matched in terms of skill, and even that Anakin was the stronger, it was then very difficult to have Obi-Wan win in a straight, even contest. This being the case, they had to tip the scales in his favour some way. I'm just not a huge fan of how they did it.

Also, what's the 'Having the high ground' supposed to mean? (OK, I know what the term means, but that's not what I mean!) Given the duel up to that point and the 'terrain' they have been fighting on, I couldn't see what advantage Obi-Wan had that he hadn't had at some point up to then (especially about two minutes before when Anakin had done exactly the same move, jumping over Obi-Wan's head, onto the floating platform and managed to land with all his limbs intact!)
The bit they really need to change is the death of SSD executor in ROTJ, its entire crappy model, nose dive needs sorting and one thing GL should not have changed is Vader's original 'bring my shuttle' to 'inform my star destoyer to prepare for my arrival' followed by pointless shuttle scenes, like we need to know how he go to his ssd.

Lasty replacing Sabastian Shaw as anakin at the end of ROTJ was stupid, Hayden Christinson looks like he is about to rape an ewoke with that facial expression.

Btw Han Solo was wearing just a shirt when he was lowed into carbon freeze and no jacket. :wave:
The dark side is best, you get to go to bed late and stuff
Genius Gone Insane Wrote:Actually, he is. Go back and watch it again. I wouldn't make this up. Heck, I couldn't make this up. Watch an original VHS, I think it's even on the Special Edition, just not the new DVD. He's got the jacket on.

Sorry, friend, but you're wrong.

I figured that the screen-scrapes that I located might have been from an updated version. I have no less than four different versions of Star Wars at home: the original VHS (as they were released), the re-released VHS (prior to the theater re-releases), the "special edition" (or whatever it was called) widescreen VHS and the laser disk editions (that I've had converted to DVD). I punched three of them in last night (I didn't put in the laser disks/DVD versions) and in each case, was unable to find a jacket on Han during the freezing scene.

If you have some link, some screenscrape or other evidence of this, I would greatly like to see it. Otherwise, I'm afraid, you're wrong about this scene.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:Sorry, friend, but you're wrong.

I figured that the screen-scrapes that I located might have been from an updated version. I have no less than four different versions of Star Wars at home: the original VHS (as they were released), the re-released VHS (prior to the theater re-releases), the "special edition" (or whatever it was called) widescreen VHS and the laser disk editions (that I've had converted to DVD). I punched three of them in last night (I didn't put in the laser disks/DVD versions) and in each case, was unable to find a jacket on Han during the freezing scene.

If you have some link, some screenscrape or other evidence of this, I would greatly like to see it. Otherwise, I'm afraid, you're wrong about this scene.

This is fascinating! I can't believe you don't know what I'm talking about...when I get home I'll see if I can take a screen shot and post it (hopefully w/o violating any copyright infringements, stay tuned haha).
Darth Bore Wrote:Lasty replacing Sabastian Shaw as anakin at the end of ROTJ was stupid, Hayden Christinson looks like he is about to rape an ewoke with that facial expression.

Ok what? I need to look at the credits in that movie again who did Christinson play again? Geniuse Gone Insane, are you ever going to give up seeing as multiple sources have told you differently?

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  starwars vs final fantasy obi-gum-kenobi 6 987 February 27th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  what would you like to change in STAR WARS movies frkman 8 967 February 27th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Last Post: frkman
  new starwars films obi-gum-kenobi 3 806 February 12th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Han Solo
  does anyone know any thing about starwars galaxies sithduded 6 1,088 January 3rd, 2007, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Edpayasugo
  StarWars Websites Maverick1989 5 853 July 27th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Cinescape article regarding deleted scene from A New Hope Han Solo 1 693 June 1st, 2006, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Elmo
  starwars mykidluvstarwars 4 662 December 20th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Last Post: mykidluvstarwars
  episode 2 was the worst starwars movie qui-gon-dom 10 1,033 August 31st, 2005, 11:52 PM
Last Post: labonte18
  Anakins Lightsaber Change. Edpayasugo 9 1,328 August 28th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Ncoded
  The Other Starwars Movies ?? matteh 9 878 May 31st, 2005, 07:00 PM
Last Post: patomon5