Andre Norton to read
Well. Here is your chance to pick something for Irene to read .

I just found out that I'm doing a half hour reading Saturday 3/18 at Lunacon
"Andre Norton Tribute Reading"

What do I bring? What do I read?

I suppose I could bring a couple of paper backs, and mark a favorite passage?
I could also bring a couple of photo copies of more esoteric stuff, like that page from the missing SWORD series book.

Help
Irene
Well, I posted my suggestion(s) in the "Happy Birthday Andre" thread, where this was also posted. But I'd say, read something that means the most to you personally. Something that says "Andre Norton" to *you*.

Good luck!
Paul.
Paul (no, the other one)
Captain of the ISS Andre Norton

By vocation, I am a Horta-master
By avocation, I am a reader
By Dream, I am a star-roamer
By choice, I am Andrefan
Hi Irene,
I agree with Paul. Pick something that means "Norton" to you. For myself, it is the passage in The Stars Are Ours containing the quote that gives the book its title(hint: see the bottom of my post[minus the typo, natch]). Also,I would include the passage in Witch World where Petronius(sp.) is explaining about the Siege Perilous. The end of Catseye is also an excellent read. The X Factor has some great Diskan Fentris/ Brothers-in-fur sequences. I like the idea about the fourth Swords book. The "guest's" blessing of the house in one or more of the witch world books(Quoted, I think, in the intro to Moonsingers Friends) Would be an awesome intro.
But in the end, It's up to you (Who better?) to pick. Have Fun. Later Kind Folks--Paul :wave:
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
Luckily I have a month to figure this out. I only found out about it yesterday (Tues 2/14). I've got your suggestions.

Maybe if I photocopy a bunch of pages, remembering to credit them), and see if I can come up with a themed message.

Something less of a critique than Roger Schlobin put in the Bibliography, and more of a saga. Perhaps ending with an entire short story, or poem.

The Catseye paragraph on animals, the Stars are Ours message, and several others, might make a nice beginning. Sort of a philosophy of the author. Some excerpts of what made an Andre Norton book. Ending with a short story, or poem (Twinkle, Twinkle, little star?)

Perhaps inspiration will strike. Maybe my worst problem will be keeping this down to a half hour.
Irene
There've already been lots of excellent suggestions I'll enthusiastically second.

Since you won't have time to go for range of works, you'll have to go for theme [witih possibly some poetry or emotion thrown in]. Still, could you bring some of your color copies of the jackets to at least show the range of genres she wrote in: westerns, adventure, pirate, romance, etc., along with the usual suspects?

Just a thought.
Whoa! Deja vu....I said, Deja vu...

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Collecting Norton Lots-A-Watts 8 141 10 hours ago
Last Post: Irene
  Andre Norton inspired Martha Wells Jerrie 3 705 May 15th, 2022, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Good News for Andre Lovers. Lots-A-Watts 5 456 December 3rd, 2021, 09:15 PM
  Andre's burial site Tudorlady419 3 392 November 24th, 2021, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Tudorlady419
  HUGE Andre Norton sale - today only! Jerrie 3 557 March 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
  Passing of Andre Norton, March 17, 2005 Irvkoch 47 30,897 February 18th, 2021, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Michael
  ebay listing - 70 Andre Norton books for sale chris.hakenkamp@gmail.com 1 597 November 19th, 2020, 09:01 AM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Nobble Warrior Meets with a Ghost Lots-A-Watts 1 366 November 4th, 2020, 08:13 PM
  Another book read and reviewed Irene 6 1,578 October 26th, 2020, 03:57 PM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Hob's Pot Lots-A-Watts 0 393 October 23rd, 2020, 11:42 AM