Mando'a
Has anyone heard about how Karen Traviss is now creating Mando'a, the Mandalorian language as a usable language, much like Klingon with Star Trek. It sounds to be pretty good.
Re'turcye mhi!
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
I hadn't heard of this. Interesting because did we ever hear Mandalorian language in the movies. I could understand if it were Huttese.
I can imagine quite a bit.
You understand Huttese??????
Darth Chloron Wrote:You understand Huttese??????

No, what I'm saying is there was Huttese spoken in the movies or at least in Episode I and VI. Where was Mandalorian spoken in the movies?
I can imagine quite a bit.
Doesn't Jengo give the order, to close the closet where his gear is stored, to Boba on Kamino in Mandalorian? It's a short line, but i think it is definately in Mandalorian.
I don't recall if Obi references Jengo to the council in his initial report, As just, "a bounty hunter named Jengo Fett" or "a Mandalorian bounty hunter named Jengo Fett." I seemed to recall Obi knew Jengo was Mandalorian, before getting a good look at Jengo's armor during their fight making Obi's assertion definate. Or it could be that Obi's freind Dex might have told Obi that the dart was Mandalorian, but i think the dart was specific to Kamino weapons manufacturing.
Cool "It's a trick, get an axe." Ash-Army of Darkness (1993)
patomon5 Wrote:Doesn't Jengo give the order, to close the closet where his gear is stored, to Boba on Kamino in Mandalorian? It's a short line, but i think it is definately in Mandalorian.
I don't recall if Obi references Jengo to the council in his initial report, As just, "a bounty hunter named Jengo Fett" or "a Mandalorian bounty hunter named Jengo Fett." I seemed to recall Obi knew Jengo was Mandalorian, before getting a good look at Jengo's armor during their fight making Obi's assertion definate. Or it could be that Obi's freind Dex might have told Obi that the dart was Mandalorian, but i think the dart was specific to Kamino weapons manufacturing.

I believe the order given to Boba in ep2 was spoken in Huttese.
The line spoken in the movie was 'A bounty hunter named Jango Fett' . I dont think we ever hear anyone in the movies make an reference to the Mandalorian race.

As for the Mandalorian language being written, it sounds interesting , but I always imagined that the Mandalorians spoke Galactic Basic. Just my thoughts though...

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Mando%27a

It's not official but it is accurate with what Karen Traviss has already made. Note there is some swearing in it.
As you can see this is set to be much bigger than Huttese.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.

MYCode Guide