Narnia 2 Gets Green Light
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php...0&id=34464
I enjoyed the first Narnia...but this sequel will suffer without Tilda Swinton! She was the star, as far as I was concerned!
Caroline
The Thunder Child Science Fiction Journal
http://thethunderchild.com/
Daily Space
http://dailyspace.blogspot.com/
I agree with you about Tilda Swinton. Also I don't think Prince caspian would work as well as a film as The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Still I think they could do a decent job.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
Here's one of the pics that went along with the press release, from the premiere. OK - everyone get ready to say AWWWWWWW....... :love:

[Image: narnia.jpg]

Note: teen girls (of all ages) should be ever-so eager for the sequel, as Peter and Edmund will be about three years older than in the first (much of which was shot a looong time ago) and the title character is a charismatic handsome young prince who's a couple of years older than Peter.

And guys who likied the action should rejoice: "Prince Caspian" is a genuine, legit, outright action novel (as opposed to "Lion," which sort of accentuated much of the battle scenes to turn it into an action film.) Imagine everything you liked about the first one, except a fair fight between men and beasties (the beasties are the good guys this time) with no lion or witch turning the tide....and then add the aspect of guerrilla warfare as the main theme.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Oddly I find Prince Caspian rather lacking in action - a lot of the book is them trying to get off the island. And Lewis actually cuts the end-battle short. Still I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to up the action quotient for the film.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
Yep, they refer to a bunch of battles in Trumpkin's recap of the last few months in Caspian's life - any one or more of them could be blown up into a full-fledged battle scene. You're right - much of the beginning is the kids on the island, just like much of "Lion" is innocent kids' stuff with hide-and-seek and lampposts and tea w/ Mr. Tumnus, etc. I just see their wandering around the woods and eventually realizing that they are in Cair Paravel as tremendously cinematic. And of course ditto for all of Caspian's flashback - his understanding of what Narnia really is, and his tutor's stunning revelation to me is just fascinating. And then the big duel scene... (with the Bulgy Bear sucking his paws) ...and then the whole Bacchic frenzy thing for the finale.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I def want to see it. can't wait

fear
The bit where the children realise that the ruin they're in is Caer Paravel was one of the things that started me off on my career in archaeology (the other was Badger in Wind in the Willows explaining how his sett was based on the ruins of an ancient town).
I hope they do it well.
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
Dr Who, The Face of Evil.
Along with the various opportunities for battle scenes, there is the single combat towards the end - that could well be beefed up in the film, and I certainly hope it is.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A movie based on the book "Lord of Light" by Roger Zelasny Mordomin 5 558 September 16th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Agaricus
  that time I unexpectedly met Peter from the Narnia films august 3 414 April 9th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Walden Media has lost the Narnia film rights FilmGuy 1 1,259 January 7th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Last Post: august
  Narnia co-Producer Perry Moore dead at age 39 Michael 0 526 February 20th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Green lantern movie and Thor movie badlands 5 497 September 23rd, 2010, 09:31 PM
  the fauns in Narnia badlands 2 461 December 22nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian on Blu-ray HD and DVD RobRoy 0 358 December 16th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  movie about heroic green berets in Afghanistan. badlands 1 489 December 15th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Last Post: EDSEL_PK
  Faith and Film: C.S. Lewis and the Chronicles of Narnia Michael 0 383 August 26th, 2008, 12:11 AM
  Narnia Nintendo game review Michael 0 382 August 26th, 2008, 12:00 AM