Isn't Yoda a little too active?
Yoda duled with Dooku at 22 BBY (Before Battle of Yavin)
Yoda then died at 4 ABY, at the age of nearly 900 years old.

That means that roughly 20 years before he died, Yoda was gallumphing around wielding his lightsaber. But he had already lived almost all of his life by then, infact, 87/90 of it. Which, if we just call 100 for rounding, that means that roughly, Yoda had spent 97% already of his life when he fought Dooku. Doesn't that seem a little too much to be so good with a lightsaber? That's something like a 72 year old running around with a sword. The only explanation I've thought up with this is that, with Yoda's strength with the Force, he was able to remain quite active even nearing towards the end of his life.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
Well Yoda seemed to move slowly in regular life and seemed to draw upon the force when fighting. The fight against Dooku in Episode II showed that when after the duel he goes back to his cane and his slow like walk.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Han Solo Wrote:Well Yoda seemed to move slowly in regular life and seemed to draw upon the force when fighting. The fight against Dooku in Episode II showed that when after the duel he goes back to his cane and his slow like walk.

Yeah Han's pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Also , If I might add, when Yoda dies, I believe he says something like 'sick I have become' . This could very well mean that, while Yoda was old, he may have died due to a sickness , rather than old age.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
Yeah, the force can allow its user to do many great things. I use the force just to get up out of bed in the mornings just cause I'm lazy.
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
i know what you mean, its like when i use it to unzip my flies to take a pee.
The dark side is best, you get to go to bed late and stuff
Darth Bore Wrote:i know what you mean, its like when i use it to unzip my flies to take a pee.

Whoa!!!!! I was not aware that the force should be used for such things.
well duh the force is all around us. It doesn't go away so why not use it at all times?
On the subject of every day things, I've always had this idea that if a Jedi uses it for every day things, then it's arrogant, and the Jedi is using the Force unwisely as if it's some sort of slave thing.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
Like in the Simpsons, when Homer uses his gun for ridiculous things and Moe and the rest of the gun buddies (or what ever) kick him out of their gang!
Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
Pechark Wrote:On the subject of every day things, I've always had this idea that if a Jedi uses it for every day things, then it's arrogant, and the Jedi is using the Force unwisely as if it's some sort of slave thing.

True! Remember in AOTC when Anakin and Padme were having dinner, and he used the force to manipulate the pear she was about to eat. He said that Obi-Wan would be most displeased if he caught him doing that.
I agree with the force idea of him being active. Also in ESB he is far more active than someone should be who is going to die in a year. I think the sickness idea here is correct. It may not be perfect, but it works for me.
like everyone at the time, when i first saw yoda get all ninja magic on Attack of the clones when he took on Dooku, i had a hard time handling it,(in fact everyone one in the cinema was laughing) but after seeing sith i have got used to the idea. Clearly it is the foce that aminates him, otherwise he is just another annoying old age pensioner , without a bus pass.
The dark side is best, you get to go to bed late and stuff
Boba,Obi Wan,Jango Wrote:Yeah Han's pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Also , If I might add, when Yoda dies, I believe he says something like 'sick I have become' . This could very well mean that, while Yoda was old, he may have died due to a sickness , rather than old age.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
Sickness can be induced by old age, but fair point.
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
As I remarked before in another thread, Yoda (at least as of the time of the Clone Wars, & possibly until after he trained Luke) may have to some degree feigned infirmity and slowness, to camouflage himself from any foes seeking him, and to deceive any potential attacker into thinking here was easy prey, a helpless doddering old whatever-he-was.

Also, I think when Anakin did the fruit thing for Padme, he was "showing off", and that sort of pride (not to mention expressing an intention to violate the Jedi vow of chastity with a personage he was supposed to be guarding, not hitting on :leech: ) probably would have upset his teachers and masters. But of course "pride" and "using the Force like a slave thing" could be equivalent.

Furthermore, a Jedi on some sort of mission probably would not care to advertise himself as such casually to the general public, like a plainclothes policeman, if surprise or concealment would be tactically better . After the Empire was established, of course, the remaining Jedi (Yoda, Obi-Wan) continued doing the same, for their own survival.
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
Without the Force, all Yoda can do is ram his head into Dooku's groin.

Repeatedly.

With feeling!
:deadhorse:
"A Iluvatarinya! En na pelecco carinyesse!"
"Oh my God! There's an axe in my head!" :worry:

http://www.yamara.com/axe/#Q1
Coconut Ent Wrote:Without the Force, all Yoda can do is ram his head into Dooku's groin.

Repeatedly.

With feeling!

Cry I feel Dooku's pain from here! I think that Yoda possibly uses the cain to fool his enemies' so they think he's helpless until he drops the cain and then draws his lightsaber so then they're like ":fright: ". But if that isn't the case then maybe the force gives him an extra boost of energy when he needs it, that's why he's always tired when he finishes a fight he uses alot of his force energy.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cute Baby Yoda badlands 2 572 November 13th, 2020, 09:12 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Lucasfilm Ltd's Yoda statue has become a tourist landmark Michael 0 681 August 8th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Was Yoda serious when he said Luke was too old? Han Solo 22 3,256 November 28th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Did Yoda and Obi-Wan abandon the remaining Jedi? Han Solo 9 2,490 March 28th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  is yoda the oldest jedi frkman 3 1,786 March 6th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Last Post: YodaIam
  Yoda's hyperactivity Galafre 9 1,286 February 6th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Last Post: frkman
  Yoda - Pop Star? RobRoy 0 679 June 5th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Yoda Cameo jmancool 3 841 June 5th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Last Post: jmancool
  yoda we all love him but what is he DavMi Pehaw 10 1,887 February 23rd, 2006, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Jedi Guardian
  age of yoda commander of the 501 4 890 January 26th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Last Post: raydan