First Impressions Of Earth
Hey everyone,
Has anyone here heard the new Strokes album 'First Impressions Of Earth'?
Because I have and I love it, so if anyone else has some comments on it, please, do tell! Favourite tracks, what you think they should release next etc. I know they are releasing 'Heart In A Cage' next, after the debut 'Juicebox'.
So if anyone else has info on them, I'de love to hear it.
Cya
Hi whomping willow,

I have the loved the Strokes since 2001, I purchased each of their albums on the day they were released.

At first I didn't like FIOE, but I have come to believe it is their best Album.

I love every song on the album with the exception of track 12, that song plain sucks.

My favorite track is "Ize of the World", that song is GREAT!

I'll be seeing them preform on March 4th, in NYC.
Gaius Baltar, you're so cool
Too bad you're a Cylon tool

Baltar is a CylonYou know its true.
Hey Apollo,
OMG, I'm so jealous, I wanna see them live. Well when they tour in australia, I'll certainly be there. I can't say I'm as much a loyal fan as you, because I only got into them when 'Room On Fire' was released, but they've since become my favourite band of all time. I agree with you, FIOE is the best of their work, so far. I bought it on the day it came out and I was like counting down the days. It's an amazing album.

Uuuumm you said you hate track 12, but then you said that 'Ize of the World' (which is tracks 12) is your favourite track. Anyway I'm sure you didnt mean that, yeah 'Ize od the World' is the best track.
The only tracks I can't listen to are 'on the other side' and 'fear of sleep', they just aren't as interesting as the rest.
I love 'red light' and' you only live once' and the drums at the start of 'electricityscape' sound so good.
Well when you've gone to the concert, tell me how it was.
cya
whompy
Whompy,

Yes, it will be neat seeing The Strokes preform in their hometown!

lol, I meant track 11, "15 Minutes", not "Ize of the World"

Yes, Red Light is great. "I'll drop you off at the next red light if it don't make sense or it don't feel right." So very, very cool and catchy.

I don't know if you watch Saturday Night Live in Austrailia, but did you catch the Strokes preformance? I was VERY dissapointed, it was not at all like the album or what I expected (I think Julian was SMASHED!), but a few nights later they preformed again, they were much better, so I have high hopes for March 4th.

Favorite band for me too.

Hello,
Saturday night live is on cable tv, but we just got rid of it, so I cant see it. I think Julian is always smashed in tv performances, but its funny. Have you seen the 'Heart In A Cage' clip, it's gud, not as sexual as the last. Personally, I think they should release 'Ize Of The World' next, because it's their best song.
I like the second half of 15 minutes, it's really upbeat, but the start is boring so I just fast forwrd to that.
Do you live in ny?, cos if you do, that is sooooo cool!!!
That is one of the places I have to go before I die, and london too. Is Fab Moretti gay, cos he said he was in a magazine and an interveiw, but then other magazines say he's going out with Drew Barrymore, so yeah, I want some answers, **** it!!!
You're gonna see them really soon, Wow, lucky you!
An ant just bit me, I didn't even know ants could do that. Well, you learn something new everyday.
cya, have fun at the concert.
whompy
Ants bites... the worst...
(I've never been bitten personally, but I've heard stories...)

I guess you're right, the second half of the song is alright.

No, sorry to disapoint you, but I live in Connecticut (state east of NY, touching it). I live about 50 minutes from the city, and I can litterally walk down the road to a train station and be in the city in under an hour. I was actually just there today auditing a class at Columbia. The city seemed pretty quiet.

I haven't seen the 'Heart in a Cage' video yet, but I'll be on the lookout for it.

I've never heard anything about Moretti being gay, but I know he is dating Drew Barrymore (she had a cameo durring the night of the Strokes' preformance on SNL).

Talk to you later,

James

Connecticut, hmmm, well it's close. Is Columbia a university? Because that's what I've assumed after watching TV shows that are based in New York.

If you wanna see their new clip, go to their website, in the 'music' section.

Apparently The Strokes are doing a Ramones cover. I only know the Ramones song, 'I Wanna Be Sedated', so let's hope that's the one they'll cover.

Cya
whompy
Yes, Columbia University.

That brings a tear to my eye... I HATE the Ramones. (It'll probably be their worst song ever). The Ramones are notorious for playing simple 1-4-5 chord prgressions in ever single on of their songs.

What a shame...

James

All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Wow, RobRoy, you sound like a teacher, the way you talk, it's unusual. That's not an insult, just an observation. Anyway, this post is not turning into a Ramones post, it is strictly STROKES, not really, but yeah!

Wow, Apollo, only 3 days till your going to see the Strokes, I'm very excited for you. Tell me everything you can remember about it, and don't get smashed, because that would ruin the memory. I can't wait to hear the Ramones cover, I don't even care if it was a bad original, The Strokes can make anything sound good.
Ok then, cya later!
Whompy
Hey! I am a HUGE strokes fan and their new album is defintiely better than I even expected.
whomping willow Wrote:Wow, RobRoy, you sound like a teacher, the way you talk, it's unusual. That's not an insult, just an observation. Anyway, this post is not turning into a Ramones post, it is strictly STROKES, not really, but yeah!

No worries. It comes from my background as a debater, my degree in speech communication, and my career as a marketing writer. When I'm arguing a point, I tend to take an instructive kind of tone, especially when broad generalizations are being applied that lack sufficient evidence or reason (such as the above).

Any other time, I just sound like a computer. Wink
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
jackscolon Wrote:Hey! I am a HUGE strokes fan and their new album is defintiely better than I even expected.

oh yeah, its probably my favourite album of theirs, and my favourite album of all time. cool now i have another person i can talk to bout the strokes, yay!
cya
whompy
I'm leaving for the concert now!

And I don't drink at all, so I'll remember what went on.

Apollo

Woooooo Hoooooooo!!! Hope you had a fantastic time!

Tell me all about it soon.

Whompy
In a word:

Fantastic.

In more than a word: It was the greatest concert to which I've ever been. They played 24 songs I believe (everything I wanted to hear), and it was a great time.

The Strokes started with "You Only Live Once", went onto "Juicebox", played "Razorblade", then broke into some of their older songs. They played "12:51", "Last Night", "Alone, Together", "Someday", "Ize of the World" (YES! The audience was very quiet when this was played, I think they wanted to actually listen to the song), "Vision of Division", "Electrictyscape", "Red LIght", "Reptilia" "Killing Lies", The new Ramones cover which I believe is called something something "Go" (not too sure, it was pretty good, but it didn't sound too Storkey to be sure...), they played some other songs which I can't remember right now, and they finished with "New York City Cops", and lastly "Take It or Leave It".

So, I'm missing 8 of the songs they played. No matter, they rocked anyway.

The opening band wasn't bad, they were "The Eagles of Death Metal."

My left ear is ringing like crazy becuase I was about 10 feet from the stage... ow...

ttyl,

Apollo

OMG, its sounds like it was quite the amazing night. I can't wait to see them when they come here. I hope they play as many song as they did at your concert.
Which song did people go most crazy about? and
Did they talk in between songs, or just play?
Sorry about the questions, but I'de love to know.
I'm glad it was the best concert you've ever been to. What were the others?
cya
whompy
The crowd went nuts for 12:51, Reptillia, Juicebox, and (no surprise) New York City Cops.

Very little talking between songs.

I've havent been to many other concerts: Coldplay, The Village People (funniest thing ever...), The Beach Boys, KISS, and Aerosmith.

Well you've been to much more concerts than me! I was going to see Coldplay this year, but I'm not going to anymore because I wanna see The Strokes instead. The Beach Boys, are they really old now? Cool, you saw Aerosmith, that's awesome!

I've gone to a JET concert and an Oasis one recently, and don't laugh...a Backstreet Boys concert too. But it was good, so don't judge!

Did you buy a Strokes t-shirt or other merchandise? I'm so jealous, but I won't be once I see them for myself.
Ok then, cya
Whompy
I didn't buy a T-shirt, but my sister and her friend did.

Yes the Beach Boys (or really Beach Boy, as there was only one original member) were old, but they were AWESOME. I love that type of summer music.

Yeah, Aerosmith played a concert with KISS, it was very cool, but also very loud...

The more I think about the concert, the more I recall I eenjoyed it.

Also, yesterday I was going with the same freind I went to the concert with to this Intior Design Expo in Manhattan (I'm not swish if thats the impression you're getting), but it was a blast. ANYWAY, I brought First Impressions of Earth with me in the car going with my fiends family, and Mr. Crowley, my freinds dad, didn't like the music at all, and I was fighting with him about it the entire ride...

The battle continues...

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Requirements for Earth-like life on other planets Michael 0 3,336 April 9th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Earth to be consumed by giant red star Agaricus 5 1,221 February 5th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Scientists confirm another Martian rock has landed on Earth Michael 0 611 January 25th, 2012, 04:50 AM
  Video: Google Hangout discussion about discovery of Earth-sized rocky planets Michael 0 632 December 21st, 2011, 12:31 AM
  And again...an "Earth-like" planet has been discovered. Michael 0 666 December 5th, 2011, 10:31 PM
  Wired wants you to name new Earth-like planet Michael 0 641 December 16th, 2009, 09:04 PM
  Earth hottest it's been in 2,000 years RobRoy 64 3,048 May 22nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Bacchus
  Fossils point to oldest life on Earth RobRoy 3 563 June 8th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  French are rudest, most boring people on earth: British poll RobRoy 15 1,156 May 28th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Last Post: brandy
  Oldest Rock In Earth's History On Display SpringfieldST 2 512 April 11th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Last Post: big jack