Vicky Pratt in House of the Dead 2: Dead Aim
It's a made-for-Sci-Fi feature, premiering Sat. Feb. 11th at 9 PM EST.

When zombies overrun a small town, a squad of elite soldiers battle the undead while racing against time to develop a vaccine to stop the fiendish affliction from spreading. Emmanuelle Vaugier (Painkiller Jane), rapper Sticky Fingaz (Dead Presidents) and Victoria Pratt (Cleopatra 2525) star.

WORLD PREMIERE: Saturday, Feb. 11, at 9/8C

Official site is at http://www.scifi.com/housedead2/

Rated R for strong zombie violence/gore, language, nudity and brief sexuality; based on the video game series by Sega.

Directed by Mike Hurst (but not the NZ actor - this is the UK director, who wrote the screenplay for the notorious "Mansquito." )

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I've been waiting for this just for Vicky. I refuse to watch the first one since it's a Uwe Boll picture, but I'll suffer through a sequel for our Sarge! :bg:

Was this really a sci-fi pictures film from the get go, or did they just end up picking it up? Will Sci-Fi show an R-rated movie uncut? Nudity?

You know it's gonna be great when one of the stars goes by the name of "Sticky Fingaz." What is the world coming to?

Oh, yes, an end by zombies. How could I forget? :laugh:
Looking at the listing in the IMDB, as well as the trailer, it would appear to have been intended for a (very limited) big screen release. I say that because it was written and produced by Mark Altman, who did the indie film "Free Enterprise." Plus Lion's Gate is listed as the distributor, and you don't need one of those for a direct-to-cable film.

Plus it wasn't filmed in Bulgaria. :bg: :bounce: (And it apparently had a bigger budget - a whopping $6 million.

But I suspect it probably only played a few weeks in a few selected locations, and they plan to make most of their $$ from dvd sales and cable broadcast.

Sci-Fi will never show an uncut R-rated movie though. (Sometimes after midnight, other basic cable channels like AMC and Bravo will.) To their credit, they usually edit down the language and nudity pretty expertly, so you know something probably was there in the original... but it doesn't detract from the plot.

OK wait a sec... I'm talking about detracting from the plot in a movie based on a video game about zombies. :laugh:

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
True, plot is usually 'uuuuughhhhhh' *BANG, BANG!* 'sreeeeeeeaaam' in these things! :laugh:

Uh, Mark Altman. Yeah, I think he used to write a column in Cinescape a few years back when it was a monthly magazine. I wasn't impressed. I recall one where the whole column was a gloat that he'd managed to get Terry Ferrel to go with him to some awards show. It was so tacky and unprofessional, I thought.
:laugh: Yep, but if you got a date with Terry Farrell, wouldn't you brag?? :bg:

Hey I think you forgot one crucial bit of zombie-ish dialogue:
"Grrrrr...arrrgghh."
august Wrote::laugh: Yep, but if you got a date with Terry Farrell, wouldn't you brag?? :bg:

Hey I think you forgot one crucial bit of zombie-ish dialogue:
"Grrrrr...arrrgghh."

To my friends, for sure, but not to the entire world! For one I'd be afraid that Terry Farrell would read it and be offended, for another I'd like to think that I've got a bit more tact than that. Although I doubt it! :laugh:

Ah, yes, the "Grrrrr...arrrgghh," naturally accompanied by drool. How could I forget that classic? :bg:
A tee-niny blurb from Vicky is at Sci-Fi Wire today:

Quote:The actress plays one of several military types and government operatives/scientists who spring into action when zombies threaten to take over the planet, starting with the students at a college campus. :laugh:

"The zombies were really freaky," Pratt said. "They did a great [job] on the makeup, so you didn't feel like you were being, you know, a horrible person by shooting a human being. You could really believe that these things were going to tear you apart if you didn't do what you had to do. And I love guns, which made it even more fun. Charlie, our armorer, he's done his stint in the military, and he loves guns, and he loves women who love guns! So it was great to be able to shoot some cool guns..."

As always with Sci-Fi premieres, it will run again at 1 AM, then on Thursday 2/16 at 9 PM EST.

Guns, guns, guns! :laugh:

I'll have to catch this one on DVD, still don't have cable at the new place.
OK, this one is basically a low-budget variation on "Resident Evil," with no CGI, and set in a deserted (save-for-zombies) college campus.... with Vicky as the equivalent of Michelle Rodriguez. So basically, commandos go in to police up the area, and get wiped out one by one. Or if you want to go further back, it's "Aliens" except with zombies, and Vicky is playing the equivalent of Vasquez.

As zombie movies go, it's pretty good, since I have minimal expectations in this area. I'd rate it below the original "Night of the Living Dead," but only because that sort of invented the genre - otherwise, that film is extremely primitive, in fact literally amateurish. And below the the first two "Evil Dead" films and "Dead Alive," but again, they were unique. I'd put it higher than any of Romero's subsequent zombie films or their remakes, higher than "Route 666," higher than "All Souls Day," higher than the five "Return of the Living Dead" films, and way higher than "28 Days Later" (I was never impressed with the "It's digital - it's British - so you've got to think it's arty!" hype for that one) or the two "Resident Evil" movies (which to me seemed to scream "We spent $40 million - so this must be good!")

Especially since none of those films feature Vicky in her underwear. :tongue:

It has some interesting innovations - like the idea of a mosquito bite spreading a zombie virus. And the idea of finding a generation zero zombie to try to create a cure (i.e. the first one to introduce the virus to the affected/infected area.) With the added thrill factor of the commandos working under a deadline before the govt. wisely obliterates the entire area w/ cruise missiles (which I bet we've always wondered why this doesn't happen in most movies like this.) And an interesting explanation of how the virus may have been created. And it has a nifty update on the corporate greed idea from the "Aliens" movies. Plus there are rare instances of humor (which should have happened far more frequently) such as the final three survivors running into the zombie-fied football team and having to run a formation to get past them....or a reference to orders coming straight from the President.... who got them directly from the Vice-President. :laugh:

And, being low-budget and shot quickly, it has flaws. The zombie disease is spread by a zombie biting you.... and yet blood gets splattered every which way possible including all over the face and hands of the leads.... yet they never worry about contamination. (Although to their credit, they do establish early on in the film that the characters are not worried by this; it's just never explained.)

Rapper Sticky Fingaz plays the tough, no-nonsense Sergeant-Major in command of the mission (the heroes are civilian AMS staff, which we assume is the commando branch of the CDC) and much like Coolio in "Pterodactyl" and Ice-T in several films, he's a decent enough actor..... but not convincing as a veteran military man. He sounds far too much like a gangsta or thug, and basic training beats that out of you. Non-coms in the military have a remarkably uniform "sound" that they're forced to acquire.

Plus the writers seem a bit confused - Vicky's character is a lieutenant, part of the established commando team, and yet she reports to the Sgt. Major. Someone forgot to remind them that a Sgt.-Major is still a sergeant, not a major I guess. :bg: And the team is supposed to be comprised of elite rangers, vets from Iraq, Bosnia and other tours of duty.... and yet they are as incompetent as most of the team in "Aliens." This also apparently is a slightly alt-universe army, where male and female soldiers share co-ed bathrooms and locker rooms, affording us the sight of Vicky prancing around in her scivvies (which are black and slinky, not exactly general miliary issue! Not that I'm complaining.)

And of course, by the end, all of her camo uniform and kevlar vest etc. are gone, and she's wearing a midriff-baring tank top.

But her time on screen is fairly limited, as she's the 3rd or 4th lead, and she basically plays Sarge from "Cleo" again.

Anyway, it's worth watching for free, or catching as part of a 2-for-1 special at a dvd rental place.
august Wrote:
Especially since none of those films feature Vicky in her underwear. :tongue:

This also apparently is a slightly alt-universe army, where male and female soldiers share co-ed bathrooms and locker rooms, affording us the sight of Vicky prancing around in her scivvies (which are black and slinky, not exactly general miliary issue! Not that I'm complaining.)

Hey, say no more, I'm sold on the idea. :laugh:
Don't say I never did anything for you.....

Click here for screen captures.
Thank you, august! LOL

I'm diggin' it. Definitly'll be worth a watch. Funny you mentioned Aliens, those screen caps from the locker room scene reminded me of the locker room scenes in Aliens so much.
A loooooooot of things will remind you of "Aliens" in this one. Smile
This got a respectable 1.4 rating, or maybe 1.75 miilion viewers or more for its premiere. That's about average these days for the Sat. night thrillers - the creature (alien, dinosaur, etc.) and disaster movies seem to score slightly higher than the zombie ones. What's funny is that it beat out "Resident Evil!" (Although that was a rerun...)
This is being shown again on Wed. Sept. 27th at 9 PM EDT on Sci-Fi, after the first "House of the Dead" at 7. The two have nothing really to do with each other, other than being based on the same video game... and technically set within the same world and same zombie plague...and therefore the same zombie rules.
This reruns Sat. Oct. 21st at 11 AM, preceded by the first one. Just the thing to start your Saturday morning out with!
Vicky was also in 'Kraken : Tentacles of the Deep'.

She was GORGEOUS!!!! And I always thought her acting was underrated. Though she's done her share of B-movies, I have always been a fan of hers. Even before she started acting.
august Wrote:This reruns Sat. Oct. 21st at 11 AM, preceded by the first one. Just the thing to start your Saturday morning out with!

Nice! If there's no good soccer games on, I'll definitly watch it. Thanks for the heads-up, august!
Sat. Dec. 16th at 11 PM EST - HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2 is being rerun. Emmanuelle Vaugier, Vicky Pratt, and Nadine Velasquez (Catalina from "My Name is Earl" ) - all in their underwear! Heart Zombies? Huh? There are zombies in this film?

And then again on Wed. Jan. 3rd at 11:00 PM EST.
Sci-Fi is running this again tonight at 11 PM EST, after "Rt. 666."

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Preview of the (latest) Evil Dead video game, as narrated by Bruce himself august 1 146 June 29th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
Big Grin Evil Dead Rise! august 2 157 March 14th, 2021, 11:03 PM
  Victoria Pratt Beauty Thread! Darkamber 71 18,569 May 15th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Last Post: august
  Vicky Pratt lines to make your chin hit the ground... august 19 2,275 March 18th, 2019, 10:41 PM
  Evil Dead the Musical - live (after a fashion) on stage in Columbia SC! august 10 1,638 February 27th, 2019, 02:34 PM
  Vicky Pratt's birthday! august 31 3,832 December 24th, 2018, 02:29 AM
  Victoria Pratt in T.J. Scott-directed series "Caught" ...but only on CBC august 1 629 March 3rd, 2018, 01:08 PM
  T.J. Scott directs Victoria Pratt, Kelly Hu, and Katrina Law in "Death Valley" august 1 1,353 January 14th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Victoria Pratt's new movie Turbulence on Lifetime Move Network @ 8 PM tonight (Fr. 12/30) august 1 1,761 December 31st, 2016, 02:12 PM
  Bruce promoting Ash vs. Evil Dead august 1 398 October 11th, 2016, 06:18 PM