Andre Norton "Kushite" movie?
Andre Norton's website included a 1996 interview in which she stated that a low budget movie was being filmed ("by Studio City in cooperation with Disney") in Florida of that year, based on "Shadow Hawk" & "Wraith's of Time".

Was this movie ever completed, and if so, what is the title. Did it go straight to video?

Thanks,

Kenuchelover.
Irene
Dear Irene,

Eh, it sounded too good to be true.

Daybreak 2250 A.D. would have made a good movie. (But not, perhaps, as good as Sea Siege?)

I'd be surprised to hear that many authors of Norton's stature DON'T have multiple films to their credit.... it makes one wonder whether Hollywood had any particular gripe with her? (SURELY not a blacklist?)

Sincerely (thanking you for your reply),

Kenuchelover.

(Whose collection is securely boxed up, waiting for his children to grow somewhat older than their current 4 & 2.... although, come to think of it, the eldest CAN read now ;-)
Irene,

Re Beastmaster, I was under the impression that the reason she wanted removed from the screen credits was because of what they did to the tiger, not the novel. Of course, you do see the Lady more than I, so maybe you have better information.

Or perhaps it was because of a combination of things.

Paul ( no, the other one)
Yes, the biggest reason for getting her name OFF of the BEASTMASTER movie credits was because of the Tiger.

I also believe it was because all they used from the book was that a human communicated with a Big Cat, a Big Bird and a couple of cute furry creatures.

For those of you who didn't know. The original BEASTMASTER movie with Marc Singer, used a Tiger as the "Big Cat" and dyed it black. As a result I believe that the Tiger died.

Irene
You know, I've never seen the BEASTMASTER show on tv from end to end. Is Norton credited for the original character?
I do not believe that the BEASTMASTER TV series credits Andre Norton.

I believe that the credits say that it is based on the BEASTMASTER movies.
Irene
If I remember right, the credits on the the Beastmaster tv series said 'inspired by Andre Norton's Beastmaster'. It's been awhile since I've seen the show.
Ship's Cat
The television show, for what it's worth, did mention Andre in the opening credits. However, the show is more based on the Marc Singer movies than on the books.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HUGE Andre Norton sale - today only! Jerrie 3 240 March 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Passing of Andre Norton, March 17, 2005 Irvkoch 47 29,377 February 18th, 2021, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Michael
  ebay listing - 70 Andre Norton books for sale chris.hakenkamp@gmail.com 1 384 November 19th, 2020, 09:01 AM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Nobble Warrior Meets with a Ghost Lots-A-Watts 1 199 November 4th, 2020, 08:13 PM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Hob's Pot Lots-A-Watts 0 278 October 23rd, 2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Andre's Reading Corner - Noble Warrior Lots-A-Watts 3 343 October 3rd, 2020, 11:46 AM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Desirable Lakeside Residence Lots-A-Watts 0 233 September 16th, 2020, 12:30 PM
  Andre's Reading Corner - London Bridge Lots-A-Watts 2 311 September 6th, 2020, 11:40 AM
  Norton Image Project Lots-A-Watts 13 740 August 24th, 2020, 12:33 PM
  Andre's Reading Corner - A Cats Tale Lots-A-Watts 2 377 August 19th, 2020, 01:35 AM
Last Post: Michael