My lightsaber....need advice..***
this is my first thread, so here it goes

i made this lightsaber from an old vaccum cleaner (props to kin-char bamin)

look at the pics and make some changes and tell me how to make it better....thank you!

[Image: ?action=view&current=P1010038.jpg]

[Image: ?action=view&current=P1010037.jpg]

this is where i need alot of help!...please

if anybody knows how or a website where i can make my own glowing lightsaber blades for about 20 -30 bucks i would greatly appreciate the help
I dunno, this isn't something I'm very used to, making lightsabers, to me it looks pretty good, a little to similar to Darth Vader's maybe, and a little messy here and there, but overall pretty good.

I like your name, it's very witty.

Darth Pechark
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
Hey Pechark aka Darth Morden
Visit and join my Star Wars site at:

http://starwarsbf2rpg.proboards75.com/index.cgi
Pretty innovative I must give you, but not my style. I would try to clean it up a bit, and add some switches and whatnot to it cause it's semi-plain. I do like the idea with the vac. cleaner. Remember however, this is my opinion and your project, so build it to your likings.
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
Thank you for the advice i will try to improve and post a new model soon

does anyone have advice on how to make a glowing blade?
ReeTarD2 Wrote:Thank you for the advice i will try to improve and post a new model soon

does anyone have advice on how to make a glowing blade?

If you want my advice, star again. I doubt that you will be able to clean it up to make it look like a future light saber. Make it very original maybe a diffrent color :alien: . But yeah it looks very similar to Darth Vaders and it looks messy. But I am not patranising :dummy: I couldn't do something like that. :dummy: Post it into the thread "fan art" BTW.
a glowing blade? hmm....if you took a flashlight and put it in the hilt (make sure it is the kind that turns on with a button on the side), then put a color filter over the flashlight, then attached a long plastic tube to the hilt, you might be able to have a glowing blade. just an idea; no idea if it would work.
I shall rule the galaxy.
Navarro Knight Wrote:a glowing blade? hmm....if you took a flashlight and put it in the hilt (make sure it is the kind that turns on with a button on the side), then put a color filter over the flashlight, then attached a long plastic tube to the hilt, you might be able to have a glowing blade. just an idea; no idea if it would work.

Actually, the first generation lightsabers (IIRC) were a colored plastic tube with a cheep flashlight for the handle. The "blade" was solid and didn't retract or expand. The end of the "blade" was rather clever though. It was of formed plastic that would make a whirring sound as you swung it, imitating, to some degree, the sound of a lightsaber.

I think I broke three of them fighting with my brother and sister. It's a shame, they're probably worth plenty now.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
It looks really good to me, and how did you come up with building a lightsaber model out of vac. cleaner parts?!? I NEED ANSWERS!
Very good, but the button needs to be red and it needs to be cleaned ( duh)

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  100+ Star Wars fan stage massive lightsaber battle in the UK! august 1 969 February 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Star Wars lightsaber prop sells for $240,000 RobRoy 0 734 December 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  favorite lightsaber Jar Jar Binks 18 1,950 February 9th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Lightsaber's Outer Skin Saber 2 805 April 20th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Saber
  Lightsaber colors? RobRoy 122 28,075 January 31st, 2006, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Darth Chloron
  Yodas Lightsaber sith lord 53 4,447 December 23rd, 2005, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Jar Jar Binks
  can people that are not jedi use a lightsaber? darth sideus 13 1,792 October 29th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Pechark
  who would win a lightsaber duel in teams yoda619 12 1,504 September 23rd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Last Post: patomon5
  Favourite Lightsaber Duel Edpayasugo 13 1,525 September 15th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Last Post: patomon5
  Anakins Lightsaber Change. Edpayasugo 9 1,255 August 28th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Ncoded