Character actor, Vincent Schiavelli dies
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/ar...bit27.html

Had guest starring appearances on X Files and Star Trek The Next Generation as well as many film credits including Fast Times at Ridgemont High
A classic "Hey, it's that guy!" character actor. At one point he was married to Allyce Beasley, aka Miss DiPesto on "Moonlighting," and guested in an ep that featured her prominently.

Other memorable roles include Miss Calendar's uncle on "Buffy," the teacher in "Better Off Dead" who asks John Cusack "Now that you're broken up, I was wondering if I could ask Beth out?" and I recall him very early in his career, when he had a full head of hair teased up into an Afro, as a regular in a predecessor to "Cheers" called "The Corner Bar" - he played one of tv's earliest openly gay characters.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Oh, no way, not that guy! (August's dead-on, he's the kind of actor everyone's seen, but doesn't really know)

His favourite character among my friends and I will always be the somewhat bumbling, apologetic hitman, Dr. Kaufman, from Tomorrow Never Dies.

"I am a professor of forensic medicine. Believe me, Mr. Bond, I could shoot you from Stuttgart und still create zee proper effect."
:bg:

Kaufman: This is very embarrassing. It seems there is a red box they need in your car, only they can't get it open. They want me to get you to tell how to open it. I feel like an idiot, I don't know what to say.
Bond: ......
Kaufman: I am to torture you if you don't do it.
Bond: Do you have a doctorate in that as well?
Kaufman: No, no zis is more like a hobby... but I am very gifted.
:laugh:

Looking at his IMDb page just now, I didn't realize he voiced the character Bullet Bob in the Blade Runner video game. That remains my fave. game of all time to this day.
My favorite moment from Mr. Schiavelli was his guest starring role on X-Files in the episode "Humbug", one of the best of the series.
I've often heard "Humbug" is the best/one of the best X-Files episodes, and it happens to be one of the one's I've never seen!
Boomstick Wrote:I've often heard "Humbug" is the best/one of the best X-Files episodes, and it happens to be one of the one's I've never seen!

You've got to check it out. It is in the second season. One of those Darin Morgan satirical episodes. Very funny, considered one of the best of the series.
SpringfieldST Wrote:My favorite moment from Mr. Schiavelli was his guest starring role on X-Files in the episode "Humbug", one of the best of the series.

Yes, a great episode. RIP Mr. Schiavelli.
I can imagine quite a bit.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Film Director of Boyz and hood and Poetic Justice dies: John Singleton badlands 0 347 April 30th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Voice Over Artist Hal Douglas dies (Videos) FilmGuy 2 874 April 19th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Michael
  British actor Nicol Williamson ("Excalibur") passes away (Video embedded here) FilmGuy 0 481 January 27th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  B-Movie Horror and SciFi Producer Richard Gordon dies Michael 0 428 November 6th, 2011, 12:39 AM
  Actor Peter Graves dead of heart attack at 83 RobRoy 3 559 March 19th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Dan O'Bannon, 'Alien' screenwriter, dies aged 63 Boomstick 0 392 December 19th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  '80s teen flick director John Hughes dies in NYC RobRoy 5 644 August 10th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Last Post: august
  Actor Russell Crowe shows his charitable side during filming of Robin Hood in UK Michael 0 453 July 30th, 2009, 03:16 PM
  Charles H. Schneer, fantasy film producer, dies at 93 Michael 1 409 January 27th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Last Post: inked
  Burton's Commissioner Gordon, Pat Hingle, dies at 84 Michael 4 516 January 6th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Last Post: RobRoy