Bullard of the Space Patrol
Hello experts, On ebay last week, I saw two different jackets(only one had the book with it) of Bullard. The lone jacket was green with a man in a space suit saluting. The one on the book was a beautiful multicolored very "busy" jacket ( by Virgel Finley.) Both claimed to be "Firsts" Who is right? This is not a trivia question. I am just very curious. Happy Holidays Kind Folks--Paul Huh
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
Hello Paul, The True First Edition is the World Publishing Company, copyright 1951, states first Edition on copyright page. Illustration is by Safran, of man in space suit saluting. price $2.50. The Edition with the Virgil Finlay cover is also by the World Publishing Company, copyright 1951, it is a World Junior Library Edition, code HC755 on copyright page, price $1.00
Oh gosh. Now I've got to check my copy. I don't know which I have..

I thought that World always had the alphabet numbers on the copyright page. But I thought that the "H" was for Harcourt? I also thought that the numbers stood for month and year... It appears that I am wrong.

I need to check my references and my books.
Irene
Thanks, Irene, I still like the Finley cover better even if it isn't the First. Merry Christmas to you and the entire Norton Community. Later Kind Folks--Paul :wave:
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
Irene

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sargasso Of Space Discussion Jerrie 0 474 March 9th, 2018, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Jerrie
  Space Opera! Jerrie 1 444 May 25th, 2017, 10:31 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Andre reading club: Sargasso of space Paul Goode 0 590 January 30th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Space Pioneers jimqwerty 2 1,137 March 31st, 2006, 03:47 PM
Last Post: jimqwerty
  Space Police tmon 1 1,157 January 16th, 2006, 12:59 PM
  Space Police tmon 5 1,408 July 15th, 2005, 04:33 PM
  Space Sevice tmon 1 1,065 July 11th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Irene