Vader's Deformity
In EP. V, there is a scene where you see Darth Vader's helmet drops down and seals on his head. This is right before they enter the asteroid field. Does anyone know what he was doing? I read in one of the books that Vader sometimes tries to use the force to heal his scars from the Obi-Wan fight. Of course it never worked out for him, but does anyone have any comments?
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
Saber Wrote:In EP. V, there is a scene where you see Darth Vader's helmet drops down and seals on his head. This is right before they enter the asteroid field. Does anyone know what he was doing? I read in one of the books that Vader sometimes tries to use the force to heal his scars from the Obi-Wan fight. Of course it never worked out for him, but does anyone have any comments?

I always assumed that he was getting some kind of regular maintainance. Whether that involved cleaning, checking his suit's systems, or flushing out some of the environmentals, I don't know. Probably all of the above. There's probably a psychological reason for this as well. Would you want to wear a mask all the time?
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I never thought much into the scene. I just took it as when no-one was around he would take the mask off, sort of like a superhero. You notice how the guard doesn't go into the chamber when he sees Vader with the mask off-this validates my theory.
RobRoy Wrote:Would you want to wear a mask all the time?

Obviously, you are not ugly like I am....LOL!
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
It could very well be for eating easiness, and also for maintenance. And it could be used just for Vader to get his mask off and relax. In my opinion the Hyperbanic Chamber is just to let Vader relax, sort out his suit, and do things with his mouth that are neccerssary to live.

Darth Pechark
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
I read somewhere that that was his medidation chamber, he prolly took his mask off for that reason. lol, you try sorting out your mind and concentrating while wearing a mask that makes noise every 5 seconds.
Saber Wrote:In EP. V, there is a scene where you see Darth Vader's helmet drops down and seals on his head. This is right before they enter the asteroid field. Does anyone know what he was doing? I read in one of the books that Vader sometimes tries to use the force to heal his scars from the Obi-Wan fight. Of course it never worked out for him, but does anyone have any comments?

In my book called the Ultimate Guide to Star Wars itsaid he was eating and drinking.
Playwithfire101 Wrote:I read somewhere that that was his medidation chamber

Yes I've read that too. I believe that the meditation chamber contains life support systems or something like that, so Vader is able to meditate without his helmet on. But theres no reason not to believe that he wasnt eating or drinking too.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
He goes in there to listen to his Spice Girls records. He's embarrassed about it so that's why he hides away in that bubble, but, darn it all, he just can't stop listening to those infectious tunes.

I've heard the 'meditaion chamber' thing, too. I sort of assumed he was in there trying to find Luke with the force or some such.
Boomstick Wrote:He goes in there to listen to his Spice Girls records. He's embarrassed about it so that's why he hides away in that bubble, but, darn it all, he just can't stop listening to those infectious tunes.

I thought it was Hanson. That "MMMBop" song is really a jack-booted toe-tapper!
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:I thought it was Hanson. That "MMMBop" song is really a jack-booted toe-tapper!

:laugh: Yes, it's the most requsted song by hardened dictators incarcerated for crimes against humanity.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: ROGUE ONE LEAKED TRAILER 2 Breakdown! Darth Vader Revealed! A Star Wars Story Movie FilmGuy 0 576 July 17th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Vader Wants YOU! Han Solo 0 707 January 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Darth Vader costume badlands 2 996 January 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
  Darth Vader robs a bank?? Han Solo 1 745 July 26th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Darth Vader is watching you from the Washington National Cathedral RobRoy 2 1,019 April 20th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Gollum wannabe
  Rigg out Vader! Jedi Guardian 38 2,923 February 8th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Last Post: frkman
  The Adventures of Chad Vader - Day Shift Manager Han Solo 3 829 November 28th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Sciguy
  darth vader video remix sessions.....this is hilarious moonscience 4 1,058 July 14th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Pechark
  Does Darth Vader have to choke a hoe? chapill 1 1,070 May 5th, 2006, 04:35 PM
  Vader D.W.11 7 1,025 April 30th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Last Post: D.W.11