Is yoda that tough? I dont think so....
Lets sit back and think, we all love yoda but he isnt that tough at all! I mean what has he acomplished really? Yes he is strong with the force and experianced but he hasn't done much! Yeh he taught luke but a jedi knight could have done that. I don't wish him away its just that he isn't a decent jedi.
psh, I think anybody who can fall 75 feet from a small platform onto a hard floor without crying is pretty tough
I had the impression that he was an accomplished teacher and fighter.
smelly yoda Wrote:Yeh he taught luke but a jedi knight could have done that.

There weren't really any jedi left to teach Luke.
Well, I got an impression from the films that Yoda is an accomplished fighter , teacher and master. Yoda is presented by Lucas and throughout EU as well as one of the greatest Jedi . Just because we dont see Yoda take on a droid army or save people from a crashed star ship in the films , dosent mean he hasnt done anything like that. The guys lived for 800 years and he must've done more than save a kitten trapped in a tree to have gained all that wisdom in the first place .
The storys of the films never revovled around the life,actions and exploits of Yoda. Sure he is a major character, but the story mainly follows the skywalker family, mainy Anakin and Luke.

Matt Confusedhades::paw::coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
Yoda would kick Neo's butt any day of the week. Sorry, that's just an disagreement that my buddy and I have all the time.
"All to easy!" <-- Darth Vader EP V :angry:
SpringfieldST Wrote:There weren't really any jedi left to teach Luke.

Yes, but what i am saying is that any jedi could have accomplished what Yoda did! (By teaching Luke that is) Also did Yoda have a apprentice does anywone know?
smelly yoda Wrote:Yes, but what i am saying is that any jedi could have accomplished what Yoda did! (By teaching Luke that is) Also did Yoda have a apprentice does anywone know?

Count Dooku was once his apprentice. Not saying that anyone couldn't have taught Luke about the force, but who better to be taught by than someone that has 800 years of knowledge about the force.
Ki-Adi-Mundi was also his Apprentice
Playwithfire101 Wrote:Ki-Adi-Mundi was also his Apprentice

Well i had no idea of that! Very interesting. So Yoda didn't even teach count dooku well enough about the force! Dosn't anyone agree that Yoda is a failure?
smelly yoda Wrote:that he isn't a decent jedi.
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
I can't believe you said that! Yoda is, in my opinion the best Jedi ever, let's take down his accomplishments.

He is an acclaimed teacher. He's taught many, some even in the Jedi Council.

He is probably the most Force sensitive character ever. He is incredibly strong with the Force, you can't say that makes him not a decent Jedi.

He is a great fighter, towards the end of his life even, we saw him doing flips, jumps and fantastic skills while fighting, despite his small stature.

Not just anybody could've taught Luke, because Kenobi and Yoda were the only ones availiable. It is a testament to Yoda's skill that he survived Order 66.

Yes, maybe Count Dooku went to the Dark Side, but that wasn't really Yoda's fault, sometimes you just get a bad egg, but is it the chicken's fault?

Darth Pechark
Qyma-
Qymoi-
Qyemjai-
Qum-
K-
General Grievous is a whole lot easier to say.
Pechark Wrote::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
I can't believe you said that! Yoda is, in my opinion the best Jedi ever, let's take down his accomplishments.

He is an acclaimed teacher. He's taught many, some even in the Jedi Council.

He is probably the most Force sensitive character ever. He is incredibly strong with the Force, you can't say that makes him not a decent Jedi.

He is a great fighter, towards the end of his life even, we saw him doing flips, jumps and fantastic skills while fighting, despite his small stature.

Not just anybody could've taught Luke, because Kenobi and Yoda were the only ones availiable. It is a testament to Yoda's skill that he survived Order 66.

Yes, maybe Count Dooku went to the Dark Side, but that wasn't really Yoda's fault, sometimes you just get a bad egg, but is it the chicken's fault?

Darth Pechark

Ok fair points, I dont dislike yoda (hense the fact that my name is smelly yoda) I think he's great but he is just a comical character! Yes he is a great fighter, but somehow you forgot to put down the serious battle he had won! Also it is the chickens fault because Yoda didn't teach him how to become at one with the force! And if he so powerful with the force why didn't he defeat the emperor? But Mace Windu did, until Anakin interfered of course. I just think that he is a joke. Yet everyone thinks he is so powerful when he isn't!!!
I think that regardless of what we see or don't see on film, it's clearly implied that he's one of the greatest. If that's what the storyteller is communicating to us, I see no reason to deny or contest the fact.
smelly yoda Wrote:Ok fair points, I dont dislike yoda (hense the fact that my name is smelly yoda) I think he's great but he is just a comical character! Yes he is a great fighter, but somehow you forgot to put down the serious battle he had won! Also it is the chickens fault because Yoda didn't teach him how to become at one with the force! And if he so powerful with the force why didn't he defeat the emperor? But Mace Windu did, until Anakin interfered of course. I just think that he is a joke. Yet everyone thinks he is so powerful when he isn't!!!

After reading Revenge of Sith, I learned that the Emperor didn't really let Windu win. What he was doing was faking so he could lure Anakin in farther to the darkside of the force. The whole "I'm too weak!" stuff wasn't real cause think about it....once Anakin cut off Windu's hand, what did the Emperor do....he went right back to force lightning. It was all just a trick.
Boomstick Wrote:I think that regardless of what we see or don't see on film, it's clearly implied that he's one of the greatest. If that's what the storyteller is communicating to us, I see no reason to deny or contest the fact.

I absolutley agree with what you've said .

smelly yoda Wrote:Well i had no idea of that! Very interesting. So Yoda didn't even teach count dooku well enough about the force! Dosn't anyone agree that Yoda is a failure?

The idea that Yoda is a failure because Dooku succumbed to the Dark Side is far from the truth. Yoda taught Dooku more than well enough about the force as he ended up becoming great Jedi Master. By the time he chose to Join Sidious and the Dark Side, he was already a Master and was capable of knowing what he was doing. Its not like he was some young apprentice who needed guidance from a master . And Dooku was not Yoda's only apprentice, but I'm sure the other Jedi he trained went onto become great jedi .

As i said, Ki-Adi-Mundi was his Apprentice, heres more: ...Yoda trains several notable Jedi, including Count Dooku, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi (partially, before Qui-Gon Jinn took over with Obi-Wan's training), Ki-Adi-Mundi and Luke Skywalker. Moreover, he has trained almost every Jedi in the Galaxy since he instructs all younglings in the Jedi Temple before they are assigned to a master...
Boba,Obi Wan,Jango Wrote:I absolutley agree with what you've said .

The idea that Yoda is a failure because Dooku succumbed to the Dark Side is far from the truth. Yoda taught Dooku more than well enough about the force as he ended up becoming great Jedi Master. By the time he chose to Join Sidious and the Dark Side, he was already a Master and was capable of knowing what he was doing. Its not like he was some young apprentice who needed guidance from a master . And Dooku was not Yoda's only apprentice, but I'm sure the other Jedi he trained went onto become great jedi .

Wow i knew there would be a public uproar but I had no idea it would be this bad when i posted the thread, lol! But I still stand my ground, Yoda has failed count dooku therefore being ANOHTER REASON why Yoda hasn't accomplished much, He is just a comical character that dosn't deserve his rank, yes he is very strong with the force but he is not that great!
Smelly, I agree with you on this: Yoda definitely cracks me up, he IS funny looking.
BUT that doesn't mean he's not a decent Jedi. Despite being a bit comical, he does inspire respect and he's very wise and accomplished.
I wouldn't say he failed Dooku, would you say Obi-1 failed Anakin because the latter turned to the Dark Side? They are masters, after all, not gods!
I like to think of Yoda as the Incarnation of the Force. He's sort of a spiritual leader for the Jedi, and that's totally decent to me. The fact that he talks and walks and looks funny is not enough to say he's laughable.
May the Force be with you (and with me)
smelly yoda Wrote:But I still stand my ground, Yoda has failed count dooku therefore being ANOHTER REASON why Yoda hasn't accomplished much, He is just a comical character that dosn't deserve his rank, yes he is very strong with the force but he is not that great!

How exactly did he fail Dooku? Dooku's training under Yoda would've ended when Dooku would've been young, in his 20's maybe.A jedi would've been priveleged to train under Yoda. Dooku chose to leave order just after the events of ep1. By that time he was a jedi master and around 50, 60 years old. He left the order because he didnt see why the jedi should serve a corrupt body such as the senate. After that he sucumbed to the dark side. He joined on his own. As I said before, he was a jedi master, its not like he was a young, inexperienced apprentice that needed the guidance of his former master to smooth his path through life. Dooku fell to the darkside due to his own shortcomings, not Yoda's.

Boba,Obi Wan,Jango Wrote:How exactly did he fail Dooku? Dooku's training under Yoda would've ended when Dooku would've been young, in his 20's maybe.A jedi would've been priveleged to train under Yoda. Dooku chose to leave order just after the events of ep1. By that time he was a jedi master and around 50, 60 years old. He left the order because he didnt see why the jedi should serve a corrupt body such as the senate. After that he sucumbed to the dark side. He joined on his own. As I said before, he was a jedi master, its not like he was a young, inexperienced apprentice that needed the guidance of his former master to smooth his path through life. Dooku fell to the darkside due to his own shortcomings, not Yoda's.

IMO that's correct. You can be trained by the finest of jedi, but your own actions will decide what path you ultimately take. A person's fate, I believe, will always lie in their own hands.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cute Baby Yoda badlands 2 745 November 13th, 2020, 09:12 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Lucasfilm Ltd's Yoda statue has become a tourist landmark Michael 0 762 August 8th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Was Yoda serious when he said Luke was too old? Han Solo 22 3,461 November 28th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Did Yoda and Obi-Wan abandon the remaining Jedi? Han Solo 9 2,689 March 28th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  is yoda the oldest jedi frkman 3 1,904 March 6th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Last Post: YodaIam
  Yoda's hyperactivity Galafre 9 1,443 February 6th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Last Post: frkman
  Yoda - Pop Star? RobRoy 0 756 June 5th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Yoda Cameo jmancool 3 927 June 5th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Last Post: jmancool
  yoda we all love him but what is he DavMi Pehaw 10 2,010 February 23rd, 2006, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Jedi Guardian
  Isn't Yoda a little too active? Pechark 15 1,830 February 23rd, 2006, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Jedi Guardian