Excellent Movies That Bomb?
Dost thou know of any good movies that somehow didn't do well at the box office?

I thought Final Fantasy: Spirits Within was pretty good (even though my sister complained that the lips were slightly out of sync with the dialog), with an interesting premise.

I also liked The Island, it combined two cliched SF themes to get something I didn't expect.

I rather liked Kingdom of Heaven.

I guess the real question of this thread is really:
What movies did you really, really like that bombed at the box office?

And what does this say about us?
:deadhorse:
"A Iluvatarinya! En na pelecco carinyesse!"
"Oh my God! There's an axe in my head!" :worry:

http://www.yamara.com/axe/#Q1
I quite enjoy Last Action Hero.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
Moving to General Moves forum.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
What are we defining as "a bomb"? It seems to me that most of these movies have made back their initial investment.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
There's plenty of good movies that bomb. One of the biggest bombs in recent (and all time) history was K-19 The Widowmaker. It was an outstanding film that just fell through the cracks for one reason or another.

It's got to do with the economy, the other movies that are released around it, the 'national mood', if there is such a thing, at the time of release, and a million other little factors.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video games that you like to see as movies badlands 4 483 September 9th, 2021, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: What the original 2 Stargate sequel movies would have been like Michael 0 118 July 5th, 2021, 02:22 AM
  Time Travel Movies BloggerBunny_25 1 169 July 3rd, 2021, 11:02 AM
  Gender Bender movies badlands 1 452 April 1st, 2020, 11:18 AM
  Cursed movies and shows badlands 2 437 March 2nd, 2020, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Agaricus
  Video: Real Navy Seal reviews military movies Michael 0 390 February 18th, 2020, 01:54 AM
  Video: Former mob boss reviews mob movies Michael 0 441 February 18th, 2020, 01:52 AM
  Are there movies about the Skeleton coast telling about genocide that happened there? badlands 0 328 January 21st, 2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: badlands
Big Grin NEW SCI-FI MOVIES spock00001 4 1,151 December 1st, 2019, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Spacecadet11
  Which is best Comedy Movies to watch in free time? geekguy1829 1 808 September 17th, 2019, 12:18 AM
Last Post: badlands